Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hot Rod Hauling Trailer Stole from my Shop

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racinman, Nov 18, 2014.

1. I was in Georgia yesterday and stopped at a QT and noticed a Featherlight 3 axle landscaping trailer that had a magnetic sign on the back door in a odd location,,I walked behind the trailer and lifted the sign expecting to see a route 66 sticker or a axe hole...the door was pristine.

Playing a detective is not my day job,,I was hoping I was going to be able to talk to the policeman that was there getting donuts. HRP

2. Back TTT for the Christmas time with alot of us traveling lets see if we can find these Punks!!

racinman likes this.
  3. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

The thought was there and that counts alot in my book..

racinman likes this.
  4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

BTTT for my Buddy Rick.

Please keep an eye out fellas

5. stimpy

stimpy

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm traveling to Kentucky the day after Christmas and will keep my eye open. Hope you get it back before that, however !

7. Rick,

Saw your post on FaceBook about the trailer. I'm on the lookout. A FeatherLite with three axles is easy to spot. I hate to say it, but because it's almost all aluminum, the Meth heads might've already scrapped it. I had a Q/C rear end and a bunch of aluminum racing wheels stolen. I know they ended up some body's nose or in their arm.

Dog_Patch and racinman like this.
  8. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

Still in the hunt... I have bought another enclosed trailer... and if the Stolen one shows up I will be more prepared than I was... thanks for all who has taken the time to be on the look and spread the word... did I say State fram ins
    sucks!

9. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

May I ask how SF sucks? I have SF coverage on my enclosed trailer. You can pm if you don't want it on the forum. Thanks

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Lots of inqujiring minds out here, I'm sure of that. What's the deal on SF Sux?

11. Rick ain't the only guy that's had trouble with State Farm's crazy business practices.

My experience with them was less than stellar. HRP

Last edited: Dec 26, 2014
  12. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

And an example of those crazy business practices would be? I have State Farm coverage on everything we own that's worth insuring, so if there's something I should be aware of, I'd like to be made aware of it.

13. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

If it helps any i know i heard on the local news here in West Palm Beach Florida about a month or so ago the cops busted some f#%kers with a stolen trailer and were considered to be suspects in other trailer thefts, and i think they were driving an Expedition i want to say they got caught on or near Florida State road 60 or Okeechobee county, Yeeha juncton maybe...
    Sorry if i cant exactly recall the entire news report, hope this helps somewhat.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. GTS225

GTS225

Another one here with State Farm. Please, do tell.

Roger

15. slack

slack

Yeah, tell on em. If it's negative I need to know now rather than to put up with a buncha crap later.

16. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

My one time neighbor had SF for 8 years and never had a claim. One day he got a letter saying they were cancelling his insurance. When he called to ask why they said " We know you haven't ever had a claim but the statistics show that after 8 years you are DUE for one , so for that reason we are not renewing your homeowners policy !" :eek: He went to our State Insurance Commission and they said they had the right to do that whenever they wanted for no reason at all, so he had to scramble to find new insurance.

So much for the Good Hands People ! :rolleyes::rolleyes: More like Good Handjob People !

Don

17. I don't want to turn Ricks thread into drama,I'll PM you guys.

18. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

^^^^Please add me to the pm list.

19. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

Me to please, Gary

20. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

BTTT

Let's still keep an eye out fellas and help my buddy Rick out.

21. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Up here in Motown I'm always looking at trailers that drive by or that I pass. I'm lookin...

State Farm, well kids I have em too. Your troubles are your agent. What they CAN do doesn't mean they MUST do. I've needed them 3 times in about 18 yrs. The best claims service EVER. My sweetheart was hit and totaled her F'bird. She wasn't seriously hurt, had some bumps and bruises for a week or 2. They kept her injury claim open for almost 2 months. We had a check and the buy back papers on the car in 3 days. Had a house issue last year with unusual ice damage. The claims adjuster got the info a week before she dragged her ass over but my agent was once again Johnny On The Spot. My bro-in-law changed to my agent. He saved a bunch of money and has had no complaints. He was already with S F and his prior agent was one of those who can't understand normal thinking. Just my experience with em...

22. chris' 38

chris' 38

Can't Understand Normal Thinking- does that stand for something?

23. Funny recent SF story... my sister and her husband were at their SF agent's office a few weeks ago and their usual agent was out, so a newer agent talked to them about an upgrade on their homeowner's policy.
    While he's at it, he's giving them the 3rd degree on what cars they own, what other coverage they might need... so my sister's husband gets a bit hot under the collar and the AGENT asks the guy if he wants to go outside and settle this like men... my sister had to step in between them. Needless to say, they left shortly thereafter.

24. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

In the next few weeks there are 3-4 events in the Nashville Tn area. I'll keep a watch and encourage others to do the same! Next time it may be you , or me.

25. Bump,lets stay on topic for Rick. HRP

26. vtx1800

vtx1800
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Regarding State Farm, I've had State Farm Insurance with the same agent for at least 30 years, had storm damage at least three times, a claim on the car a time or two, my agent is retiring at the end of this year, hope the new agent is as good. I am a happy customer.

27. Home Owners with USAA. Best, no questions asked. Never heard a complaint about them.

Hail damage on the house and shop roofs a couple of years ago. $15K paid to replace two 15-20 year old roofs.

28. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Uh, I thought this thread was about a stolen trailer with a '57 Chevy in it.
    Go figure.
    KK

nelson845 likes this.
  29. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Still is. The OP mentioned he got "shorted" by State Farm on the trailer settlement. Some of were interested in exactly HOW that happened. It's turned into folks telling about their life issues with insurer's. We still don't know what the OP meant by his remarks. Hope he finds his stuff.

30. AND...................We're still on the look out for the trailer.