Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Who's Building a T?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Slimegreeeeeen, Nov 19, 2011.

1. This should probably be on a "conversation", but maybe other HAMBers will take note and go:

The Dover Studebaker Meet is June 29 to July 5. I don't know if I will be able to put the new rear in before then, but I sure will be trying.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  2. You're probably right. I'd like to go just to see how many non-purist Studebakers will be there. Hehe..

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  3. LWT

LWT
    from Va.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413951446.760051.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413951468.175726.jpg
    I finally got mine together enough to put it in a local show as under construction. If you have seen these pics already, I apologize. I'm tickled with it and I'm putting them in front of anybody who will look! "I'll have fries & a Coke, hey you wanna see a picture of my car?" :)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2014
    kiwijeff, daddio211 and 26 T Ford RPU like this.
  4. Im not sure if the motor makes the body appear small or the body makes the motor look large! It sure is nice!!JW:D

5. LWT

LWT
    from Va.

Thanks 26 T! :)

6. daddio211

daddio211

Here's where mine (the wife's) is now... 1414164218335.jpg

7. 10608587_10203226442087672_8089701519617561954_o.jpg After a long hibernation period, the Hotrodshiftknob 27 Tall T build is off the back burner. Here's a teaser shot of the car taken a couple days ago from its secret bunker in the Texas hill country. Does the dude standing in it look familiar? Anyone? HE's responsible for where it is as of now and where it will be heading in the very near future.
    I don't want to let the cat completely out of the bag, but look for a build blog on here with lots of progress pics following the thrash to get it to the LSRU show in April. Gory details forthcoming. Now if you'll excuse me, we have a care package to bust open from Jerry at Pete and Jakes. That is all for now. Over and out.

dehartcarl, rab71, NWGreaser and 4 others like this.
  8. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That is exactly how I want mine to look/sit. Perfect !

9. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

started building my 27 coop monday,bought it on ebay bout 10 yrs ago , was started rebuild in 1963 then put in a barn, body is great. had friend chop top 5'' and do body work bout year ago.started chassis monday. spent last 10 years colecting parts. 4'' old mordrop axil, juice brakes, 18''wires w/4.25-18 trs.,frnt 1/2 model a frame, columbia o/d rear w/4.11 grs, 16'' wires spread 1 1/2'' w/8.20 -16 trs, 39 lincoln tran. box w/ford gears [ran out of linc. grs], stock 51 flthd. w/blk edlbrok heads, slingshot intake, 40 ford steering, 50 frd. trk guages, grill shell im making from a farmall gas tank. is a hiboy, i have a couple lo cars and am tired of crunching down to drive.

10. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

Now that makes me really miss my old t. Looks good you really nailed the stance

11. Slim, that looks cool !!!!!!!!! and is that Mercury Charlie by any chance? JW:)

12. It certainly is. You're going to see a lot more of him as we thrash on my T for the LSRU. He's got a new shop in Austin and is accepting custom work. PM me for contact info. Know anyone who wants a super high-quality Mercury built? Charlie's not only got the chops, he's even got the car waiting for the right customer. In the meantime, we've got Ts to build.

13. Cool and may I say its good to see you back and getting on with the T :D JW

Slimegreeeeeen likes this.
  14. Thanks. man. I've got one ball in the air and it's this.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  15. Front end parts arrived from Pete and Jakes today. Magnum 5" drop. Super Slider spring. Went with a few chrome goodies but for the most part tried to not go nuts with the shiny stuff: Went back and forth on the front brakes, and Charlie and I decided to give the So-Cal Faux Buick Drums with hidden discs a try. They look pretty nice, IMO. Hopefully they'll stop as good as they look.
    BUICK DRUM.JPG FRONT SPRING.JPG T FRONT DRUM COMPLETE .JPG T STERRING PARTS.JPG T 5\" DROP SPINDLE.JPG T STERRING PARTS.JPG

16. Good to see progress...........and nice parts !! JW

17. daddio211

daddio211

In my experience the So Cal brakes work GREAT as long as you remember to bleed the TOP of the caliper! Might sound silly but the top screws on my buddy's car were impossible to see once assembled. He'd forgotten all about them by the time it was roadworthy.

26 T Ford RPU likes this.
  18. Now that's some good advise !! JW:)

19. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Oh man I like that brake setup :)
    Hmmm, that might even make fitting cycle fenders easier on my RPU :)
    Now I have another expensive set of parts to consider. Thanks :rolleyes: :D

Last edited: Nov 23, 2014
  20. Trouble Maker's Tea

Trouble Maker's Tea

I'm building one. A 23T pick up, NE1 Altered.

Attached Files:

21. Skelli

Skelli
    from Finland

One another thing abot the So-Cal brakes. I suggest you replace the chinese bearings with Timkens or something. I got to drive less than 35 miles before inner bearing was totally destoyed. Inner race welded itself to spindle and outer one ate the hub.

Mika

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

That's interesting when you consider the text from their ad info on the brakes. :)

-The entire assembly rides on a New Traditionalist CNC machined aluminum hub that includes the highest quality bearings and seals on the market.

23. Skelli

Skelli
    from Finland

Yep, I've read that too. My set had HL-bearings ( well, I guess they are top level in Chinese bearing industry)
    Althoug I bought my set couple of years ago.. Maybe things have changed.
    IMG_4835.jpeg IMG_4836.jpeg

24. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Now that is a trashed bearing :eek:
    Aside from that, how do you like the brakes in performance ?

25. Skelli

Skelli
    from Finland

Otherwise they work well :)
    So-Cal steering arms are must for bleeding, I learned it the hard way ;)

daddio211 likes this.
  26. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Ok so now I'm curious, what do steering arms have to do with bleeding ?

27. papacub

papacub

28. Skelli

Skelli
    from Finland

They have to be bolt thru style. If you have normal steering arms that are bolted on from "inside" thru caliber bracket, you can't unbolt them, because bolts are stuck behind brake disc. And since you can't get them off, you can't turn caliber brackets and brake cylinders to front and back which you need for bleeding.
    I hope this makes any sense. There are directions on So-Cal web pages.
    I had to unbolt the whole front axle to tilt the cylinders.

daddio211 likes this.
  29. Papacub,what holds the front end up ?? JW