Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features 33-34 Ford coupe bodies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ss34coupe, Nov 5, 2007.

1. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

photo 3.JPG Another pic of the 5 window that arrived a couple of weeks ago...a good original car that has me thinking about how the build should go - I'm thinking keep it as original as possible with a hopped up flathead, dropped axle, hydraulic brakes, big and little tires on steel wheels..

hotrodderhaag likes this.
  2. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

im still lost as to how guys afford these cars!! ive looked at sooo many for sale if every body configuration... It makes it very difficult for one to be able to own a car like this when you see shells going for 18-20 grand..... someday............

3. Uptown83

Uptown83

Buy the ones in "bad condition" and fix them :)

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

High Demand + Low Supply = $$$$$$
    FG is an option for some but not many on the HAMB.
    My Avatar is glass and I loved it but am looking for a real one now.
    Don't give up!

5. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Pewsplace - I agree it is all about supply and demand, just like any other collectible item. By my count we are now up to 90 coupe bodies displayed in this thread - all in an unrestored condition.
    So they are out there, and no doubt many more are to be discovered. Guys and gals, keep looking, and like Pewsplace says "don't give up!".

6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I started cutting my lid a few weeks ago. I changed directions slightly but mostly it's still the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thommoina33 and timwhit like this.
  7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I love this thing!!!

8. cheepsk8

cheepsk8
    from west ky

I agree with the supply vs demand on so many levels. I am also reasonably sure that there is way more than 90 more steel cars out there to be had. Sure they are too high when a shell goes for 20g. Options aren't limited only to finding a coupe. There are no less than two 4 dr to coupe conversion threads going right now that I look at every time they refresh. I have seen some great talents at work on this site. Mine is an easy fix, I'm just prone to get lazy from time to time. Nice ride Jeffrey James!

9. Steve..really. You"re not goin to build that thing are you. Don't you need a cabrio?

10. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

These posts are awesome you guys have seen all my 34's for sale and the junk I drag home every now and again you get lucky! This is what my car looked like when I brought it home and I just sold it last week here on the HAMB Guess I need to change my avatar and I am starting with a new project and Im going to post the new thread tonight!! Finally a 3 winda build starting with a good set of doors and a set of Don Smart quarters I just got off the HAMB and a 33 Grill I just got off the HAMB anyways heres a few pics of some of my treasures!! Check out the 2 dr GET IT OFF MY PROPERTY THE GUY SAYS!! GLADLY LOL!!!And a pic of the barn find 34 3 winda!! I know some of you remember it!!

Attached Files:

11. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Jeffrey - really cool three window! Would like to see more about how this one came together. That chop is perfect!

Tim - I've got to hang onto this one - always liked the unchopped 34 five window body style. Keep lookin' man, you will find a coupe! Took me five years to find my first one, and I have been at this a long time. Started collecting 34 Ford parts in 1988 and am still at it. The garage is full again so time to finish the channeled 33 five window so I at least have something to drive. Steve

12. Steve: Have fun man!!! What about the car in your avatar...is it a driver? It looks really cool. Love to see more about it or have I missed a thread about it?

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Tim - the coupe in the avatar went to a new owner this past summer. It is not a driver, has no motor or trans. It went to a good home and I was bent on not getting anymore cars - then this 34 five window came along and was too good to pass up. Got to focus on my channeled 33 five window though, that project has been delayed too many times with the "new project" - you know how it goes.Yes, there was a thread on the blue coupe - showing how it was pulled out of a barn near my town, cleaned up and put together as a roller.

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Damn ss34coupe I loved that blue one but you can't keep them all!!!! Hey I posted that pic of your 5w on my instagram ( hope you don't mind) because I was awestruck over it. Click on my link below to see all the nice things people said.

Side note, how is it sitting that low? No spring?????

15. @JeffreyJames looks like the frame is sitting right on the axle.

16. Here is my old 33 coupe I bought off Ebay years ago for around 1800.00 shoulda kept it but I sold it to get eventually get my roadster

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This poor coupe I bought last year but realized that I don't have the tallent to put it together so I sold it.

[​IMG]

17. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Yes, you guys are right, there is no rear spring - the frame is sitting right on the rear axle. That is how it was transported and seemed to work ok for that purpose. I basically bought the body and frame with a decent hood and grill. Came with all the garnish moldings - and the stock rear axle and trans - can't forget that! These pics show how the body on this car has never been touched, and that is the main reason I bought it - to build a flathead powered hot rod using mainly stock chassis components. photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

19. Wow, take it off my property! Floor looks good too.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

@ss34coupe Figure out how to get that thing to sit like that with a spring! It rules!

21. WillysRule

WillysRule
    from Central FL

How on earth would you go about putting that back together? I know there are people that can do it, but that just looks overwhelming. How would you get some kind of reference point to start? With so many panels bent and out of square, it seems like it would be almost impossible to find a starting point.

22. 34ford5w

34ford5w
    from Colorado

Start with a good frame and a good floor and sub rails and start putting them together once you've done one the next is easy lol! Yeah right these cars have a lot of curves and getting the door gaps are the hardest bit man when they're done man who doesn't love a model 40!!!!

ff1930 and WillysRule like this.
  23. Cowtown Speed Shop

Cowtown Speed Shop
    from KC

Jeff,
    That looks Real good!.....A major improvement IMO.....

24. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

25. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

You have the right direction going in this photo. Where did the Deuce Tub go?

26. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

To Mel aka Dirtiest Devil. He has it on an original frame with a bunch of goodies if anyone is interested. He'll cut it loose.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. @ss34coupe I tried sending you a PM but it says I cannot send you a PM due to privacy settings?

28. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Where can a subfloor and floor be bought? Is anybody making them?

29. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Anybody still make the subrails? I would be happy just to get those and make up the floor panels. Don't think Steve's Autorestoration in Portland is still offering the subrails - they did make very good ones. Anyone else out there still manufacture 33-34 Ford subrails?

30. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

I am thinking a '34 roadster to many is a better choice.

timwhit likes this.