Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Pete Eastwood built 29' roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Barillaro Speed Emporium, May 30, 2014.

1. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

EXHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. On the way back from The Race of Gentleman!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

volvobrynk, Outback and kiwijeff like this.
  3. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

ALL RITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you had a good time. Now about that roadster.........................

4. Well, I finally brought the Pwood car to the shop so I can get serious on the fab work. The chassis needs a few things done to it and I need to mount an engine & trans. I also figured out that all of the hood and side mounting tabs can be made by the clear impression on that wore the inside of the aluminum. I am going to put round backs and 40' ford brakes back on the car. My plan is to put the car back as close as I can to the original build and I have decided that I will put a SBC, Lakewood scattershield, and a Muncie in the car as it was. Anyone that knows me, knows I am a hardcore Ford guy but history is history. When I talked to Pete he said his plan was for the car to be painted Black so that makes color choice easy. Time to move forward.

Attached Files:

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

pay shun lee whey ting

kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  6. I found these on the Calroadsters website from when Vince owned the car.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71, volvobrynk and HEMI32 like this.
  7. sota

sota

Sounds like a good plan to me

8. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Awaiting your next post. Hope everything is going OK......................................

9. Well, I sold my 78B roadster so I can really get focused on the Eastwood car. I picked up an old corvette 327 and going to get a Muncie 4 speed this week. Hopefully I can start making progress this winter and try to hammer this car together for LARS 2015'. This is kind of a hard pill to swallow considering this is the first Chevy engine I have ever owned in my life!

Attached Files:

volvobrynk, kiwijeff and HEMI32 like this.
  10. sota

sota

Looks good Jim.!

11. Thanks Ed, we set the engine down in it last night and it looks like a perfect fit! Time to get going so this thing can get some booth time next year.

12. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

Thanks for all the updates and I like your plans for the car. No doubt the Chevy Engine gods are smiling down on you........................

13. Engine and trans mock up under way

Attached Files:

volvobrynk and HEMI32 like this.
  14. Sweet choice of future exterior coloring......and of course the sbc will get it on the road fastest.....but don't let your Ford heart skip any beats......find any stroked high compression small blocks....yank that sum bitch out o' there !! :) jk I have a few SBC's here and there too.

Looks good. When it's black it will look good'er......

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. sota

sota

Looking good Jim

16. Had to bring the roadster home from the shop Saturday because the shop is full of paying work. Worked Saturday night and all day today and got some work done. Mounted the engine and pulled the body so I could finish the trans crossmember and do some chassis work. I may do a Pete & Jakes drop down style crossmember for the ladder bars for some extra driveshaft and exhaust room. Need to order some parts and keep the ball rolling.

Attached Files:

Cara Marie, volvobrynk and HEMI32 like this.
  17. sota

sota

Looks to me booth time for the body is coming up !

18. Decided to use a Pete & Jakes drop down center crossmember due get some driveshaft room. Ordered all the material to start the exhaust system so I am trying to get the chassis finished up. Ran out of argon for the TIG so I'm done for the night.

Attached Files:

19. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Coming along nicely!

20. Thanks Lynn,
    Got the Argon bottle filled up so progress will resume. Trying to get as much done as I can before we get fully into the holidays!

21. sota

sota

Very nice Jim . your moving right along with this project!

22. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

It took a while for me to get my oxygen replenished also. Man you are moving right along and I like the dropped down cross member as that is what is on my car and you will have more room for exhaust and etc. After I had my car a year or so I changed the single resivor master cylinder to a dual. If you decide to do that Pete&Jakes has everything you need. Everything looks good......................

23. Thanks, the single pot master is just junk I had laying around. I will probably use a dual reservoir master. Got the argon bottle filled so progress should start back soon.

24. sota

sota

Jim and his brother Mike took some time out yesterday from their own projects to come and help me bleed the brakes and set the body on my new 32 roadster project. I can't think them both enough for their help!

25. Any time Ed! Can't wait to see you and mutt pulling into the shop in the 32'!

26. I got most of the crossmember work done on the chassis and decided I should order the Hurst Shifter and mock up for exhaust before I finish the tubes that go down to grab the transmission crossmember. Shifter came in today so I thought I would take 30 minutes and bolt it on. Had no idea the shifter was mounted so low on the plate and the 1-2 and reverse linkage rods are all over my trans crossmember. So now I have to get that figured out so I can start to mock up exhaust. Also had to modify the header to clear the bottom of the steering box and trying to decide how to lay out the drag link to clear hairpins. Quite a bit of stuff going on in tight quarters but once all these issues are taken care of I should be able to move forward with exhaust. Went ahead and put the wheels back on the chassis and set it on the ground for some inspiration.

Attached Files:

Cara Marie, volvobrynk and HEMI32 like this.
  27. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

It's very good to have good friends to help on a project. Larry Bell of Salisbury N.C. has helped me a lot on my coupe and it has increased our friendship over the years. There is nothing like these hot rods and the community of friends. Just keep on keeping on and thanks for sharing the updates.............

volvobrynk likes this.
  28. Finished modifying the headers and raised the shifter bracket up. Put body on to see how much it will take to clear the lever.

Attached Files:

29. sota

sota

Nice work as always Jim!

30. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Very nice and should be on the road for Father's Day?