Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Forgotten Treasure Trove of Sixty Cars Worth Millions Found Untouched After 50-Years

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T-Head, Dec 5, 2014.

1. T-Head

T-Head
    from Paradise.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  2. 1low52

1low52

WOW! Just amazing to see. I wonder how many Leno will buy?

3. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

That white car in the first pic. would look great draggin tail! what is it????????

4. birdman1

birdman1

call the scrap-yardLOL!

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Reminds me of the Bugatti collection from years ago, think they were featured in Automobile Quarterly. Bob

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

wow... great video. they should have sent a couple photographers out there and make a big picture book out of it.

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

Go to The Old Motor and view the vedio, what a great collection of cars, several future Pebble Beach winners in there . Bob

8. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

9. Long way from pebble beach.
    There's enough work there to keep 5 of the highest skilled craftsman busy for 10 years, probably 20 years.

VintageConcepts likes this.
  10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

AMAZING. And really sad that so many great cars were stored like logs in sheds. IMHO, the family members, or anyone who knew about or worked around these cars (even the guy who mowed the grass!) should be ashamed for not telling someone about them years ago and let them get to their deplorable conditon. Gary

clem, kiwijeff and seatex like this.
  11. jimdillon

jimdillon

David, looks pretty cool. I imagine some of the cars may be a stretch but others due to their nameplate will be brought back to life and will see a revived fancy debut here and there. The style of building looks a tad familiar to me. Jim

12. oldpl8s

oldpl8s

This is the first car I have ever seen with a corner window in the A pillar. OK, all you chop jockeys, try that one!
    car.jpg

13. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

Dam how depressing looking at such a collection and never doing anything with it what was the owner thinking?

14. He was probably like all of us,he kept buying and intended to build or restore these cars and then one day he realized he was ether too old to do the work or his health took a nose dive.

He did save them for someone else. HRP

No Time, Hnstray and kiwijeff like this.
  15. seatex

seatex

What are you trying to say, HRP? Having a "garage sale"?:D:D:D

16. Un@#$%believable!!!!! All I can say is I'm glad they're over there and not old Fords. BTW: how can I send that link via email?

17. Saved them?
    He Sold off 1/2 and let the second half rot. His business to do so.
    But he could have sold off another 53 of them, kept restored and enjoyed 1 for each day of the week AND built a decent building to S A V E them.

I guess it could be fun to ask the wrecker driver if he has any grey poupon on the way to the junk yard.

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Dang guys I have seen some of you save worst stuff than these.

wingnutz likes this.
  19. chrisp

chrisp

It's a Panhard Dynamic 1936-39 6 cylinder valve sleeve engine and it's a coupe, if it's a short wheel base (which apears to be by the lack of a 1/4 glass but could be an early long wheel base coupe) it will be the second one known to exist, talk about rare and pricey. Chopping it would like chopping a Tucker... a big no no.
    Only 2500 of those cars built in 9 different body styles.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
    skywolf likes this.
  20. Maverick Daddy

Maverick Daddy

ANYONE CAN RESTORE A CAR, IT TAKES A REAL MAN TO CUT ONE UP...............

clem, kiwijeff and saltflats like this.
  21. 296ardun

296ardun

I do hope that as many as possible get auctioned and restored, though some look like they may be beyond saving...sad that they sat exposed for so long.

22. I don't think anything in that collection is worse than some of the amazing work I have witnessed on the HAMB.
    I would like to see those photos turned into a calendar.

clem and kiwijeff like this.
  23. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Unbelievable, what a collection. Any car aficionado would be impressed, I saw Ferrari, Porsche and Maserati there as well. At least they will be saved. How has been looking after the property all this time? Sad to see them in that condition but at least they will be given a second chance at life and hopefully be around a lot longer than me preserved for future generations.
    That Panhard bears a striking resemblance in some way to similar year Hupmobiles with that wrap around front windscreen.

24. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Man, it would be cool to stroll through that pile. At least they weren't recycled.

25. Beautiful collection and nice film.
    Call me crazy but I prefer the cars in the state as they are now, all together in this forgotten place. It has so much history and makes you wonder what story these cars would have to tell.

When they will be auctioned off, many of them will become speculation objects of the high-end classic car market, overrestored to the last bolt and end as the toy of some super rich dude - not my world at all.

26. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

[​IMG]
    All these darn manuals and I still dont know how to fix it.:mad:

27. Wow, and damn at the same time.

28. Road Runner

Road Runner

Some ambitious producers at the History or Speed Channel should start another reality show on this find, covering everything from past history to auctions, restoration/hot rodding to successful high $$ sales and the non-camera shy happy final owners.
    Call it: French connection
    I'd watch every episode.
    Just too bad that European prewar cars don't have a large enough target audience over here and its never gonna happen.

29. flthd31

flthd31

Fascinatingly haunting how even the epitome of regal can be reduced to nothing over time.

30. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

It is kinda neat seeing them this way. Maybe if we sent over a pallet of Eastwood patina preservative and they could fog the whole place with it.