Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage What are YOU doing to get ready for the 2015 Meltdown Drags?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okiedoker, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Noise curfew?.., I could stop talking at sunset.

55belairx2 and 30dodgeboy like this.
  2. Sorry to hear about your dad.

3. I have mufflers.., and we could figure something out for the car too.

55belairx2, 30dodgeboy and powrshftr like this.
  4. powrshftr

powrshftr

Post up a pic or two of that coupe Man....what kind of times are you running with it?

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. its a solid nine sec. street car. if you can walk me through the process of posting a pic from my phone i will do it. or i can direct you to several magazines it has appeared in.

6. LOL, made me think of this:
    new-muffler-card-13.jpg

55belairx2 and powrshftr like this.
  7. powrshftr

powrshftr

Got most of the clearancing done on the passenger side motor mount,bell housing,and frame mount tonight,and test fitted the header on that side.
    It's definitely gonna be "Toyt loyk a toyger" lol!
    Looking forward to getting my actual heads here,and starting assembly of the "David" motor.....(Cause it's just a little guy who's gonna take down 'Goliath') :D

Here's a pic of the mockup tonight with the headers on the car,and the intake and carbs thrown on just for kicks.
    The previous owner had the carbs mounted backward,so I have a bit of fab work ahead of me to notch the intake for linkage clearance (in order for carbs to fit under hood).
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420688953.581147.jpg

Scott

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  8. powrshftr

powrshftr

If you're using the mobile app,just click on the middle icon at the bottom of the screen when you're posting,and it will automatically open your photo albums so you can scroll through and select the photo you want.

Scott

9. i will give it a shot. i will pm you if i can't get it right.

10. powrshftr

powrshftr

Sounds good Man!:)

11. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Damn it Brian, I was looking for the Mr. Norm car this year!!!!

12. BigDrag

BigDrag
    from Milwaukee

Not to let the entire cat out bag.....first time I saw Brian's coupe was in 2004 at the Cheaterama held at the historic Nite Owl. Still an unfinished project at the time the Chrysler looked wild, with the huge engine and exotic induction it reminded me of the Zinnger show cars I saw as a kid.....honestly I thought it was more for just looking at and not much of a driver. High quality build, nice detail, chrome, it's show car quality.....well....it runs....and strong.
    PICT0403.JPG PICT0401.JPG

13. bigslim55

bigslim55

Lookin Good Scott!!! Love them Holman/Moody valve covers! Boy your really upping your game! You trying to strike fear into the Okiedoker? That's going to be a must see race!!! Jim...

powrshftr likes this.
  14. I still think Scott's up to something with all that extra open space between the valve covers and the shock towers. Unless he wants to be able to align the front end without having to go under the car.... :D

55belairx2 and powrshftr like this.
  15. powrshftr

powrshftr

AJ:
    The more room I can get between the sides of that engine and the shock towers,the better!
    If you've ever tried to change plugs on a 289 while it's still hot,in an early Falcon or M___ang,you would welcome every 1/16" or additional room!:)

Scott

16. He's going Long Ram 413! There its out!

17. Son-o-ramic !

Swamp Rat 4 likes this.

18. Back in high school, like 100 years ago, I helped a good friend R&R the 390 in his 66 Fairlane GTA... When the engine was finally in place, there was no more than 1/4" from the header bolt heads to the shock towers... If I remember right we ended up tightening the bolts as we lowered the engine in place... I know all about TIGHT...

19. Now Scott... if you want to make the plugs much easier to change... think... WIDE valve covers... ;)

powrshftr and 55belairx2 like this.
  20. Scott-O-Ramic

30dodgeboy likes this.
  21. Plugs on the sides are for sissies. :p

30dodgeboy likes this.
  22. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420740682.416435.jpg the wheat missile will be attending.. All she's getting to prepare is new meats..

30dodgeboy and Dog_Patch like this.
  23. H
    MY PANTS ARE TIGHT ! I dig early Falcon Gassers, especially 60-61. I like the recessed grill better than 62-63.

24. 62Furious

62Furious

I' m in for the nite racing. I'm at the track all weekend.

25. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Just a reminder for owners of straight axle Falcons, Comets, Novas, Chevelles, Corn-nuts Belvederes even Impalas or any other 60's era cars with an axle...we will be running all of theses cars in the FX classes...this is to reflect a national event in 1966, when these cars were used more often as Funny Cars than they were as Gas coupes and or sedans. We have had some trouble in the past with guys wanting to be in the gas class...the Gas class lanes are the fullest by far, so not only does this respect history, it makes the lanes more even and gives you the possibility to get more runs in...thanks in advance.

30dodgeboy and beebee78 like this.
  26. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

Boy, whatever you do, DON'T get dyslexic and swap the first letters of that name!!! Cool car though!

powrshftr likes this.
  27. powrshftr

powrshftr

That is, by far, the funniest thing I have seen all month!

Scott

28. .., the bad voices are whispering stuff to me about this, but I'm resisting.., so far.

29. 55belairx2

55belairx2
    from California

No you isn't, you just texted it to me instead of posting it here!

30. BLACK STUDE

BLACK STUDE

Where will this thing wind up? Altered wheelbase, but not axle in front. HOPE to have the new 464" big buick in place. If not it will be the old, (17 y day-of-the-drags-2014-texas058.jpg rs.) 430" smaller big buick. Hoping for high 10's with the big motor, if not it'll be 11.70's with the little big one. Just lookin to come have some serious fun.

loudbang and beebee78 like this.