Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Joe posted this picture on facebook last night....All I can say is "WOW". Thanks Joe !!! Joe Deck Lid.jpg

2. Wow !! Look at the roll marks. You can see the wheel in the reflection !! Good Gawd man !! She sure is purteee' ! Good going with that guy. Nice work indeed. I wonder how his arms and shoulders feel ?

Hapydz likes this.
  3. Fulvia

Fulvia

Wow! What a story. If it was me i would keep it the way it was. Anyways, i still have my one and only car. From experience i will NEVER get rid of it! Hope you have a blast restoring it!
    Sam

Hapydz likes this.
  4. titus

titus

looks like its a new skin?

Hapydz likes this.
  5. Yes it is Jeff....

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  6. smoked1

smoked1

Merry Christmas!

Hapydz likes this.
  7. K.L

K.L

Looks stunning, the whole project!
    Merry christmas.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Hapydz likes this.
  8. Happy Days.jpg Thanks Smoked and the same to you !
    Joe brought the almost finished trunk lid over today for a trial fit before final securing of the outer skin to the inner.

It sure is looking great !I think the old deck skin will become wall art for the shop. We talked about the next step which will be taking the passenger door to remove the crease in the belt line, that has been there forever. I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas !!![ATTACH=full]2791366[/ATTACH]

oliver westlund likes this.
  9. Slopok

Slopok

Absolutely fascinating story. I gotta ask though, is there some reason that he made a new deck lid for you rather than straighten out the dent in the original one? It didn't look too bad that it couldn't be saved from the picture I saw. Certainly anyone who has the skills to make an entire new panel could've pounded out that dent, no? Not criticizing by any means, just asking. That photo of you then & now is truly captivating.

Hapydz likes this.
  10. Callage 5.jpg Slopok, didn't think you were criticizing ! I think Joe felt that it would be neater to make the new skin. The pictures I took didn't do the dents justice...lol. I'm glad you like the picture of the both of us....I am a Gemini ;-)
    Ron
    p.s. Love your Merc !!!![
    ATTACH=full]2791416[/ATTACH]

deuceroger likes this.
  11. Slopok

Slopok

Thanks and I also am a Gemini for what it's worth.

12. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Thank you for sharing your incredible story with us and good luck on the build. Bill

Hapydz likes this.
  13. I'm a Gemini Too can I join!

Hapydz likes this.
  14. Slopok

Slopok

Sure, but only the good side of us is allowed on the H.A.M.B.;)

Hapydz and Tony Martino like this.
  15. Another Gemini Here! Maybe we should start club:eek: Love this picture!
    [​IMG]

deuceroger and Hapydz like this.
  16. fulltimeforester

fulltimeforester
    from california

Great story, you're the envy of every 74 year old guy that longs for their first car.

Atwater Mike and Hapydz like this.
  17. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Ron, It was good talking to you last week, have you thought about taking your banger to the Toronto Show in March. Yes I kinda like your new deck lid . Merry Christmas. Larry

18. Hi Larry; Sorry I missed the end of your auction. I don't thik that eBay notified me that it was ending at least we can blame them....
    When is the Toronto show ?

19. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Ron, It is a complete new ownership show MOTORAMA CUSTOM CAR & MOTOR EXPO, International Building on March 13,14 & 15.

20. That's the weekend after Detroit, right ? mmmmmmm ;-)

21. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

Hapydz likes this.
  22. 50flathead

50flathead
    from Iowa, USA

This has to be one of the best HAMB stories that I've followed in a long time. Enjoy your 32.

Hapydz likes this.
  23. Spending some time out in the shop cleaning up the stainless '32 grille instert that some dumb ass, 15 year old kid painted 60 years ago.... Hey, wait a minute.... that kid was me .
    Insert 1.jpg

Last edited: Dec 27, 2014
  24. Did a bit more on the insert today and it is looking better already.....Not perfect yet, but better..... Insert 12.jpg

oliver westlund likes this.
  25. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Much better!!! Keep this up and it will be absolutely stunning.

Hapydz likes this.
  26. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

Really cool story. I am glad to hear that you were able to get the car back after all those years.
    It must have really meant to be yours again!
    I hope you get it out and share the can and story with everyone who will listen.

Very cool picture of the car with you then and now.

Hapydz likes this.
  27. oldwagonlover

oldwagonlover

Really cool story. I am glad to hear that you were able to get the car back after all those years.
    It must have really meant to be yours again!
    I hope you get it out and share the can and story with everyone who will listen.

Very cool picture of the car with you then and now.

Hapydz likes this.
  28. MD7.jpg Ordered up a rad cap/trim for the '32 rad shell the other evening and spent some time out in the shop yesterday un -filling the leaded peak of the shell.I want the fiver to look as stock as possible, just sitting a ton lower and with the right tire, rim combination to give it a nice rake. You know what I'm talking about, don't you ? ATTACH=full]2799480[/ATTACH]

29. Great story. I still have my first car.

36 ROKIT and Hapydz like this.
  30. You bet, Ron; can't beat the stock-bodied theme today. Thankfully, I held off "customizing" my '36 back in the day,
    when I was young and stupid. Although it's my first car, too, I sold it to my bro in '68 when I went overseas. Bought
    it back in '76, a little worse for wear...
    So let's all get our first car/now bucket list projects finished while we are still able!!

Hapydz likes this.