Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage phoenix New years day cruise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassersteve, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

This is gonna be a blast.

2. Now that we have made it to page 2 it is for sure to be a blast. Someone be sure to bring a camera before we take off this time, (chip), and a phone car charger for an android phone since I have 6v and don't have a working system to charge my phone.

3. jerry

jerry

Another reason for a 12v system!

jerry

gassersteve likes this.
  4. I survive. My phone can be off sometimes. I use the pandora on my phone for a radio so there is some noise other than my truck. Sometimes silence is not always golden.

5. The wife plans on attending. I bought her a camera for christmas. If no one has an open seat for her, she will follow in the escape. She can charge phones.

need louvers ? likes this.
  6. Hey Steve, I think you have to invite me to the event. Can't see it still. Haha, dang FB

7. Had the day off today, braved the crowds and headed over to MVD. The shoebox can legally be driven in AZ now. Won't miss this.

8. Send me a friend request on fb.

Forecast is in the 30's with possible snow in the evening for prescott.

9. mopacltd

mopacltd

I woke up to 24 degree's this morning here in Yarnell.

10. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

Even though I was able to take a nice 80 mile cruise in my 48 yesterday , it was certainly a rare thing here in Maine to do so on December 26th. I can't begin to tell you how much I envy you guys. Have a great ride .

11. I did already, Pete Sanchez, i think you accepted already though.

12. Nick since you know the route we are going..... should we schedule a stop along the northern part of the route for those not coming all the way to downtown phoenix to join in

13. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

We'll stop near Grand and Bell to gather up, Wickenburg somewhere, Yarnell to make sure everyone makes it up the hill ok, and then probably the Nowhere bar in Wilhoit. Up to Prescott from there, screw around for however long and then Iron Springs road down to Skull Valley, back to Yarnell, down the hill, Wickenburg and back home. Why don't we call a northwest meet up at that gas station near Bell and Grand, say an hour after the downtown time, and if anybody wants to join in at any other point, just call me and we'll figure it out, my cell is 602-620-6013.

If nobody cared I'd pull over at every yard sale, antique shop, and junk pile along the way. I may still surprise you guys and myself with interesting road side finds... I dunno. It's a cruise and I just plan on wasting the day and having fun.

14. Nick , Best bet for West Siders is the AutoZone store right in front of Lowe's before Bell, ..after Dysart. Left hand side.

15. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Are you coming along Mark?

16. There is a QT gas station on the north west corner of grand and mountain view blvd north of bell rd a little.

17. I 'm pretty sure but I'm having trouble finding someone that will ride along in the Lemans...no heater! It wouldn't bother me ..it's sealed up pretty tight. Might have to take the S10. (you know...those things we use the frames from here)

18. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

And that's the thing, how many guys besides Mark would meet up on that side.

19. Probably not many, but it's an easy in ,easy out deal at the AZ store..
    First check or catch up point maybe?

20. We are on Surprise, the QT works for us. I can fill up at that point to. What time should we be there?

21. Send me a message and I will give you my phone number. Call me in the morning around 8:30 and when we leave I can send out a mass text message to let future joiners know where we are.

22. I went past indian school rd yesterday on the way to sedona. Is the McDonald's on the east or West side of 17 off of central?

23. CalGasser

CalGasser

Cool to hear about this cruz! I'm in Prescott (process of moving from Calif.) until after the New Year - it's cold @ 18 degrees in the morning and avg. in the 30's during the days. I'd like to come and check out your rides when you hit Whiskey Row - what time do you estimate to be in town? I didn't bring any of my cars over but may see if some of the locals would cruise down to join the party. Sounds like this is gonna be a blast!

24. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I estimate we would be rolling to you guys about an hour after we leave the downtown town spot... let's say 10am. I was kind of pushing for a fuel place anyway... that way if anybody wants gas, coffee, needs air in tires, whatever... and QT should have all that. Few minutes to gather up and head outta there by 10:30, into Wickenburg for a last chance fill up, then on up the hill.

Again, any of you guys are welcome to call me... 602-620-6013.

Nick

25. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Jusy to clarify, the Old McDonald's is on Central Ave between Osborn and Indian School, on the east side of the road. Its between Macayos to the north and the light at Columbus to the south to narrow it down further.

26. Possibly can tag along 'way in the back with the late model -- depending, of course, on if I don't overdo it Wednesday night...:rolleyes:

27. And central ave is east of I 17

Calgasser, we have the chamber of Commerce parking lot reserved from 12 pm to 4 pm. We will be parking there once we get there. Compliments of The Bird Cage.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  28. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Think about putting on a couple extra socks and maybe some long-johns... we are looking at 20-30 degree weather with a 50% chance of snow once we're up the hill.

29. CalGasser

CalGasser

Just heard from a couple of people up here that snow's expected on Wednesday and Thursday... but of course all that can change.
    Thanks Steve, I'll see if there're any locals who'd be interested but if it's going to snow, that may not happen because most car guys here are retirees... :( But I'll be there.