Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects new car today...1941 plymouth special deluxe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jgang, Nov 17, 2014.

1. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

Brought this beauty home just ahead of a major snow storm. I'm not sure how I will keep my hands off it til spring... has a newish interior and the fold down seats in the back. has a dent or two, needs a little dental work, a few trim pieces, some work in the floors, a good tune up and some new wheels and tires and she will be good to go... for me at least. previous owner laid on some heavy coats of lacquer and now the paint is chipping off in big pieces. looking for running boards if anyone has any and info on parts suppliers for things like window rubber and such. and i have read most of the threads on 40/41 plymouths but if anyone has any other info they would like to share, please feel free, i could use the help. thanks... stay warm.

Attached Files:

2. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

Gotta love them Plymouth business coupes!

3. Really nice! I've always wanted one of these. I had a '46 and a '47 but the '41 is so much sexier!

4. belair

belair

I really like those cars. congrats.

5. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

so, that storm i beat home yesterday... theres a plymouth under there somewhere.

Attached Files:

6. Cool Plym man, good luck with it!

7. YouTube has some 1941 Plymouth videos

8. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

thanks for all of the info guys. if anyone knows of anybody with trim pieces hit me up. i need a license plate bracket and the small strip that goes under the drivers side window just above the belt line piece. check out jay lenos thumb in the pick above, thanks again fellas

9. Nice Plymouth I'm trying to work out a deal for a 37 Plymouth sedan good luck with build looking forward to seeing it out this summer

10. raylloyd

raylloyd

Cool to see another 41 Ply in Western NY, although the buried in snow pic isn't so cool. I am down the 90 a bit from you, the first wave of snow missed us for the most part, only 6", but we are supposed to get hit tonight, tomorrow.

For running boards, sprm sells reproduction ones and I think progressive automotive does too. There are some vendors on ebay that list repo ones fairly regularly. If you need patch panels the Plymouth Doctor makes quality panels, but order way earlier than you need them (like 3 months early) as he is a bit on the slow side. There are also some floor patch panels here: http://www.c2cfabrication.com/wp-co...oduct_filter.php?make=35&model=334&syear=1941 but I don't think the quality is as good as the Plymouth Doctors stuff. I had window glass put in this summer and I will need to look up where I got the seals from. I shopped quite a bit for them, the place I ordered them from were fairly reasonable in price and they went in well.

I don't have a ton of extra parts (no extra chrome), but feel free to pm me if there is something you need, I might have it or have a lead on where you can get it.

Good luck with your project!

11. Looks like a nice car, its a P12 Series, it has the extra chrome trim on the front window and around the door......it NOT a Business Coupe btw, that rear seat makes it an Auxillary Seat Coupe, this folding pair of rear seats was available in 1940 & 41 only........Plymouth had only the one Coupe body in 40/41 and both Business and ASC versions used the same body shell. From 1942 to 1948 the longer roofed Club Coupe was introduced that had the rear seat and the shorter roofed Coupe body continued to be used for the Plymouth Business Coupe.........John Lee's Standard Catalog of Chrysler has 37,352 ASC coupes in the P12 series.............I had a factory RHD Sth African built P11 ASC till last yr.........sold it unfortunately.........have attached a couple of pics.........as for chrome moldings, they do turn up on ebay, 1/4 vent and other body rubbers are available from Andy Bernbaums, Mitchell Motors, Roberts and Steele Rubber...........also its worth joining the P15-D24 Forum, a great bunch of mopar guys........regards, andyd

Attached Files:

12. raylloyd

raylloyd

Clesters auto reproductions is where i got the front and rear glass rubber. Fit well. Looks like you have a special deluxe, so be sure to order the ones that have the channel for the chrome moulding. http://www.clestersauto.com/Pages/Mopar.aspx.

13. 41 mopar

41 mopar

Nice car...Here's mine. Slant 6 powered, and stock suspension. I have owned it since about 95. Its a keeper. nat241.jpg

14. exterminator

exterminator

Mine on the left. Exterminator

15. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

thanks so much for the info guys. this is great. now i just need some time away from the snowblower to follow up on all these leads.
    raylloyd... do you have links from sprm or progressive automotive? i cant find anything except a chassis page from progressive. thanks.

16. raylloyd

raylloyd

sorry, its srpm, not sprm, i am getting dyslexic. http://www.srpmstreetrods.com/srpm/...ubber-ff80808117344aab011741945649669a-p.html http://www.progressiveautomotive.com/Runningboards, Mopar.htm seems like there was another place that had them for around $500, maybe it was c2c fabrication, but i couldn't find it on the site.

17. raylloyd

raylloyd

18. jgang

jgang
    from hamburg ny

thanks raylloyd. this is awesome.

19. Skrambler

Skrambler
    from Arizona

I have the items you are looking to purchase.
    Been collecting 41 Plymouth parts, and cars for 22 years. Drop me an email if you are still looking for stuff.

Good luck with all that snow!
    We did not get that much in S.W. PA.

20. Nice! Good luck with it.

21. daliant

daliant

Those coupes look good without the running boards.