Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Race of Gentlemen, 2015

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Happy New Year gents !!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Don't forget, no pick up or sedans unless they are radical racers, yet period correct to thee era.

We want more home built roadsters, Gow Jobs, one seaters, etc.

There are some pretty big things brewing on the Trog tip.

Yes, we are ice racing motorcycles in Canada in Feb. But it's a film shoot so we have content to pitch the big race in Jan or Feb in 2016. We will drop some pics and moving pictures on ya when we can.

There looks to be a big announcement coming soon! We may even ask your opinion soon on a few things. We need to go check something out first.

Rumors are true though about the Customs By a The Sea moving into the beach!!!

There will be other parking for cars not in the pre 52 coral. Don't you worry! Cheers

CrazyUncleHarry and patmanta like this.
  3. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420136517.623701.jpg once I get voted in on a technicality of annoyance I could drag this with me for people with a death wish

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  4. i dont think i will be able to race og come.. but have a great year! :) Happy New Year from norway! godtnyttår2.jpg

kidcampbell71 and DallasVW171 like this.
  5. If I were any of you, I wouldn't book a room till I say go!!!

Hold up till I say when. Thanks

6. Wouldn't want a full fendered 100hp banger powered pickup blowing the doors off those "racecars" hahaha

I'm thinking of screwing together a single seater A/T combo with the aforementioned engine for a little fun.

also got the 2 seat V8 car in the works. Looking forward to this!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
    3wLarry likes this.
  7. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

Can't say what I'm building yet but its gonna be Cooler that the last 2. And fast

8. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

just my .02.... but i think sedans and trucks are cool to see done up to race... Not everyone in 1938 had a stripped down roadster. I think if the sedan and or a truck has the right build to be a race vehicle it should be good to go.. It was nice to see a variety of vehicles there last year... We are building a 29 fenderless highboy sedan with the intent of racing it a TROG... .125 over bore, stroked 59a flathead with a weber cam, ( vintage full race motor built in 1948) dual carbs and lake headers, 5 inch chop, hood and sidepanels, wide five wheels, big and little black walls.. the car will be an old ford machinery grey with some nice touches added.

IronFord likes this.
  9. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Can't wait to see it. I've loved your other cars.

10. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I really, really, really want to make it this year.

Should have my hot-banger-powered Tub done soon...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I'll be building this for the wife...
    [​IMG]

@Hitchhiker we need to get a truck n' trailer and do a convoy...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    knucklenutz, Okie Pete and Mike Yocum like this.
  11. I can understand why they would limit sedans and trucks at the race. They have a vision and are sticking to it. Your sedan sounds rad BTW.

I've got a truck that can do the pulling, just about to drop the trans and go thru it. We just need a trailer at this point.

12. RainierHooker

RainierHooker
    from Tacoma, WA

I've got access to a single-car trailer, but I think we'll need something bigger... @Hitchhiker

13. As I said before... We are limiting sedans and pickups. We are not excluding them! So it better be special if you want to put your attention into one.

Think of Squeak Bells 32 sedan, hummm, bad ass!!!

Petey, my bestest pal DeBoze said, buddy I cant get my brand new 29 roadster together for race 3. I said oh well lil buddy, you better make that sedan bad ass. He said like how? I suggested painting it like he did which made it really stand out. He also did tons of engine mods and rebuilt the rear. The first year he had just plopped the body on an almost ready chassis with unknown internals to get on the beach. Still lots of work, but you get the picture.

Last year, I let two pick ups run. This year they better be impressive if you want to gamble. There were a few Bonneville, el mirage, drag pick ups that stand out. Channel that feeling.

We want more race cars, not stock bangers with a dual carbs and no fenders.

We can only have so many cars or bikes. So we pick our favorites. I hate to say no but have too. So you got to make me go, oh hell yeah!!!

Runnin shine and scarylarry like this.
  14. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Thanks for clearing that up mel!! Appreciate it

15. nosdan

nosdan

Working on this 29 chopped sc. Dropping in a 31 banger with goodies to be fitted yet. Straight out of the 30's racer. Will also be running with the Roaring Roadsters and hill climbs in PA. Oh yeah... And some rad lettering/numbering.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420603819.554789.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420603855.168919.jpg

Drive fast & take chances

Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  16. blindowl

blindowl
    BANNED
    from MASS

If I was going to build a truck for the race this would be it ! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420637990.707735.jpg

17. dieselbronco

dieselbronco
    from jamesburg

July 1949 hot rod cover truck. Love that thing

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using H.A.M.B. mobile app

18. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

19. Mel is swell

20. 100% Matt

100% Matt

We are making some thing's happen here at New England Speed ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420652792.531578.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420652807.080944.jpg

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1420653012.345935.jpg

kidcampbell71 and patmanta like this.
  21. I don't think that engine is "legal for competition"...may be exhibition only...

I think the only two platforms allowed are Ford bangers and flatheads.....but I could be wrong....

22. Exactly!!! Thanks for not making me go find a pic of bad ass ness!!!

23. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Mel can you confirm this? I thought straight 6s were OK?

24. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

FullSizeRender 28.jpg Would like to make it as well but 2016 is probably more realistic.Would most likely be the only mopar in the crowd.
    Original fast four banger still in it.

25. 24 Dodge

24 Dodge
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Does any one know when the race weekend will be, would like to make room reservations as soon as possible. This would be the first time going so a heads up to where to stay would be help full. Thanks for any help.

26. Angry Frenchman

Angry Frenchman

I can't wait to see this race again this year!!!

CrazyUncleHarry likes this.
  27. Pete

Pete

I'm building an '85 caravan with a 59A flatty and Divcos

Runnin shine and CrazyUncleHarry like this.
  28. Haven't you been in the race twice? There are two classes in Auto, 4 CYL and Flathead V8. Thats it!!! Any thing else falls into exhibition. Again, its a gamble if you have hopes to get in, as we take the top banger and eight builds first. Only on pure style and kookiness can you slip in with a non class build. I want to see your build in person this year too, as you always cheat!!! Hahahaaa...

CrazyUncleHarry and nosdan like this.
  29. Very shortly we will be dropping some knowledge on ya about 2015! You might want to sit down... I hope so anyway!!!

Let me tell you first why I can't share when I want too. Meetings upon meetings. I'm always all bottled up with ideas, and info to share. Not till the I's are dotted and the T's are crossed before I announce. I learned that lesson.

When you deal with city councils, there are always multiple parties to talk with. Meetings get pushed back for a holiday or sickness, etc. So we have a big meeting coming up soon, where I may get to tell you bout something great, fingers are crossed!
    Or, I'll just drop the dates with the other pertinent info for 2015.

This info I do believe to be true...
    Looks like three or four Japanese friends may be coming over with Motorcycles. Bad ass
    motorcycles.

We certainly have some scuttlebutt going on bout some pretty little ladies joining us gents. Scared? You should be, chicks are dangerous! I read about them...

Legendary NASCAR crew chief Ray Evernham is behind one such pretty lady, his wife. A few gals just submitted some bikes too. Beware boys!!!

I hear every year from Europeans threatening to invade, still waiting. Last year was great. We had Italians, English, Swedes, Danish, Japanese, New Zealand, French, Finns, Germans, all gathered to party and spectate. Mind blowing! Such great friends now to visit on their turf. Bring on those Machines!!!

nosdan and Speedy Canuck like this.

30. Snuggle room!!! Points right there Pete. TORRnados rule!!!