Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods FAB32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fuel pump, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Part of Frank lives in the Spirit of South Dakota lakester. he gave us a prototype rack from his history of fabricating parts for the aftermarket industry. We were long distance friends but met once on 07 at the Pileup. He made a point to corner me to meet. One of the greatest pleasures I have ever had. We talked about him coming to Bonneville with us. Would have made my day.

flatheadpete likes this.
  2. I think he would want one of us to post this. Many of his health issues and near death experiences came from a worn out industrial roll up garage door that fell on him many years ago. Every time we talked the subject came up. I duck away from those old roll up doors to this day. He got many bonus years after he should have been flat. I wish we had more with him.

flatheadpete and Jeff Norwell like this.
  3. Standard32

Standard32
    from LA

I hate to hear that.... always respected him and enjoyed his posts.

4. Very sad to read this.
    Rest easy Frank.
    Gentleman of the Hamb.

Tudor likes this.
  5. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

Frank sent me a PM nearly 2 years ago. He was interested in the track roadsters I have built. He told of his serious injury from back in '88, and his work at Howe Racing. Being relatively new on here, I regret never talking to him on the phone as I am sure it would have been an informative conversation. RIP Frank

6. Muttley

Muttley

What a lousy way to start the new year. R.I.P. Frank

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  7. Shaggy

Shaggy
    from Sultan, WA

8. Being a new member, I think it's amazing how the passing of a man I never knew and am only just now being introduced to through these farewell messages, can bring tears to my eyes.

Reading the posts of how much he'll be missed is very touching and you all honor him greatly with your words.

R.I.P

mountainman2 and flatheadpete like this.
  9. Trent, your meeting Frank is one of my most-favorite HAMB memories:

I had attempted to convince Frank to attend that Pile-Up with the promise of free lodging, that he could drive my roadster to the event, and that we’d attend the huge Lion’s Club swap meet the next day. That was more than he could refuse! After the Pile-Up we went to dinner and as we were getting ready to head home I asked if he’d like to stop at the post-Pile-Up party. He said he was really tired but he wondered if we could maybe try to find “tman”. I told him I’d met Trent about a month before and I could pick him out of a crowd. So we went into Morris and parked a couple of blocks from Fool’s Pub. We took a short cut through a dark alley and as we came out there was a solitary figure standing in the bright glow of a street light directly in front of us – tman! First meetings are seldom as dramatic as that one. A year or so later I was telling my now stepson (datinman) the story and he told me that he was there that night, sitting with friends on the curb not ten feet from us and had witnessed most of the event.

Frank was an amazing man as is obvious from all the messages above. He was an inspiration and a true friend. I miss him.

10. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

r.i.p. frank, your probably up there checking out somebodys deuce already!

11. Frank ended up with my old '38 coupe after I sold it to Fuel Pump. We talked on occasion about it and his plans for it.

I hate to hear that he's gone. He was a good guy and a true HAMB original.

RIP.

Jim

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2015
  12. R.I.P. Fab 32
    Reading all these posts gives me goose bumps. Sad day for sure as another HOTRODDER finishes the great race.

13. BTT, I know there's a sister thread but this one was started by fuelpump, a close friend of Franks.

14. Rest in peace Frank

15. I think it speaks volumes about a man's character, when so many friends and people who don't know him besides the internet, say and write such thoughtful things after his passing.

When each of our time comes. We could all, only be so lucky, as to have touched so many lives in a positive way.

Thor1, pitman, Jeff Norwell and 3 others like this.
  16. fms427

fms427

RIP, Frank-a great friend to me and anyone who met him. Never ran into him without a spirited discussion about racing and hot rods-I'll miss those ........

17. RIP Frank. Sad news
    Thanks for the pictures of Frank and the other great posts about Frank on here.

18. fms427

fms427

And, Rich,thanks for keeping us up to date on Frank. While it has not been good news-I appreciated knowing....

Harms Way likes this.
  19. A true hotrodder and gentleman. Rest in Peace, Frank.

20. R.I.P. and God Bless.

21. Very sorry to hear this news. RIP Frank.

22. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Rest in peace Fab32. We're all gonna miss you.

Harms Way and slammed like this.
  23. Crosley

Crosley
    from Aridzona

24. Harms Way

Harms Way

With heartfelt respect for one of the best guys I ever knew,....... BTT

25. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Hi Everyone, this is Frank's son Patrick.

Mom let me use Dad's computer so I could get on The H.A.M.B. and tell you all thank you from the depths of our hearts. This has been such a tough week but reading your messages has helped us so much, even though they made us cry even harder.

Please continue to share your thoughts, pictures and memories - I'm going to save all the sentiments for my mom. She's missing her guy so much now. I want to help preserve what I can for her to easily reread when it hurts too much.

I do want to say what an honor and privilege it's been to call him Dad. He taught me everything I needed to know about using my head and my hands to build and fix things, whether it was the 69 Camaro we built together during my teenage years, the basement I finished in my first house, or the software I write today. Dad showed me with my brain and the right tools, I could build anything I imagined.

Thank you for everything Dad. And thank you all here for being his friends. I look forward to meeting those who can make it to the services.

Patrick

26. DRD57

DRD57

So sad to hear this.
    Glad I got to meet him. He was a fine human being.

27. Patrick,many of us are there in spirit,you are proof that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Give your mom plenty of hugs in the days,weeks and months to come,I am proud to call your dad my friend! Danny

28. j0pitta

j0pitta

29. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

30. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Patrick,
    So glad to read your post. If only I could put into words what your dad meant to us....both HAMB and my own family. Hopefully I'll meet you tomorrow and shake your hand...say hello and see you later.