Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36-taildragger.....Made in Sweden

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kenneth31coupe, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Sorry... I'll try to keep my fingers out of it. Carry on!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1417028689.804910.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Well. Kitchen is done and the house will be on hold for a while.During this year not working on the 36 I have studied it a lot from every angle.I´m not pleased with the crowning of the new roofinsert.From certain angles it looks too flat.What to do. Worked a little on it trying to raise the crown but it was to stiff so I decided to make a new insert.Now the crown is about 7/16" higher than before and it´s not looking flat anymore.Two steps back but I couldn´t let it go as it was. It´s hard to see the difference from pics but I´ll post some anyway.

Here it is before
    P1010975_800x600.JPG

After
    P1020024_800x600.JPG

Before
    P1010702_800x600.JPG

After
    P1020037_800x600.JPG

chryslerfan55 and Strittan like this.
  3. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Nice work man. It's the little details that set a car like yours apart from the rest. Excellent as always!

4. telekenfun

telekenfun

Kenneth, have you been holding out on us? What's with that other 3 window across the shop? It looks like it will need a roof too. I know how you have been feeling about your top, I didn't like the shape of mine, stared at it and contemplated the required adjustments it needed for more than a year while I was doing the shakedown cruises. Then just prior to prepping for paint I went for it, recut, reshaped, and rewelded. It hurts to have to redo previous work but far better than having to live with something you don't like. Doing things a second time or more seems to be standard procedure in this game. While I thought your top looked great before, the higher crown is definitely better.
    Now that you're back at it, pleases keep us posted.
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors,KB.
    PS, Merry Christmas to All.

5. Thanks Trev.

KB.Not holding anything out.It belongs to a friend and it will get the same treatment as mine.3" in front and 4" in rear.
    Yea it does hurt recut and reweld but it would have hurt much more if it was painted .Now is a good time to redo it, and now I know how to do it for the next one.

6. I can only imagine how nice the kitchen turned out! Awesome work as usual!

7. UNBELIEVEABLE :eek: I thought it was impossible to ever break an anvil, can't imagine what did it after
    how many yrs. of use ?? Your forge & anvil are definitely a "keeper".
    Oh, nice rides, shop, work. :cool:

8. Boben

Boben
    from Sweden
    1. HAMB Merc Club

Here comes a Lucia. [​IMG] Have a great christmas from south of Sweden ( Mange & Ullis) don't forget the Mercury IMG_0893.JPG y !!!

9. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

My oh my, that appeals to my Swedish heritage as well as just being a normal heterosexual male

;):cool::rolleyes::D:):p

10. Thank you.

Thanks lowcoe. I´m not gonna show it here but wife is happy and if she´s happy I´m happy.

Merry Kustom Christmas to you all. P1020060_800x600.JPG

Mange.
    You have to take care of your lady.She looks like she´s freezing her a.. off.

volvobrynk likes this.
  11. Looking great Kenneth. Glad to see her moving again. Doing things two or three times sucks but are sometimes the difference between good and great. Looking forward to seeing her done.
    Later Kipp.

12. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

Wow, a big transition in your shop since last year.
    Find it hard to move on from the coupe profile shots ........ very nice.
    Great to see your able to get back at it ......always look forward to your updates.
    Have a Happy New Year.

13. reefer

reefer

Kenneth I love your posts.They hit the spot for me, not just the cars but the whole set up...recently I've been selling off all my stuff and have got jaded with it all after forty plus years, but I feel the flicker of a flame restarting after seeing/ reading your story.Awsome work and eye for detail...please keep the updates coming, thanks.

14. Thanks Kipp.Yes it sucks but not doing it now would have sucked even more.

Thanks Ron.

Thank you .Glad you like it and get inspired.

15. Over the holidays I´ve been working on this other 36 coupe and now it´s all assembled again.Still have to weld everything and smothe it out.No need to go in to this chop any deeper since I have done it allready with my own and this is allmost a duplicate of that.It´s a really nice and solid car and it was hot rodded before with a forward rake but Lars ( who owns it ) lowerd the rear and is transfering it in to a fullblodded kustom and I think it´s cool another one is born. P1020006_800x600.JPG P1020116_800x600.JPG P1020117_800x600.JPG P1020121_800x600.JPG

16. AndersF

AndersF

Theese cars really look great when they are chopped, taildragging with fenderskirts.
    Cant wait to see your car finnished. Its gonna be a killer.

17. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Looking awesome dude. Love 36's!

18. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

I never tire looking at 36's ...... each ends up with it's unique personality.
    I love the way this one is headed .... very cool. The chop definitely makes it.

19. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

20. I do agree with you Anders.They are so sexy as taildraggers
    Thanks Trev.I do too

Me neither Ron.This one will be a killer when done I know the owner have some plans for the front end and I hope they come true.

Thanks Allen.

21. I´ts been awhile since last post from me but here´s some updates on the gold 36. I´m done with my job on it and now it will go back to Denmark where the owner have to finnish it up with paint and interior.Hope I can squeze in some work on my own now,at least a couple of nights a week. P1020155_1600x1200.JPG P1020156_1600x1200.JPG P1020157_1600x1200.JPG P1020163_1600x1200.JPG

22. farmer12

farmer12

Looking good! Impressive work as always!

23. Dick Stevens

Dick Stevens

Nice work on the coupe, and now hopefully you can get back to work on yours ;)

24. You are going to have to get back on her im gaining on you.:D

25. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

We are waiting for the topchop on Mange&Ullis Mercury.... tap,tap,tap,tap....

26. Thanks guys.
    Jock it´s coming to you in a near future.Have some minor rust issues to deal with before cutting the roof

27. P1020194_1600x1200.JPG P1020199_1600x1200.JPG P1020202_1600x1200.JPG Delivered the gold 36 saturday and sunday was dedicated to my own.Cut out the not so good roofpanel and installed the new one.Of course I run out of gas for the tig so I couldn´t finnish it up but it´s getting there.Get a better view of it now when the clecos are gone.

28. telekenfun

telekenfun

Nice job! The crown is perfect for your top. I'm impressed by the narrowness of the heat affected zone of your welds. Should make for simple hammer and dolly work to finish it off.
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

29. dlandberg

dlandberg
    from Sweden

Amazing work you are really talented and the look of car is great!