Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Dodge This - 1939 Dodge Southeast Gasser Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Dog_Patch, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Dang Dirty! You & Scott belong to the same Public Address Club, going public with all this light weight trickery!
    Dog, weighed my "mouse" heads last night, with the Crower shaft rockers.., 30 lbs. ea. That'd be 60 lbs. Per pair.., you know, 13 lbs. less than one of your ported "whale" heads.., man no wonder they call early Hemi's Whales.

Heavy
    ET
    Murdering
    Inhalers

2. Eh tu brute'

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Don't forget to put those pistons in the mill and knife edge the crank and maybe some aluminum rods.

4. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Aw heck, at this rate just turn down the journals to Honda size and trim the sides of the rods and run a piston-guided setup :D

5. Salty & Tyler, all them cats running around your ankles, is cause you keep letting them OUTTA THE BAG! :(

6. You don't have to put CP pistons in the mill Salty, they're "right as rain" when you get em!;)

7. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Well there you go now who's let the cat out this time all the time saved not working on pistons can be spent putting the rest on a diet.
    Don't forget hollow king pins if you are using early Ford spindles.

8. Holy smokes! You have 2 heads that weigh less than 1 of mine :eek: , time to pull out the stops and run a 4 banger hemi ! Only one head and probably 1/2 the price too :rolleyes:

9. powrshftr

powrshftr

You'd be like the Mickey Thompson of Chrysler products!:)

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30dodgeboy likes this.
  10. Holy crap you guys are crazy!

11. powrshftr

powrshftr

It would be crazy for Dog to NOT build the hell outta that Hemi and run it like he's angry at it...!;)

Scott

12. Ha....I know him well and I know he will

13. Dog, check out Crank-scraper.com (Ishuhara Johnson crank scrapers). They have em for everything & worth 10+ extra ponies for the effort. They're about $75.00 I think. I know, I know!, I shouldn't be coaching the competition, but I would like to see the "The Pilgrim" run her best.., or is it "Darth Gator"? "Black Pearl", "Krylon Koupe", " South Coast Coupe" "Baja Beater" "Walking Tall Part 4 3/4" "Black Plague" "The Collector" "Moby Dark" "The Soul Shaker" "The Carbon Coupe" "Coal Miners Daughter":) "The Sith" "Keith" "Stray Cat" "Crazy Ivan" "The Shadow Man"

saltflats likes this.
  14. Don't be lettin no cats outta the bag yet Jeffy ;)

Top of the list names right now -
    The Teaser
    The Pleaser
    The Shocker
    The Spocker
    The Show Stopper
    Big News
    Quick n Dirty

I hope the crank scraper comes in a lightened version - the hole saw is wearing thin.

15. allwilly

allwilly

The shocker. ..definitely

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I was thinking Dog Gone

17. Can I have all your deck lid innards? Shame to think of em laying in a ditch.

18. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

19. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

Or...
    Section 8.
    Dark Horse.

20. Just shut your fingers in the door and you will be ready

powrshftr likes this.
  21. So that's how you get your low ETs :rolleyes:

22. Sure man they're yours - not the inner skin I hope :eek: its not very shipable. Planning on putting them on your build ? I have been watching that thread. Nice work.

23. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

The Dirty Sock
    or The Starched Sock :)

24. Darn Sock Diablo

Darn as in to repair a sock

Har Har Har

25. Cabbage

Cabbage
    1. S.F.C.C.

I have some Mondello/Jentzen ported 392 heads that are HOGGED to the max. Got me wondering how much they weigh now.

26. 72.5 lbs

27. 25 years ago I was porting & polishing a set of 906 heads for a 440 project. I swear than when I blew my nose at least 1/4 lb of cast iron came out...

:D

28. Good ole orange iron boogers.

30dodgeboy likes this.
  29. Things are still progressing - lot of background tasks getting done. I never owned a car hauler before this whole SEG thing ate my brain. Tommy told me about a place in Pennsylvania called Econo Trailer. They make a bare bones light weight steel trailer with 4 wheel brakes for just over $2K - 1400lbs. Just what is needed for the Sedan Delivery to pull The Shocker.

Now that I own a trailer - The Shocker gets dropped off at the roll cage shop. Oh and the crank scraper is on order.

chassis_shop.jpg

Last edited: Dec 4, 2014
    Tudor, AHotRod, enloe and 1 other person like this.
  30. hog mtn dave

hog mtn dave

Bytner's place hasn't changed. "No Cash No Car" has been there for at least 15 years.