Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pete Eastwood built 29' roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barillaro Speed Emporium, May 30, 2014.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Wicked work..love this car……

2. Thanks, it HAS to be on the road by fathers day!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. Thank You for the kind words Jeff. This car gets me fired up the more I work on it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  4. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Am looking foreward to new updates by the new year. Hope everything is ok and you and yours had a great Christmas Holiday and also a great New Year....................

5. I will look for it this year. When Vinny had it I always loved the car.

6. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

You might not recognize it in it's reincarnated form .

7. Philly if I follow this thread I'll bet I will have a good idea what it looks like NO?

8. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Fuzzy , that makes way to much sense . Was that a brain fart I had in the previous post ?

need louvers ? likes this.
  9. great progress, just out of curiosity, what would be the width of the rear diff? 56?, is the rear 'A' spring a narrow so-cal unit or modified original? Thanks in advance,
    Cheers,
    Drewfus

10. Hey Drewfus,
    The rear is a 58' station wagon rear that has been narrowed 3/8" on each side. It measures right around 56 1/2 or so axle flange to flange. The spring is an original stock A spring that is not reversed.
    Thanks, Jim

Drewfus likes this.
  11. Started building the exhaust system and decided I better stop until I had the driveshaft made. Went with a 2" od .120 wall for as much clearance as possible over the ladder bars.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  12. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I believe this will be a "Killer" car when finished. History always improves itself as time marches on.

volvobrynk likes this.
  13. Thank you for the compliment Lynn!

14. Finally moving forward on the exhaust.

Attached Files:

Cara Marie, volvobrynk and sota like this.
  15. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Glad you got back to work on this hot rod. This thread will be another learning curve for me so thanks again for the updates................

16. sota

sota

Looks good Jim!

17. Thanks Ed, ready for booth time!

18. sota

sota

When ever you are ready Jim.

19. Not to much happening on the roadster project right now. Got the steering arms bent on the round backs and got a mint pair of 40' brakes cleaned up. Waiting on the mufflers to come in so I can finish the exhaust. Between weather and getting a stomach bug last week progress has been kind of slow.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. Working on the drag link from an F1 box to round back spindles with the original hairpins. I know why everyone went to Vega cross steer now when running hair pins. Any advice from some guys that ran the F1 and F-100 boxes with hairpins back in the day? I would think this was pretty common in the 60's and 70's Era hot rods. I have yet to find a picture of this car showing the drag link. This car actually had an F100 box but I really don't like the pitman arm with the pinch bolt.

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. Finally set the body back on so I can figure out the body mounts and get the front sheet metal sorted out. Father's day is coming fast and I need to get busy!

Attached Files:

volvobrynk and sota like this.
  22. sota

sota

Looking good Jim!

23. Looking good!
    But that's the norm for you guys.

24. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Keep plugging away. June is just around the corner. Looks great.

25. A couple weeks ago you tossed out a question about pittman arm/drag link clearance. Here's a pic from my old Tardel built car and how he did it with the F100 box. Your top bar on the hairpin might still be too close, but this might help your brain figure something that will work..

cars & coffee 06a.jpg

volvobrynk likes this.
  26. Thanks for the photo. I have a pitman arm that I mocked up similar to yours but the Hairpins have less room than a split wishbone. I think I have figured out a good way to get it to work and still make it look decent.
    Nice looking car!

volvobrynk likes this.
  27. Had to roll the roadster out so I could change the oil in my boring old daily driver pickup. At least I get to stand back and actually see what it looks like in daylight again

Attached Files:

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. This is one KILLER hot rod for sure.....Love it

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. Thanks for the compliment!

30. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

The little roadster is starting to take shape and will be a nice hot rod from the past that has survived in good hands.