Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures LoLo & Behold...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Jan 7, 2015.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

LoLo & Behold...

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Sprout likes this.
  2. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

Other than the bouncy late models, there are a bunch of cool customs there. Definitely blurred lines....

badgascoupe likes this.
  3. Ryan,I hate you....That damn music is stuck in my head! :D

I kinda dig the cars,I can appreciate how much the guys love their lowriders,they are really no different than us when it comes to trying to stick with the styles,even with the later model cars . HRP

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  4. I even like Tacos and tamales..

5. SicSpeed

SicSpeed
    from Idaho

My driving days started in the early 70's here in NorCal. I was involved in a custom car club and there was defiantly a cross culture here. One requirement we had was the car had to at least be shaved.
    There is still a hot bed of Lo Riders here
    The Ho Dad ( if that's spelled right ) style of customs evolved in So Cal

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App

6. Thanks for sharing Ryan! Call it what you will, but the '56 at 2:23 just plain nails it!

deadend.jpg

i.rant and Sprout like this.
  7. Quite a few there I wouldn't mind owning. :)
    -Pat

8. Cool video! I can definitely appreciate the style of lowriders and their passion for the style. I even owned a 64 SS Impala once that would have fit in that video, hydraulics and all...

9. belair

belair

Love the 6 cly. sounds at the beginning, and most of the cars are fantastic. I appreciate the passion those cars represent. My 48 Aerosedan is going to be low and sparkly.

guthriesmith, volvobrynk and wojojo like this.
  10. What I really like is the absence of patina on almost every the vehicle in the video.

11. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

I have allway's liked the lowriders & the culture. It's true to their 'roots'. I had a couple of video's saved that I watch every now and then.

Also, I read thru Deadend Magazine.

http://www.deadendmagazine.com/

One of my memories of living in Southern California was the 'lowriders' cruising at night and dropping a "scrape plate" and sparks going EVERY where.

Chris

12. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

Hell yeah!!!!

sodbuster likes this.
  13. Not a single car there I wouldn't own and drive the wheels off of. Hope my '64 Pontiac turns out half as nice.

14. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Spent Summer 1982 in Los Angeles, participating in a NEH (National Endowment for the Humanities) Summer Seminar by a world class Spanish scholar at UCLA - Stanley Robe (whose son William is a top dog at Gale Banks Engineering). My research project involved producing a lexicon of lowrider English/Spanish vocabulary. I managed to attach myself to Brown Breed, a new wave lowrider car club in East LA. Most anglos don't understand how lowriders form an integral part of Hispanic culture and a tremendous source of pride for the entire Hispanic community. Zoot-Suiters suffered at the hands of anglos during World War II, and I believe the lowrider phenomenon largely grew out of the desire of young Hispanics to show off their identities and abilities in a socially acceptable way viz-a-vis anglo society, which welcomed tricked-out cars. Many of the first customizers (Jose Bailon, the Ayalas) and their customers were Hispanic. Ron Aguirre was the first to adapt hydraulic suspensions to street vehicles. He explained how he was able to mess with the cops and not get caught, which is part of the hotrodder versus the law game that has taken place since the start of the automotive era. Most clubs of the era had very strict rules about maintaining member cars in very good shape since club prestige was at stake. BTW, I came home with a "veterano" - 1941 Lincoln Continental coupe, and a "ranflon" - 1960 pink Lincoln Continental convertible reputedly owned by Zsa Zsa Gabor. Ahi te watcho. C/S lucas doolin

Zerk, Roadsir and Jungle Jalopy like this.
  15. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Cool video. Went to the Good Guys show in Del Mar a couple of times and saw a bunch of lowriders. Really changed my opinion of them, amazing vehicles.

Not something I would cruise the rural roads of WV in myself, but love to see them. Horses for courses...

16. I would admittingly giggle like a little girl......if I could hydraulically attend a HAMB event in one of those rollers. Of course in distended "broken" chassis stance. Awesome.

bigheadbaxter likes this.
  17. lowww to da grownd....and twice pipes.....

18. mgbtc

mgbtc

I haven't had a real low rider except for my 65 Riv years, but a 48 Fleetline is still on my short list. And they do know how to party!

19. Jungle Jalopy

Jungle Jalopy

20. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

reminds me of the "Style Kings" car show in Hayward Ca., with a mix of customs and lowriders all in one pile. good stuff.

21. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

In the late 60's (68-69) I lived in Oxnard CA and I remember the Low Riders cruizing on Wednesday nite - Whimpy's Burgers at 5 point.

22. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Es todo bueno

23. inkstain27

inkstain27

I've got soft spot for bombs & lowriders, back when I was living in California always loved seeing them roll around. Plus Alex Rosen makes some awesome videos. If you haven't yet, go check out his Vimeo channel http://vimeo.com/alexrosen

24. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That was the bombe.

25. Jon SSS

Jon SSS

Califas Low Riders rock! I lived in California in the Late 70's and 80's and remember seeing Mr Rays rose adorned '64 (I think the year is correct) Impala driving by me in Los Alamitos. I will always have a soft spot for Bombs.

lewk likes this.
  26. autobilly

autobilly

Dig the scalloped green '51 PU.

27. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Many nice cars there,we more then have a few of the type here in Miami Fl. too.
    I enjoy seeing them even though I don't care for bags,being stuck in the late 50s myself,I like low,but not too low to drive,an there is my own little limit,its if it looks too low to drive=looks broken to me and wrong,even though I really do know it's baged and can lift{but thats fake low vs real but drivible low,if that makes any scents to anyone but old ass me. I really like the low but drivible oldys

wojojo likes this.
  28. That black 60 Pontiac was perfection brought to life.

Now who can tell me about the brick building with the arched second story windows at the beginning of the video. I've seen many other times in movies, etc... and have always wondered about its history. Anyone know what it was when built and what it is now? Yes a bit off topic but old buildings are just as interesting as old cars to me.

29. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I an old time hot rodder just love the time and quality those guys put into their cars.

Have you ever given any thought to the melding of car guys at swap meets and everybody gets along. I know I've accidentally bumped into some of low rider type and got an excuse me from them and I say the same. You know you have your low rider type your skin head rat rat rodders, old hot rodders and stocker guys and probably a lot of other types and I've never seen an incident at a swap. We all have respect for each other. I love this hobby/sport whatever you call what we do.

30. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx