Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36 ford custom build (MISS SCARLET)

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by kippers 34, Jul 5, 2013.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Will be fixed next time the app updates.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

bengeltiger and daddio211 like this.
  2. Man you are fast! Cool!

3. Hope it helps Nate out. We don't want to loose him!

4. I had the same problem and had to reinstall every picture. Hopefully everyone who's threads that were affected can be repaired. Good luck Nate and averyone else affected.
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

5. I'll try and get by this next week, I will bring Jeff we have an order for another yellow cart.

6. I will be there all day today sanding. Stop by if you are out.

7. daddio211

daddio211

Love seeing the progress!

8. Thanks Eric. You'll have to stop by next time you're in town.

daddio211 likes this.
  9. Yesterday I took the overdrive to Brian so he can work on it when he gets time. Then I went to the shop to sand on the body. Milkweed and Steve showed up. A little help sanding is really nice to get. Thanks guys. The weather is quite warm for this time of year so we pushed her out into the sun to work.

After blocking she wasent quite ready so another coat was in order (hopefully only one more) so today I will finish up sanding and spray one more coat.

firepilot and daddio211 like this.
  10. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

"I want to ride that pinto pony!"o_O

11. tbcworks.com

tbcworks.com
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice build up, thanks for the inspiration! Tim

12. lol.
    Thanks Tim.

13. Yesterday Milkweed and I finished sanding the body and then I removed the rear fenders again for the millionth time. Then I reprimed her for the last time. Hopefully we got all the tiny little flaws this time. With another guide coat she will be ready for wet sanding after a couple weeks of drytime to shrink. All the small parts are ready to wet sand except the front fenders that have fallen behind a little.

daddio211 and firepilot like this.
  14. napalmv8

napalmv8

Great job Kippers34!! Thanks for sharing with us! This is my favorite thread on hamb :)

15. image.jpg Overdrive is complete. I took build photos and will post when time allows but here is the final product.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    firepilot and daddio211 like this.
  16. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

Wow ! she's gonna be really nice when done ! ;)

17. Thanks a lot Zed.

18. MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone. Not much progress the last couple weeks but moving forward slowly. The driveline is back in and after today I will be back on her with a vengeance. Will post some more pics this weekend.

daddio211 likes this.
  19. waynos

waynos

this build is probably my favourite ever,keep up the amazing work!

20. telekenfun

telekenfun

Damn, It looks like SLC is having a real Christmas. Weather Channel tells me your overnight temps are down in the mid teens. That and and that cool OverDrive setup really makes for a real Christmas for you Kipp. Your temps are colder than ours, which must make plans for laying on the top coats pretty iffy right now. I hope you've had your shop's wood stove fired up so you can get the OD installed. I'm anxious to see the setup all put together. Without question, yours is one of the best builds and postings on the site. We appreciate your project very much.
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

21. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

Are you done yet? We have a full Hotrod schedule in 2015 you know...

Let me know if you need my help!

22. Thanks for the compliments Waynos.
    Thanks as always KB. I have had the overdrive done for a couple of weeks but between Christmas and catching a cold my progress has slowed for a couple of weeks but I am back at it. I was waiting for brian to post picks of the machine work before I posted pics of the overdrive installed but he has been swamped in the shop so no pics yet. But here she is installed. The weather has been unseasonably warm until the last week. But the cold is finally here with a vengeance. I have access to a heated paint booth so paint will get done in the next couple of weeks. Good luck and stay in touch. Later Kipp.

firepilot and Hot Rod Packard.. like this.
  23. Thanks Kris. She will be on the road by spring if it Kills me. When your dad gets the block back from the machine shop he may need some help assembling the engine so I can get her in befote installing the body.

24. daddio211 and firepilot like this.
  25. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Body is really looking good.

26. Caddy-O

Caddy-O

I may have missed it but I'm curious on how you routed your gas filler tube ?

27. telekenfun

telekenfun

Well it was 35 degrees and raining @ 7am this morning, nothing good about 35 degree rain. Needles to say, rain on top of ice is treacherous. I shot "Semisweet" in March when it was in the mid 40s outside. By the time we got 3/4 the way through a coat the exhaust fans in the booth had extracted all the warm air in 50x50 foot shop (37,000 cu ft) and the temp would drop into the 50s, the next thing that happened was the flash time really slowed down and sags started showing up on the vertical surfaces. I needed to lighten up the lay down for the rest of the coat, you can't just stop in the middle of a coat. Then I had to wait for the entire shop to warm back up before starting another coat. Timing is everything with these urethane paints and their chain molecules, having half the coat flashed and half still green is kind of a scary proposition, not knowing the effect on the outcome. So watch your booth temperature. Anyway that's my experience, I hope yours will come out well.
    Best Regards and good luck with all your endeavors, KB.

daddio211 and firepilot like this.
  28. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

Really nice! By spring you'll be ready for more than the road ...... most likely magazine features and the show circuit.

29. Thanks. One can only hope for magazine coverage (RODDERS JOURNAL) maby. But she will be driven. Hot rod hill climb here we come.

30. firepilot likes this.