Register now to get rid of these ads!

We Love Sedan Deliveries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Sep 12, 2013.

1. I consider this to be one of the best deliverys ever. Built in the early 70's by San Diego Prowler's member Lee Bright, it just says "nasty". Lee is gone now. I would love to know what happened to this car.
    [​IMG]

2. And here it is (kinda small, I know) of when Jack Bright owned it prior to Lee becoming its caretaker.
    [​IMG]

3. I've never seen that photo. Thanks for the history. I still wonder where it is now.

4. billmac

billmac

here,s 157656_Front_3-4_Web.jpeg 26.jpeg mine

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy, LPRS and Capt'n like this.
  5. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

pics from hotrod reunion more pics in the thread that is linked in the thread in my signature
    DSCN6526.jpg DSCN6580.jpg

exterminator likes this.
  6. Old Coyote

Old Coyote

Here's mine ..........
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. loudbang

loudbang

Wow that is a beauty

Stebo27 likes this.
  8. BurnoutNova

BurnoutNova
    from USA

Here is my 55 Sedan Delivery. Just put some new wide whites on it

Attached Files:

Scooterville and Dog_Patch like this.
  9. verde742

verde742

The owner wants to sell this: low.jpg

AND IT IS NOT A PANEL, IT IS A SEDAN DELIVERY, RARE ONE DOOR IN BACK !!!

this is Photo Shopped by the MOOSE to be lowered...(ain't he sumpthin'?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    clem, exterminator, WDobos and 6 others like this.
  10. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Re: Lee Brights delivery.The story I seem to remember was that one of the coil over mounts broke on the Jag rear, the car dropped on to the tire, causing it to spin sideways, then it rolled several times. Even for the prowlers,it was a total.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  11. verde742

verde742

Seems I remember a story like that...hope somebody that knows details can relate story again. His relative in Wash. State was our neighbor.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  12. I just found this thread. I do love deliveries too! This is mine, Fell in love with it as a kid. Originally built in the early 60s. Its a 1934 Dodge with a three inch chop. I have posted on other post before but it fits here so Thanks Ron... 020.jpg 060.jpg

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    clem, olcurmdgeon, loudbang and 8 others like this.
  13. couple from the front. 051.jpg 032.jpg

jnaki, loudbang, exterminator and 5 others like this.
  14. CowboyTed

CowboyTed

What a cool thread!

I'm about to convert a four-door sedan to a sedan delivery. I have an attraction to odd cars that nobody else drives, and my sedan delivery project is no different. Ever seen an Austin FX4 Delivery? The FX4 is the classic London taxi cab, dead common on the streets of London until recently, when emission regulations finally rang the death knell for these older cabs, which are typically diesel engines. Here in the States they are almost unknown, so they fit my need for "weird" cars.

Here's my vision, with the original sedan and then a photoshopped delivery. (Many thanks to Madfish and Themoose, whose photoshop magic you see here.) Following those are a couple variations I found on the net. Apparently I'm not the first oddball to consider such a thing.

Original:

[​IMG]

Chopped, lowered and "panelized":

[​IMG]

Another photoshop version:

[​IMG]

And a few others I found on the 'net:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Another photoshop exercise to create a hearse:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.
  15. Cowboy - That Austin is going to be a cool ride. 1 vote here for the ''hearse'' version.

16. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

[​IMG]
    A new car to me is this 46 Olds, I suspect it was originally a coach built hearse?

exterminator and Ron Funkhouser like this.
  17. metalman

metalman

I built this delivery for a friend of mine a few years ago (the pic is how it looked when we picked it up) and the tail lights were in bad condition. Those lights are REAL hard to find and priced accordingly, he ended up paying $600 for a decent but not perfect set!. A lot of the trim on it was delivery only and they only built 400 or so, never could find a 1/4 panel trim piece we needed, I had to weld up some from a 4 door as the delivery front doors are shorter then a 2 door car. Worries me since my buddy drive his delivery a lot, about 15k a year and I just know someone texting or something is going to rear end that rare trim. I give him props though, it's not a trailer or garage queen!
    Some where here someone said they thought those Oldsmobile delivery's were made from Pontiacs, I found that interesting since the Pontiacs were built from the factory with Chevy bodies from the front doors back.. When I striped this 53 down you could see where the factory grafted a Pontiac cowl to the Chevy body, all the handles/ hinges, rubber ect we ordered for a Chevy, fit perfect. FWIW those taillights fit a 54 Chevy just fine, they came up with them to have a Pontiac look but fit a Chevy 1/4. I assume Pontiac station wagons are the same, built with Chevrolet bodies.
    Funny I never seen this this thread before, clicked on it since I saw a 60 Chevy delivery for sale at a swap meet this morning I was jonesen over.

loudbang likes this.
  18. grifcarnut

grifcarnut
    from Tucson Az

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
    my '36 Ford, owned 40plus years but only cruised the last 10.

19. Bakery Delivery 004.JPG Bakery Delivery 003.JPG

I lust after this Model A every time we go to Disney's California Adventure!

20. GearheadsQCE

GearheadsQCE
    Alliance Vendor

Ron,
    That Dodge is just right in so many ways. You had me at the Quickchange;)!!!!!!!!

Ron Funkhouser and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  21. A Boner

A Boner

image.png Really liking this.....just put back on the road by Bobbleed, although not really a sedan delivery, I think it's actually a panel delivery. They are just as cool, just a little bigger, or should I say roomier.....perfect for a shop truck!

Last edited: May 8, 2016
  22. My two cents worth above.. got love a sedan delivery

Sent from my XT1585 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  23. hotrodgypsy

hotrodgypsy
    from reading,pa

MY 48 CHEVY SEDAN DELIVERY.. delivery at bash 2015.jpg

Attached Files:

24. O.Hove

O.Hove
    Member Emeritus
    from S.D.

The factory had an option of metal to cover the wagon glass, making it a s.d.
    I have show room lit. that show's it in 1960 ,so i think in other years ,they did the same

loudbang likes this.
  25. raymay

raymay

Anyone know where this 37 Chevy Delivery ended up. I designed and built it in the 80's making it more like a Station Wagon. I replaced the side panels with glass and had fold down rear seats making it functional for family and for hauling. Last I knew it was owned by a gentleman Marty Fisher in California. He upgraded the Delivery with new paint, wheels and leather upholstery. Several years ago I sent him some build pictures and the "Jimi Hendrix Lives" side panels that were in the car when I got it from Franks Oldies buy Goodies in Texas. Did see a for sale add years ago and wondered if it is still around or went overseas to a new owner.

1398845_10200930876970562_1160637444_o.jpg del2.jpg del8.jpg del15.jpg del20.jpg

26. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

I had a '59 Chev delivery years back. Came out of CA and I bought it off a KKOA guy in CT. It was dark red metallic and had "Mail Order Delivery" on the sides. It was a home conversion barrio hearse, still had the coffin rollers and the jump seat for the undertaker. When we took that stuff out (creeped out my wife) it was all gas welding angle iron and such. We used it as a push car/tow vehicle for our flathead FED, got best appearing car and crew a couple of times. Was handy for that, put the one piece rear door up and you could see the rail and hear the driver easily. I ended up selling to a young guy in Vermont. When I sold it it had DJ's Louver Service on the sides. Anyone in Vermont remember that vehicle? I have never seen it since.

Bowtie Coupe likes this.