Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My New Project: 1956 Cadillac Sedan Deville Resurrection Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by chstitans42, Sep 26, 2013.

1. chstitans42

chstitans42

I got it off of ebay from a seller named caddy reproductions, or something like that. All of the auctions that they post have read backgrounds in the pictures

I would totally appreciate that!!

2. chstitans42

chstitans42

3. txturbo

txturbo

did you try them on the block? Looks like they just slip on the outside of the bosses instead of in between.

4. chstitans42

chstitans42

I didn't mainly because I do not have the block to try them on! There is more than a quarter inch difference, I would be amazed if they did fit... but hey stranger things have happened

5. chstitans42

chstitans42

6. txturbo

txturbo

That's about the thickness of the bosses on the block so its possible. Even if it does fit, there is the issue with how they are positioned on the block. The drivers side is different from the passenger side because the hole on the frame is offset further back on the passenger side if I remember correctly. The mounts themselves are the same with the stud offset, you just flip one mount 180 degrees for the opposite side.

7. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Dude I just saw this thread and watched all your videos on this caddie you've posted.

Man that's same sweet stuff going on there. Really like what you've done. Hope that motor comes in with in this month so you can get that thing on the road.

I myself with a friend just bought a 58 caddie and am working on getting it on the road. Was setting for 10 yrs +.
    Watching your video's really makes me want to get my going.

Keep up the good work man.

8. chstitans42

chstitans42

9. chstitans42

chstitans42

I am glad you are enjoying them! I hope that yes soon it will be on the road. I can't wait!

10. chstitans42

chstitans42

11. chstitans42

chstitans42

12. chstitans42

chstitans42

13. chstitans42

chstitans42

14. froghawk

froghawk

Congrats on finally getting the engine back! Looks beautiful painted up with the valve cover!

The steering wheel came out pretty good! I can see how one would need to be into "The Zen of Tedium" (as one of my model-building mentors used to say) to do a perfect job. What was the epoxy product you used to fill the cracks?

Looking forward to more progress!

15. Looks like you're missing a head bolt in the video.. Glad you got it back.

16. Fantastic you FINALLY got that engine back. Can't wait to hear it roar with that 4x2 intake!!

17. chstitans42

chstitans42

That missing head bolt was left out on purpose so that the oil filter bracket can be installed later

18. Hey, maybe be we can both get our cars running at the same time.lol.Bruce.

19. Great Build Thread! Inspiration to get me moving on my '59 Cadillac and back to my Model A with the '54 331 with one of those fancy dual quad set-ups like yours. Bravo!

20. chstitans42

chstitans42

When are you planning on yours? I know mine will be Feb sometime.

Im am glad you are enjoying it! Any pics of your dualcarb setup?

21. I think you have the wrong Bruce and station wagon.Mines just a 2 barrel .lol.Bruce.

22. chstitans42

chstitans42

Here are some sneak peek pics for you guys!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dan Hay likes this.
  23. Damn but that Cadillac blue paint looks good with the gold valve covers and white lettering!

24. chstitans42

chstitans42

25. chstitans42

chstitans42

Hey guys, I am needing a little information on the dual carb set up I have on my 1956 Cadillac, especially with the dual choke system. As you can see in the picture below, there is a tube that runs from one choke housing to the other.

[​IMG]

That tube is missing from the carbs that I have. What I am wondering is how do the chokes operate? I am used to heated ones, and cannot see on the above pic how those cold possibly get enough heat without the end of the tube connecting to something. Is there a piece missing that connects to the exhaust manifold somewhere? I am assuming that this part is super hard to find, and I should go about figuring out a way to fab up one of my own. Any help would be appreciated!

26. I'm definitely no expert, but it seems a "tee" block in the center of that line should then also connect down to the heat chamber on the passenger-side exhaust manifold.

27. chstitans42

chstitans42

Does anyone have a pic of that? I cannot seem to find a pic anywhere of what it should look like etc.

28. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

just buy 2 elect. chock elements and save yourself alot of trouble

29. chstitans42

chstitans42

30. cowboyinachair

cowboyinachair
    from colorado

the elect. would be a lot cheaper then that