Register now to get rid of these ads!

The official 1933-1934 Ford roadster pic thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Here are a few more from my files. I know there must be many more.
    10173811_757393950998454_6391165949365221512_n.jpg 10 Speed33 offen.jpg 10572792_10152639646647265_652169749_n.jpg

grumpy32 and exterminator like this.
  2. Holy smoke, how did I miss this thread all this time? o_O

Here are some I shot at this year's LARS.
    [​IMG]

grumpy32 likes this.
  3. And a tub just 'cause...
    [​IMG]

exterminator likes this.
  4. T&A Flathead

T&A Flathead

5. There are so many of the "early" pictures that aren't there any more, so I'm not sure if this one has been posted already. One of my favorite '34s:
    [​IMG]

Austinrod and grumpy32 like this.
  6. Idaho/Dave

Idaho/Dave
    from Idaho

my 34, un channeled, 59 ab, Columbia rear

Attached Files:

exterminator, tommyflathead and Chris like this.
  7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Idaho Dave - that looks like a good project, please put up some more pics. Always wanted a 34 roadster, but so far no luck.

8. Wow!!! that's cool. I sold one years ago with a columbia rear. Kickin myself every day for letting it go. May try to trade the cabrio for a project car.

9. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Here are some more for Sunday night.

0812sr_26_z+39th_nsra_nationals+1933_ford_convertible.jpg 7382166.jpg

grumpy32, exterminator and 1956 F100 like this.
  10. Not much going on today, time for a bump!

11. Here's one I owned a number of years ago. Sorry for the fuzzy pic. At least gets us bttt. Tim 272.JPG

12. Phil1934

Phil1934

Only track nosed '34 I've liked. The rake keeps the nose from being too tall. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2015
    grumpy32 likes this.
  13. This thread is way overdue for an update! I'm planning and plotting an early-'60s hiboy version with something funky like a MEL 430 and Towel City slicks. All I'm missing is the winning Mega Millions ticket to finance it! :eek:

14. Here's a couple of 025.JPG 026.JPG pics of my Nephew's

15. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Tim, where has this one been hiding? I love the look and style of this beautiful 34 hiboy roadster. Can you tell us more? - engine, interior, etc.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  16. Lynn: This one belongs to the Nephew in Florida that gave me my cabrio body. He pieced this one together. There are pics of it in my (mini) build thread for the cabrio called 34 ford cabrio pics. If you have trouble finding it let me know and I will post more. I could e-mail you a pile also if you like. It has a '57 283 and He actually bought a complete interior out of a killer black 33-34 I saw here on the hamb. However, He has changed his mind and is putting a dark green interior in. Its in the shop now. Also, I did a thread two weeks ago called my great weekend getaway in florida....check it out. I think you will have more questions. Glad to chat with you. Tim

17. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

just the other day ,[2001] wow time flies, i called a man about a model A wagon his son told my boy about, hesaid he didn't have one but had some other cars in his barns, had maby 30+- cars, drove about 1500 miles to see them, amazing bunch of cars just sitting in sheds and other bldgs in the MIDDLE of town. there were 4 34 rdsters, one 34 cabriolet, 2 32 pontiac cabriolets, etc. been there since the 60's. i bought the 34 cabrio and a roadster. cabrio is in upolstry shop now, roadster all body work done making a 1959 hi school custom out of it, 331 cad w/3-2's, colum shift o/d tran., 50 merc & linc. whls, 2'' chop, other things, full fenderd. will post pix when i learn how. my first 34 was a cutdown in 1956, building my hi school dream car.

18. Keepin it alive ^^^^^^

19. ShortBus

ShortBus

20. my roadster.jpg G'day guys, Col from Australia, lot's of great cars on this thread. This is my home built '34, it was built my Bucketmouth and myself.

bowlingball and grumpy32 like this.
  21. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

PM me your email and I'll send a whole bunch more taken recently, It really hasn't changed all that much since I built it 22+ years ago.
    In 1986 when I started on it I was working for a street rod shop in Arcadia,CA. directly across the street from where Cal Tanaka's dads shop was. This Kool Model 40 Hammered Koupe (Cal's) just would cruise through the alley between our shops. I would look over at the roadster project which was headed in a high tech direction and said if I ever owned it, (My boss owned the parts) that I'd end up making a traditional styled roadster then.

I went off in a different direction inflicted with that Model 40 hammer top, so I bought a gennie coupe project which I eventually built as a project warranting completion, but drove the wheels off of.
    I bought the 34 Roadster Body while I still had a 2nd coupe and would switch out the body of roadster with, One deep purple, the other black. People thought that I had a coupe and a roadster. They couldn't believe it was the same car just changed... the next year I ended up with the Eastwood welded chassis that I started building the roadster with and it's been on again and painted since then.

I changed out a 283 engine (now in my 32 rdstr) in 96 and have had the wide whites 1st with a borrowed 15" set of fronts in 95, then the 16" Denman/Lesters since 97. It has been that way doing the Beach Boys movie, saving the Broiler, Zip's Car in the DOS movie and a background R&C cover car for the T at the Broiler the same month that Normie Poo passed.

Sorry Chris-Didn't mean to jack the thread, just thought that I'd add a little history about the one that I have.

Black and Flamed likes this.
  22. Burnout Bob's car with the 40 spoke kelsey's , hamb car.JPG I like this.

rustymetal likes this.
  23. billylo

billylo

[​IMG]

Love this car! I think Dave Mehelich owns it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

24. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Saturday Night Specials!
    2607302744_676d7280cd.jpg wide5.jpg HarryWarner2.jpg

exterminator likes this.
  25. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  26. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Chris,
    You posted about 3 great pictures of the late Jerry & Lorraine Eisert's Red Merc Wheeled 34 Full Fendered Roadster with the Kool top. Jerry was quite a guy and had a helluva style creating that roadster. How many guys can say that they built racers and hit El Mirage,Bonneville Indy and numerous other spots.
    Jim Travis worked for him in Montebello in the 50's as did a young Jerry Kugel. He and his partner Bill Fowler had a shop called Automotive Specialties. The sold new/used speed equipment and worked on Hot Rods and built Indy-Fomula Racers.
    Back to 34's though=Theses guys even raced the the So-Cal Coupe when it was owned by Richard Strickler back in the day, It was sold to Jim Travis in 70. It was painted red then. Google Jerry and Jim Travis as well. I was just interested in who built that bitchin roadster. It's very enlightening to see all of these roadsters that you put up here. It makes one wonder about all of these builds. Quite amazing I'd say!

27. obergc

obergc
    from finland

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1434783513.756029.jpg
    Hello,heres one from Finland

exterminator likes this.