Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Hard Chop 1932 5 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rexrogers, Sep 3, 2014.

1. JimSibley

JimSibley

How are you going to paint it? Here's my 6 inch chop. Looks kinda sissy compared to yours. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413427608.440420.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

kiwijeff likes this.
  2. rideordie

rideordie
    from Oregon

So badass nice work man!

3. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

Roll pan looks great Rex!

4. rexrogers

rexrogers

The roll pan might get some louvers not shure yet, still needs some metal finishing.
    I am getting a little side tracked on it with flaring lighting holes. We are leaving the wood out of this car, i still need to do a lot of fnish work so forgive the mess right now.

5. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Doing an awesome job Rex

6. rexrogers

rexrogers

1102141745 (1).jpg 1102141744b.jpg 1102141744a.jpg 1102141739.jpg I am still working on getting a hang on loading photos.
    I am working on it i know the photos are upside down i do better with a hammer than a camera

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  7. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Love it. Great work

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. brady1929

brady1929

9. rexrogers

rexrogers

making some headway on the coupe tired of flaring now.

1123141805.jpg 1123141806.jpg 1123141807f.jpg 1123141808.jpg 1123141808a.jpg 1123141809.jpg

Attached Files:

10. rexrogers

rexrogers

Working on getting a fuel tank made.

Attached Files:

laidout53 likes this.
  11. Dirty2

Dirty2

Beautiful !!

12. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Beautiful metal work. That roll pan is a work of art.

13. Awesome work, that tank looks bitchin'!!

14. brady1929

brady1929

15. Looks GREAT boss. Dig the louvers and the under pans. NICE work.

16. alchemy

alchemy

I've never seen a quilted gas tank before. Build another one, put them on the other side of the bulkhead, and they could be the backs of the seats. Kill two birds with one stone. Would fit right in with the bare bones racer theme.

17. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Great job on the fuel tank.. Your work on the 32 has helped me decide to do a harder chop on my next A coupe...

kiwijeff likes this.

18. The car pictured here is a prime candidate for a lesson on proportions

19. verde742

verde742

never thought I would say this "now, here's one that needs a glue in windshield, with no frame."

20. Nice metal work!:cool:

21. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

In my opinion you took a nice car and made it useless.... To each his own....
    I suspect that the next trend in hot rods will be un-chopping and un-bagging.

22. Well I have been hammered in my time but I don't believe I have ever been as hammered as that coupe.

I'll bet it doesn't pass the dollar bill test unless you lay the bill in its side. ;)

23. Blue One - I like the car in this thread. This car has the look. This is it right here. High boy done MEAN. If he sits low enough he'll have nuthing but fun.

[​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  24. bone31

bone31
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from oregon

very nice chop, never enough

kiwijeff likes this.
  25. He will be able to see fine - Lighten up Francis

26. image.jpg

I'm telling you, all the greatest visually pleasing proportions on anything and everything including hot rods are based off the golden ratio or the Fibonacci sequence . It's been studied for thousands of years. It is what it is & It's fun to play with.
    --------------

Larry, take a pill if you need to.
    But since he's not building this for you what does it matter? Man I hope that quick change gets there soon. :)
    Nothing stopping you from building your own 32 the way you want or the way you think it should be. Hell I bet you can even buy this one when Rex is done.
    This one doesn't follow the formula does it? It's different, it's cool, I like to look at it but I wouldn't like to own it. The metal work is inspiring, there's a lot of cool stuff here. Sometimes less is more for sure, sometimes over the top isn't enough.

Diesel627 and loudbang like this.
  27. 31Vic,
    I have to agree with Blue One on the site thing, but being realist not being able to see starts happening long before the chop on this particular car ever starts.

There are things that I like about the car and things that I don't. For me it is that way with all cars even most of them that I build for myself. I really don't have a problem with the chop from a visual standpoint, I do think that it could use a mild sectioning proportion wise but on some cars out of proportion gives them a certain appeal. Anyway like it or not it is an attention getter.

I think for me at least it comes down to does what I don't like and what I do balance out. Obviously it is always preferable that the things that one does like outweigh the ones that one doesn't. ;)

28. No question beanno, driver vision is impaired. It's no longer a legal street car. See where it goes, what it does. It needs to MPH on the track or salt like it looks. Chopped like that to go faster than it did before.

29. See! Who needs to see? It's a F------ Hot Rod. It looks cool and being uncomfortable is all part of it. Being practicable is for the old guy in the Buick! Chop that sucker. And anyway it is his, so if he is happy, so be it. I don't see you guys complaining about some stupid looking RAT ROD. Man I should not have had that second cup of coffee. Oh, Have a Merry Christmas!

30. I don't think that street legal comes into account much on the fair grounds. :D In the past it has been taken into account on the salt though. Tell you what it would make is a fuel coupe, make a cool fuel coupe.

The car is OK, not a 'beaner car but it doesn't have to be, does it. ;)

volvobrynk likes this.