Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1934 Ford Sedan Gender Reassignment Surgery

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by flatnasty, Jan 14, 2014.

1. that's a nice neat frame....great to see the progress.

Cheers,

Drewfus

2. The windshield frame looks bitchin' and so doesn't that bead roller! Sure beats the heck out of my small Woodward Fab unit.

I got a question, what did you guys use to roll the curve in the piece of sheet steel?

3. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Hey 19523b23
    For rolling the sheet metal. My friend works in a sheet metal shop and they have a set of 6 foot power rolls that we put the sheet in and rolled the curves in it.

4. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Loving it! I too am looking forward to some outside shots, but you don't need any more encouragement do you? :)

5. T-DeWitt

T-DeWitt

What a amazing build I don't now how I have missed this one so far. Four door sedan to a coupe!!who does not love that.can't wait to see more.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Lookin good brother, be sure to send me some pics for the website and Instagram

7. pumpman

pumpman

Love the thinking going on here, I too say why take a short cut when you can take the long way around a mountain. Great job man.

8. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Got started on the floor pan this weekend. Ive decided to do it 3 separate pieces. I made a template and got to cutting it out and this is what I came up with. IMG_20140809_161132.jpg Once it was cut I rolled some beads in it and fit it in the car. My new Bead roller worked Great! IMG_20140809_185333.jpg It was a Nice day so I was able to roll it out for a pic. First time seeing it out of the shop/hoist. Not 100percent in love with the stance but its just mocked up so there's room to tweak it a bit. I think the it would help if it was all one color too. IMG_20141115_151310.jpg

texkbc, Pufff, ALCAN AV8 and 10 others like this.
  9. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

The roof line looks incredible! As for overall stance is concerned what part is bothering you? Is it the front top of the hood to tire relationship that's buggin you? Not that I would want to be the one doing the work and making it look right, but have you thought of giving the grill a little lean back to go with the aggressive lakes nature of the roof? Just an idea, I'm not sure that's it though.
    I think you've done an awesome job of making something that will stand out in the right way, I love it, I bet I'm not alone on that.

"I need my mirror boy"

Atwater Mike likes this.
  10. Looking good man !!!!
    Those first 50 foot glimpses after all the work is an awesome feeling isn't it?
    I'm sure that you'll get the tweaks just where you want based on your previous work

11. T.L.

T.L.
    from Colorado

That's really awesome..

12. Looks great!

13. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Fantastic work!

14. Wow man! Looks awesome!

15. deto

deto

I like the grill angle... In fact the profile is killer. The fit of the rear tires in the wheel well is awesome.

16. It's got some attitude!

17. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Wow. Your coupe has some attitude. Love the wide fives:D
    [​IMG]

JasonCarGuy likes this.
  18. pumpman

pumpman

Damn, that's nice!

19. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Have u seen the wide 5 adapter/covers, some HAMB er sells? That's awesome!

20. onekoolkat1950

onekoolkat1950

Your chop is spot on! Absolute stunner.

21. Roadsir

Roadsir

Impressive...That's a hellava undertaking!

22. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

The grill is what I was thinking. Maybe bring the bottom out an inch or two to be more similar to the windshield lean.

I don't think I'd drop the front suspension any, you'll never see out the windshield, lol.

23. 1951hudson

1951hudson

I think it looks great the way it is! And I like the wheels too! You do some really nice work for sure!

24. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Thanks a lot everyone! For the people commenting on the grill needing to come out a bit at the bottom your write it does. I just kinda set everything on it for a picture but the grill was way out to lunch at the bottom and didn't notice until I looked at the pics. I still say it needs to come down some more in the front .

Brad

Runnin shine likes this.
  25. Pics can be deceiving and that's all we have.
    image.jpg
    But based off of this one I agree with you Brad. Nose needs to come down but The cowl to hood gap doesn't seem to agree. Most 33/34s in pics have a little nose high look.

Mock ups are just that.
    Can kinda see how the hood over laps the grill increasingly towards the bottom.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  26. 53chevtrev

53chevtrev
    from Langley BC

Looking awesome brad! That chop is mean. How are you liking your beadroller?

27. flatnasty

flatnasty
    from Vancouver

Thanks Everyone for the compliments on the car.

Thanks Trevor

The bead roller works well I like it. Has great foot pedal feel and response so far its been a good machine. Your car is looking Good Man.

This weekend I cut out the other 2 sections of floor to fit the car. The middle panel was basic and I rolled a few beads in it. IMG_20140809_212841.jpg

After that I mocked in the front floor panel in and came to the realization I'm going to need a tranny tunnel. So I got going on that. Basically I beat a piece of sheet metal around a torque tube with a plastic hammer. then I bent a flange the opposite way so it can be spotted to the floor. For that I beat it with my plastic hammer over the front edge of my car trailer. Pretty barbaric but good enough for a 4dr sedan. Then I made a little transition piece for it to run into the shifter cover. IMG_20140920_134906.jpg IMG_20140920_141255.jpg IMG_20140920_175648nopm.jpg

Brad

28. ff1930

ff1930
    from lapeer

Keep up the good work

29. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq