Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who Offers The Best Collector Car Insurance?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by modelkitbasher, Jan 3, 2015.

1. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

hi all I Insured my newest 1939 willys coupe purchase through state farm well today I get a lil refund check saying that they cant Insure the car for what the said they could after doing market research.well Its hard for them to Insure a steel body willys when all you see listed are glass cars.these are my words there. anyhow wheres the best place to go to Insure the car and who dont jerk you around If something happens?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2015
  2. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

Talk to Hagerty. They know the true value of cars

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Let the search tab find your answer.
    Many threads have discussed this very thing.
    KK

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. Dizzie

Dizzie

I've had very good experience with Hagerty, but as stated, this has been discussed before, do a search.

5. Give GRUNDY a call

6. Nothing unusual with the regular daily driver car insurance company's.

Hagerty,Grundy,ANPAC (Chrome insurance) are 3 of the best. HRP

7. oldsman41

oldsman41

ive had cars through hagerty and grundy but never had a claim. early years state farm also, daily drivers, same thing no claims. a steel willys should be handled through one of the agreed value companys like grundys or hagertys you supply them with reciets and build sheets and a basket full of money and they will insure it. good luck

8. modelkitbasher

modelkitbasher

Yea they are offering 50k at state farm but it would take 100k plus to replicate this car today.

9. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Go with Grundy they are good Rog

10. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

11. dan c

dan c
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

if you're 50+, aarp will insure for agreed value. i have a 72 nova and 50 ford and they charge $100/year for each. never made a claim, so... and, of course they limit mileage to something like one or two thousand yearly.

12. Got the Model A insured with GRUNDY, great price!

13. Another GRUNDY customer here!

14. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Haverty and Grundy are good but Grundy is much cheaper. I like to go through an agent instead of buying on line in case of a problem I will have someone to go eyeball to eyeball with.................

15. 1934coupe

1934coupe

When you are looking for an insurance company to insure a car for 100K I don't think you would look to AARP for a cheap rate. You really need to read the fine print on mileage, usage, where it's parked etc. When you get up over 30-40-50K you need to find a company that really deals in high end cars and has a very good reputation.

Pat

16. heinz51

heinz51

Hagerty has my lowered 68 CADDY my 62 IMPALA RESTO, but my 51 Chevy in progress they won't cover because air bags makes it a LOWRIDER till it's complete? GRUNDY here i come 005.JPG shop, cads,kids 010.JPG 51-1-03-15 064.JPG 005.JPG shop, cads,kids 010.JPG 51-1-03-15 064.JPG 005.JPG shop, cads,kids 010.JPG 51-1-03-15 064.JPG

17. i.rant

i.rant
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1940 Ford

Grundy,great price,no mileage limit. Friends that had claims have been more than pleased with their quick service and no hassle. Look into it.

18. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Grundy,great price,no mileage limit.

No claims, but thumbs up for Grundy.
    Have 3 insured, & when I call, a human answers phone & adding a policy takes like 3 minutes. ( or online).
    They ask me what replacement costs are.
    They email proof of insurance instantly.
    & I think it's dirt cheap & reputable Company.

19. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

THE HAMB SEARCH function sucks that's why!

Then someone always bitches about bringing up an old thread, because they actually found something with the search

20. manyolcars

manyolcars

use google, include hamb in the search terms

21. toucan

toucan
    from sc

i like grundy, but i have made no claims.

22. flamingokid

flamingokid

Switch to Allstate,Hagerty underwrites all of their antique stuff and I've found both companies very easy to deal with.

23. 117harv likes this.
  24. Search worked for me.
    The positive posts in favor of Grundy on this and other threads have swayed my vote.

25. KQQLCAT

KQQLCAT
    from Hudson, WI

I have Hagerty and have made a couple of claims and was amazed at how fast and easy it was.

26. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Here is another plus when using Grundy. If you insure your antique car with them they will also cover your daily driver at a much lower rate than a normal insurance carrier. Ask them about covering your daily driver and see how much $$$ you will save.

27. 5window

5window

I use American Modern Home/Classic Automobile Insurance. They have "agreed value" policies, reasonable rates without the "only for pleasure" requirements some of the other companies have and they'll let me stack my coverages with my OT cars under my Nationwide policy.

28. Donald A. Smith

Donald A. Smith
    from Brook In.

1958chevy summer driver 65 yr old driver no claims 185.00 a year Hagerty Beats the shit out of some suit and tie dumb ass who would not know a classic car if it bit him in the ass. Yes Martha I HATE insurance agents, but that is a story for another day. Winter sucks Don in Indiana

29. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

you must be a SEARCH NINJA... Because I have tried to search threads that I know exist with the proper search words no come up with nothing....

If I check the box that says search classifieds, it still pulls up stuff from everywhere and stuff not even related..., as stated By someone else... I have had better luck searching with google...

It's still MAJOR annoying to see people always bitch about " not doing a search"....

If this guy did a search and pulled up a thread from 2005 and asked a question , the other camp would bitch about reviving a 10 yr old thread....

And realistically the info from 10yrs ago may not be valid anymore

30. 117harv

117harv

Not true^^^, If a member brings up a thread with useful info it's appreciated. The bitching happens when someone brings up a drama or OT thread. Or a years old thread to answer a question that has obviously been answered.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015