Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 3x2 SB fuel injection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by birds4ever, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Ol Six Shooter

Ol Six Shooter

Wow, I'm glad I stumbled across this. I've been trying to find a similar setup for an old Buick. I was thinking I would have to go with a carb intake like one from Taper, and then have to make adapter plates and rig up the lines and linkages to the trottle bodies myself. I wonder if one of these guys could or have built a 3x2 EFI setup for Buicks...

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I cannot believe that this blasphemy is still a running thread!

I am building a EFI turbo system for my Falcon daily driver. Electronic spark control, knock sensor, wide-band O2, and everything.

With today's variable fuel quality and blends, I'm getting tired of seasonal and altitude jetting.

I am waiting on a sonic check to see of there is enough meat in the short runners into the head to take a screw-in injector boss, or if I'm going to have to braze.

I have a spare head, so I will investigate the prospect of milling off the entire integral intake manifold.

3. gimpy. . .

You would not be the first to mill the intake off of one of those heads. if it were mine and I was going to go high tech with it that would be my first option. While you're in there a little port cleanup may also be in order. ;)

I am not a big fan of EFI just because I am not, at least not as far as a traditional ride is concerned. But if someone is then they should go all out with it. Like gimpy . . . suggests here with his little project.

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  4. '51 Norm

'51 Norm
    from colorado

nukeman,
    That is the kind of thing that I am thinking about doing with the tri power that I have. I have the same concerns that joey7508 has though. Of course on a Pontiac intake if there was ever a fuel leak at least it wouldn't fill up the oil pan.

5. larry k

larry k

I guess I just don't understand ????????? Anymore !

gimpyshotrods likes this.
  6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That's okay. It happens to a lot of older folks.;-)

7. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can get E0 heads for $60, so I don't mind having at one, and seeing how far it can go.

8. Ol Six Shooter

Ol Six Shooter

Just got off the phone with a representative from Borla. Super helpful and knowledgeable. He was able to answer my questions, and help me find more than one possibility for my Buick. I would definitely recommend to give them a ring if you're trying to find something.