Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage phoenix New years day cruise

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gassersteve, Nov 30, 2014.

1. In tradition of driving our hot rods rather than sitting in a parking lot cluttered with lawn chairs, it is my honor to present to you the 2nd annual New Years Day cruise. Now for those who did not torment your liver last year you remember that we ended up at Tortilla Flat after a stop at Goldfield Ghost town. Well this year my plan, with the help of a few others, I.e. Chip and Nick, is to tackle the back route to Prescott through Wickenberg, Yarnell, and whatever little towns I forgotten.

We will meet up at the old McDonald's on Central Ave south of Indian School rd at 8 a.m. and leave by 9 a.m. Besides you can save your drinking for Prescotts Whiskey Row.

Looking forward to having a great time once again.

2. mopacltd

mopacltd

Now this will make me work harder to get the Model A road worthy

3. That sounds like a great way to spend New Years Day....my wife and I will be there....

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Then join us by all means please! We'll be going through some of the West's most historic and beautiful roads on that day, and most that most folks don't see these days. Prescott itself is like a jewel, too. I can't wait!!!

5. I am in talks with the manager of The Bird Cage bar on whiskey row to see if we can get some reserved parking once we get to Prescott.

6. jerry

jerry

I'll be sure to leave my tow strap at home!

jerry

7. desertdroog

desertdroog

Wish I had a car to go do this. Anytime one can get out of the city and cruise an old car, is time well spent.

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You could easilyn have that Plymouth up enough to go! You have three weeks...

9. Bring your daily driver. It's about having fun.

10. desertdroog

desertdroog

Plymouth is untouchable until my A is on the road.

11. This year the planned stop will be at The Burro Saloon in Nowhere, AZ. I am in contact with them and trying to reserve the spot for us. The owner of The Bird Cage in Prescott is attempting to get some reserved parking for us as well. Updates to follow.

12. yruhot

yruhot

Sounds like a great day.yruhot

13. mopacltd

mopacltd

Yarnell would be a better stop than the Burro Inn in Wilhoit.

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

It would be, but I and others involved on this have been hearing really bad things about the Rabch House restaurant that we have all been going to for years. It seems it has changed hands and is now to be avoided. Too bad, 'cause that place was one of my favorite road house kinda joints in the state.

15. Just curious how many cars are planning to go?.

16. mopacltd

mopacltd

I don't think I will have my Model A back on all fours in time.

17. I think there may be 15+ cars, trucks, motorcycles maybe. Last year we had 17 vehicles in the end at Tortilla Flat.

18. I'm finally back in Arizona after moving to Colorado for almost 5 years. Have not had the chance to go cruising yet, my wife and I are planning on making this trip. Hope to see you all there.

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT!!!

gassersteve likes this.
  20. Gassersteve - what page is that on FB? shows i have no access or link is broken.

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Check out Steve Gutman's on Face book. he posts about as much as your average teenage girl, but it's there!

gassersteve likes this.
  22. Weird - I must have to be his friend on FB to see it. Still shows broken link or unauthorized. Either way, looking forward to the drive - gonna be cold - I still only have a plexiglass windshield and backlight with no side windows.

23. Send a request and I will accept. Sorry for the problems.

I got word today that there will be at least 30 reserved parking spots at the Chamber of Commerce building from 12 - 4 pm and probably a little longer since it will be the end of the day and they are closed.

Whiskey Row......... we are coming!!!

24. Steve Gutmans of Glendale? Friend request sent

25. The one and only, but now in phoenix

26. I have been talking to chip. Im in. I just need a seat or two. The rod is back in Indiana!

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Trust me, there is only one of him... Any more would tax the world beyond belief.

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I'll know today, Keith.