Register now to get rid of these ads!

TJJ: Vintage Trailers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Django, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

That's the perfect trailer to tow behind that truck !

2. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

We picked up a little 59 Shasta towards the end of this past Summer… very good shape, very little water damage, but the usual bumps and dings…. I never really got to it this year. but pulled off the eyebrows and gave them a quick buff n rub.. came out mint.The interior is 100% correct and has never been messed with… a few floor tiles are gone.. but thats it.The chassis is excellent and no rot.I found out I am the 3rd owner since 59. which is very cool….I plan a re-paint and fix the dings in the spring…. I was quite surprised when all electrical and brakes worked when picking it up.Just needs some good ole elbow grease and attention.Plans are to haul it behind my 57 Ford….

IMG_0977.jpg IMG_0979.jpg IMG_0982.jpg IMG_0978.jpg IMG_0976.jpg IMG_0975.jpg IMG_0966.jpg IMG_1012.jpg IMG_0985.jpg IMG_0986.jpg IMG_1041.jpg IMG_0987.jpg IMG_0982.jpg IMG_0989.jpg IMG_0983.jpg

3. doinbad

doinbad
    from celina tn

[​IMG][​IMG]
    i love the old campers here is mine and my j and camping with the fam its a homemade built in 1943

henry's57bbwagon likes this.
  4. DAM! Jeff ya done good on this score...I like it.

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  5. Damn! That's in great shape. Hard to find them like that anymore. Congrats!

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  6. Yes sir,Jeff's is a cream puff compared to my old '56 Shasta...I've started taking it apart but I got a long way to go. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Wow, talk about a great find! Color me jealous. Gary

8. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

My ex-boss just picked up this '58 Shasta for a grand; looks all original inside. A few dings (especially the fins :() and a little water damage below the rear window but otherwise decent:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jeff Norwell likes this.
  9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Geez, I want a small Shasta style trailer SO bad but I've no place to store it. But it's nice to know there are some good quality, yet fairly low-buck ones still for sale if and when my vintage RV experience happens. Gary

10. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

You guys really have some nice trailers . After my Shoebox is "done" (it'll never really be done) , I'm going to start saving my sheckles for a small old camper - most likely a teardrop - to tow behind it . Until then , I'll just keep dreamin' !

11. I know what you mean Allen,I have one and I'm still dreaming.:rolleyes: HRP

12. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

LOL :D !!

13. Tatorboy

Tatorboy

Vintage Cars, Campers & Swap Meet....... Not that kind of swap meet Pappy!
    [​IMG]

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member