Register now to get rid of these ads!

History My Favorite late 50s Family Wagons

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Nov 20, 2014.

1. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

Edenwoodie.gif mygarden2011 016.jpg Bruce, you need to upgrade to a Pertronix ignition! BEST thing I ever did for ALL my wagons! Edenwoodie.gif

2. aldixie

aldixie

Here's a nice rare one. My friend Ian's two door Mercury commuter wagon. I believe there are only a few in existence.
    image.jpg

fourspeedwagon and i.rant like this.
  3. To be honest, I always kinda thought station wagons other than 2-door Nomads and Safari Wagons were kinda like 4-doors (parts cars) up until a few years ago. Maybe I am getting old, or having four kids has made me view them differently, but I kinda dig wagons now and even have a 58 Nomad...

I would still like to own a 55-57 Safari someday if I tripped across a good deal.

i.rant likes this.
  5. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ALL late 50's American wagons are my favorite late 50's wagons.

Cooon likes this.
  6. I love my 59 Plymouth Suburban, even if the engine is hurt right now.

[​IMG]

7. Ramblur, you got enough wagons, to keep you busy, till the day we load you in the back of one of them.

8. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

68272886.jpg
    One of my all time favorites, hopefully the five spokes will be considered in the spirit of more traditional five spokes or just pretend they are cragars or better yet, dont look at the wheels at all and just look at the beauty of the car itself if they offend anyone.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  9. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Buick woodie.jpg

I know this is isn't late 50's but couldn't let is pass, beautifully restored 52 Buick with similar Chris Craft timber boat & local restored 1957 Buick Caballero with original bondwood caravan 162091-buick-caballero.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
    fourspeedwagon and belair like this.
  10. evintho

evintho

Here's a couple I would've loved to grab, especially the '57 Stude. They were all on one property but the guy sold the property before I could get to them. They wound up going to the scrap yard! Ouch!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. InstantT

InstantT
    from SoCal

The guy you bought your Safari from is in my club, and I almost cried when he sold Bud Meyer's Fiesta. I NEVER thought he would part with that one. My first car and entry into the club was a 57 Chevy delivery. Sure miss that one.

12. I absolutely love station wagons.....and those old ads are pretty damn cool!

13. big M

big M

I fixed up this '58 Dodge Custom Sierra wagon, and drove it 8,000 miles around the country on my honeymoon- Honeymoon trip 058.jpg Honeymoon trip 041.jpg

14. Jeremy Jalopies

Jeremy Jalopies

cant go wrong with a wagon...ever

15. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

My son has 2 57 versions of this car sitting in my yard! One is a CA car we are slowly building, 97 5.9 efi, 4 speed auto, 3:73 geared 8.8 w/ posi, 4 wheel disc brakes, 4 bucket seat interior, should be a great driver. The 2nd one is a parts car. Depending on what parts we will need to pull, the parts car is in better shape then most cars we have built! Hopefully the 1st one will be on the road sometime in 2015, then we will decide the fate of number 2. Gene

16. Take away the mags and this is what my first car looked like when I bought it for $750 in 1965.
    Got it from an upholsterer and he had just re-done the interior in red Tuck & Roll and all new carpet including the rear deck...

[​IMG]031409 Goodguys OC 524 by SoCalCarCulture, on Flickr