Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1937 Dodge pickup frame dimension?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Jan 4, 2015.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I am looking for location of the front and rear axle. My truck should have a 116" wheelbase. When looking for more info, I found a picture of a frame on ACCA forum, but wondering if anyone has anything different. [​IMG][​IMG]

2. earlymopar

earlymopar

From my recollection, the rear axle centerline is on the exact same center as the arch in the frame. There are bump stops there that validate this. Then measure forward 116" and you would have the center line of the front axle. If you questioned that result in any way, you could also measure between the front leaf spring mounts as long as you can find something that shows if the location of the axle locating pins on the leaf springs were centered on the springs or not).

- EM

3. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Part of my problem is that I filled 149 holes, and the frame is boxed, so I have very few spots to locate this. I have the cab mounts, and the mounts that are at the rear arch.

4. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

are these the bump stops you are talking of. jag 002.JPG

5. 36brothers

36brothers

I took a couple measurements off mine, 10 1/2" from the center line of the front axle to the back of the front cross member. 20 1/2" from the center line of the front axle to the flat on the front of the cast bumper mount in the frame. The rear axle does look to be right below the rear mount pads.

6. jonrbrt

jonrbrt
    from Indiana

The center of hole for the bed mount bolt is dead center of rear axle. There was also a hole through the front of the frame top to bottom that was centered over the front axle. You prolly welded it up though... but it should be 116" from the rear location.
    I sell patch panels and other parts for these trucks.
    www.37plyguy.com