Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration How many are addicted to the HAMB, what would you do without it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56don, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Just after I posted a snarky wisecrack I was thinking, I probably spend too much time reading the HAMB. Its one of the first things I do in the morning after I retired. It has become sort of an extended family with members that most of whom I have never met and probably never will.
    So, to you addicts, what would you do if you didn't have the HAMB to comfort you?
    I for one would probably spend more time in the garage.....or exercising.

K.L, HOTRODPRIMER, Hnstray and 3 others like this.
  2. I admit it, I'm addicted.:)

HOTRODPRIMER, Hnstray and i.rant like this.
  3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I don't think I am, I just wanted to get a post in before HOTRODPRIMER :)

4. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Yeah me too!
    KK

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.

5. Note to self.....don't drink coffee while reading the HAMB
    Cleanup on isle three...

6. I was gonna say that would be a good question to ask HOTRODPRIMER, but blowby beat me to it.

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  7. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

Mostly great guys on here and fun idea trades plus. If it was not already here and run as good as it is,would have to put up with the other rod sites or just start one.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Posting on the first page definitely means addicted. :D No Hamb ? Horrors :eek: :D

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  9. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Hi, I'm Dave and I'm a HAMBaholic.

10. I have spent a lot of time on the HAMB over the last 11+ years. Sometimes too much time, I can't really call myself an addict, but there are days that I am on here instead of taking care of business.

I have to say this, I knew Ryan via internet contact long before I ever joined the HAMB. I did join at a time in my life that I needed an outlet and without the HAMB I would have little contact with the outside world. This is not a lets feel sorry for the 'beaner thing so don't take it that way, I am just being candid.

Can I live without the HAMB, no doubt. I got by just fine before I joined, but my life would not be as full without it. I have met some good people on here, well maybe not good but people that I can abide. That says a lot I don't like most people.

11. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I´ve only been on here for 12 years or so... so I´m certainly not addicted, only the real old members are, hahahaha

Roothawg and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  12. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

I guess the first step is to admit you have an addiction, huh? I think I probably am, as I log on several times a day to check for updates on threads I am subscribed to and check for new threads that interest me. But it isn't a bad addiction interacting with people that have similar interests as I have and since I have lost my best friends that had those same interests, I find this place comforting. I don't care to do without the HAMB, but imagine I could get along without because I did before I discovered it.

HOTRODPRIMER and volvobrynk like this.
  13. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

I am addicted too.Since I retired I get on 3 or 4 times a day just to see what's new. I guess I would take more naps if I did not have the Hamb. I sure have gotten lazy since I retired!!!

14. Budro35

Budro35

Addicted, retired, beat HOTRODPRIMER!!! Life is good!!

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  15. Damn you HAMB. Without you I'd probably get more indoor jobs done in the winter.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  16. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I have a colligue who swears that the difference between an alcoholic and a guy who drinks to much is; an alcoholic miss work, miss to many showers and have dificultys matching there income to there bills, becous of there alcohol abuse.
    So Per that defenition, I'm not an HAMBaholic.

I just use all my spare minuts, on here, and even this minut my wife talks to me, although I told her once, I AM ON HAMB, WAIT.

OMG, maybe I am a HAMBaholic

My wife dont understand, except my dad, and he dont understand HAMB, just my car opsession.
    I would be lost.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. indyjps

indyjps

Count me in, I'm on here a few times a day. The phone app has made it very easy to jump on. Before I was on here I was on a lot of other boards that I still visit, mostly car related. I prefer this site, cars are built here, not unwrapped from a package and assembled.

18. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

I've been here 5 years---pretty much enjoy it, altho I'm not terribly traditional, I'm told. Having grown up in the 50's (and the 40's as well) I think I have a pretty good take on how it went down and still say "everybody was trying to get an edge" including choice of engines. You can finish out the thought.....................

33sporttruck and HOTRODPRIMER like this.
  19. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I'm addicted. You got a problem with that or somethin'? :cool:

HOTRODPRIMER and Hnstray like this.
  20. squirrel

squirrel

That's a big part of the attraction of the HAMB. Also, the wide variety of makes and years. Ok, maybe missing out on the past 50 years of cars is also a bonus.

But in general, I can take it or leave it. :eek:

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  21. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm not an addict in spite of my many posts. I have a lot of spare time at my job, so here I am.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  22. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

We've lost a lot of regulars over the years. A large part of that is related to work. Many people who have internet access at work spend their down time on the hamb. Many rarely post anymore either because they have moved to another job or the internet was taken away from them BECAUSE the hamb was pulling them away from work. :)
    My time here is usually spent during lunch or after work hours.
    Every time I am at a computer to either check mail, shop, pay bills or whatever I always check to see what's happening here. I guess I am addicted.
    I cant believe Danny hasn't posted on this yet. :p I bet he doesn't think he's addicted.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  23. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

Does checking in 5 or 6 times a day make you addicted? I enjoy the hell out of this site!!

HOTRODPRIMER and Hnstray like this.
  24. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I'm not addicted but spend too much time here, would get more work done on my coupe without the HAMB. Well sounds like a good excuse anyway...

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  25. No HRP yet or 3wlarry, AMAZING

Jim636, HOTRODPRIMER, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  26. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

That freaking scary, are they ill?

27. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

There is no such thing as an unwrapped from a package and assembled car.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  28. I think they are talking about kit cars. We don't have a tendency to lend ourselves to glass bodied '34 sedans with say a TCI chassis . . .

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  29. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

PB... how and the heck did you post that on this thread? :) that's funny....

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  30. brady1929

brady1929

Paging 3wlarry or hrp to the white courtesy phone

3wLarry and HOTRODPRIMER like this.