Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My Model ''A'' build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kjell Elias, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Looks like fun to me :) hehe

2. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

Are you planning on having the engine converted to insert bearings or go back with babbit?

Kjell Elias likes this.
  3. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Hej kjell

That looks like a nice load!
    Is that a major crack in the pan?
    Is that SU ww's?

Looks like a a nice plan, will you run the OHV heads on that banger block.
    Is there anything different from a B to a BB? Ain't it the frame that sets them apart?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
    Kjell Elias likes this.
  4. Inserts all the way! :)

Thx! :)
    The pan has a crack, you are right there ;)
    It is SU's from a Jaguar. i figured if it was good enough for Jag, its good enough for a 1931 ford..
    And yeah, the OHV will be used on the best of those blocks :)
    your right, its the frame/the number

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. rusty valley

rusty valley

that german b block is a very desirable thing. improved over the american models. i forget what all. better casting, bigger valves, more oil psi etc. they were made up into the 50's, but not many here in the states

Kjell Elias and volvobrynk like this.
  6. Kid. Fukn' killer car. Love whatcha' doin' ! Can't believe I missed all this. Having said that....I can't wait for your next. Greatness !!

7. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Fixable crack?

Plenty good for a jag, but still needs to prove them self on a banger! That a real mans car, the only banger that holds up to a Jag in style! :cool:
    I've been thinking about running Volvo b30 strombergs on a banger at some point.

Love cologne bangers! They are great!

Keep at it, lad.

8. Thats why i wanted it :) hehe

9. THX! :D next build have to be a T or somthing older ;)

10. The crack should be posible to fix :)

Hehe ;) im gonna try the SU's on the chevy head :)

There should be a few improvments on the german block :)

11. Sunnyyyyyy! :D 1.JPG 2.JPG

and for a more tecnical update, im considering going old school and do new babitts in the model B blocks..

volvobrynk, Outback and bondojunkie like this.
  12. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

You don't get too many sunny days at the end of February. Good to see you took advantage of it!

13. got to use them when you can! :)

DBruce and volvobrynk like this.
  14. He is in Sunny Norway!

15. its raining.... :(

DBruce likes this.
  16. KustomCandy

KustomCandy
    from Australia

Way cool thread bud. You now have two Aussies following. :)

Is your old man (Father) an old Hot Rodder. I mean, is this where you get your interests in the Ol days Rods?
    Learning that your child takes a huge interest within something thats (for the most part for us here) in your blood is hugely satisfying as a parent.

Dan

Kjell Elias and volvobrynk like this.
  17. My dad, is a great friend of mine, when i grew up he was a fishermann, i did not see him that much, he then fell of the boat, destroyed his back, was home for a few years, then he went to work in china and africa when his back got bether, did not se him that much at that job either, but then when i was 16(and when i got the frame for this car) he traded to a job where he was home allot more, i know had him home for 4 weeks at the time. so we started building the car toghether, me and him both always liked old motors and cars, mostly 60s cars tho, and old wooden boats. but i wanted somthing different, and we both just loved the car, the simplisety, the fun, the blood, the swearing and all. so to answer your question, he was not a hot rodder, he newer had been atleast, but he did get me into 60's cars at a very young age. we did build allot of lego when i was a few years old i remember :) my dad is not even that old. he is born around 19 years before me :) Skjermbilde.JPG

mike bowling and volvobrynk like this.
  18. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Had better make it 3, Ive been following for some time ;)

Sent via carrier pidgeon & smoke signals with the HAMB App

Kjell Elias likes this.
  19. Go Aussies! hehe :)

20. anyone know of where i can get a cheap Model B 1932 waterpump?
    And also, does anyone if a Model T waterpump would fit on a model B block? :) 10729018_10152439117266179_1148073083_n.jpg

21. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

T water pumps are different. Do you mean a T pump that mounts to the side of the block and has a long shaft? I guess you could build a manifold of sorts to use one of those. You would still have to find some sort of inlet to mount on the front of the head. Great Idea.
    I think Bert's in Denver might have B pumps. I know they have rebuild kits for them.

22. yeah, i ment the sidemounted one! :) would be allot easyer to make a inlet on the front of the chevy head than to make an adapter for a v8 pump! :) Does Bert's have a website? :)

23. Kjell Elias likes this.
  24. Binger

Binger
    from wyoming

yep 62pan has the right address for bert's. needing that pump for an OHV conversion is cool. Good luck I will be watching.

Kjell Elias likes this.
  25. thx to both of you! :) i will keep you updated! :)

26. Fenders :O (no, not a guitar :( ) 11079615_874793112584142_3294600674249580941_n.jpg

27. got some new hats for the season luer.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    bondojunkie, waxhead and volvobrynk like this.
  28. Changed the head and looked over the valves and bearings today :) 1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

kidcampbell71, patmanta and DBruce like this.
  29. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Nice work!

Kjell Elias likes this.