Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Had to have this 31 A! (Update!)

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 31pickemup, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Very nice and congrats on getting such a cool car. That has a lot of right and no wrong going on!

2. its bad ass on so many levels, even the rippled exhaust tubing

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. Man, I love it! Enjoy that A!

volvobrynk likes this.
  4. olskool34

olskool34

Oh man that interior is perfect!

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. thompsonwayne1

thompsonwayne1

I watched that go way out of my price range. Beautiful car. Any idea what that on again, off again valve noise may be that they mentioned in the Ebay listing?

6. damnh6

damnh6
    from australia

Some things are better just left untouched ,the way it was back in the day is even better now! Fantastic to see it in caring hands .

Denns1989 and volvobrynk like this.
  7. RoadsterRod1930

RoadsterRod1930
    from NEPA

It may just be me...... But I love old cracked lacquer paint

Weezy1930 and Denns1989 like this.
  8. Ya me too.
    There's an old local 34 Ford hot rod coupe with 40 year old cracked
    black lacquer paint on it. We keep trying to keep the guy from painting it!
    Wish my car had it but I cant figure out how to paint cracks!

RoadsterRod1930 likes this.
  9. mountainman2

mountainman2

Damn, I think I once sent a Hallmark card to a girl with almost the same wording......didn't work then and probably won't help you get the hotrod either. LOL

But it is a good hotrod

volvobrynk likes this.
  10. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Wow - color me very jealous ! Congrats .

Tow Truck Tom likes this.
  11. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

There is some very Nice rods on here, like the snoppy and this, that are survivors, and there for are quite unique.
    On the 32 Mock up there is a 32 channeled, unshopped with molded/bobbed rear fenders, that freshly re-painted, where the owner fixed broken even paint, converted it to RHD. And when I look at it there is no doubt in my mind its a survivor. That guy "walked the razors edge", and came out on top

But the minut you take a car completly apart it looses some and win some. But If the newest owner can resist to gap the doors, go to a different exhaust, do a blower motor etc. Because this can throw the survivor feel right out the window.

But a driving hot rod is the most beautiful Way to preseve history as it was. Just my opinion, and it's not the only Way.

I really hope, from the bottom of my heart, that the owner Will be just as happy owening/driving/take it to shows, as I'm looking at this wonderful piece of history!!!

And wish that to every other guy, who should be ad lucky to stumble on a survivor.
    The money is to tight around here, to even dream about buying anything as close to driving or complete stage. But that dosent stop me from dreaming.

But it still bringes tears my eyes to See a beautiful survivor channeled 32 Roadster in a Wonderful blue color, with bikefenders, nerf-bars and in top nick, being unchanneled, loose the bike fenders and nerf-bars. Then its not the same feeling when you look at it.
    I know its well under ways, being rebuild, and I still can't go look at his treath, with out feeling sad and drop back out.
    But I still wish the guy all the happiness with his roadster!

I know I'm weird! I know its not my car, but as 95% on here I Care about old cars, and I have an opinion on every car.
    I can help it, I most speak it out, If this is too much let me know, and I delete my post. And return to watching.

You got a great car, I only can Dream of finding one day. But please keep posting, because we all love this stuff!!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    bowie and Tony Martino like this.
  12. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I like it all except those headlight stands...they didn't work on the American Graffiti coupe either...just my .02.

kidcampbell71 and Runnin shine like this.
  13. "Yes officer, they are regulation height, you can measure them if you want"
    Not sure if that's totally correct quote but close enough!
    And a nod of thanks to a movie that helped a lot to us all being here!

volvobrynk likes this.
  14. 31pickemup

31pickemup

Yeah they're not my favorite either. But Tony might be right about the ride height of the lights. I would think they would've been more strict near NY City and Jersey. Really the only thing that bugs me about this car is the side panels hooked to the radiator shell. The car is supposed to have a engine cover that attaches to these and the brackets on the cowls. If it works its yet to be seen.

volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
  15. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

awesome!!...sweet patina!!

Weezy1930 likes this.
  16. Mark Jenny

Mark Jenny

lets see more interior pics..I have a 31 5 window chopped...would love to see your seat...I'm 6'2" and dont see too well out of the 3.5 chop

17. I love the headlights, placement and stands! I'd put some beanie caps on it or something "older" and drive the living shit out of it!

Tow Truck Tom likes this.
  18. That is gonna look even better after a little washing and waxing, polishing, detailing, etc... Congrats on becoming it's caretaker.

19. Nice. Squablow is right about the Hudson steering wheel. Lacquer can be fixed, although it looks like the checking is pretty extensive. Great little hot rod.

20. Rusty

Rusty

Cool Car!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. I'd pull this car apart, body off, go through the chassis, using most of the original build parts when possible, rebuild the drive line, go through the motor, modern flathead parts inside, strip the body, keep the original interior, new cloth wiring, 12V, change out the master cyl. Build this car new, as an old build, the car deserves to be done correctly, so it can be a safe, reliable hot rod. Back in the day, guys would say they'd never leave town in a flathead, times have changed. This would be a great car to do the above. Of course, these are my thoughts only!! This was a great buy, they're still out there, if you're willing to pay the price. If you want to keep the car as it is now, put it in a museum, it didn't look like this when it was built as a new hot rod, in the late 50's.

volvobrynk and loudbang like this.
  22. By the pictures you can tell by the attention to detail that this car was
    a high end build in 59. It wasn't built by a teenager in his driveway.
    The finish was really top notch. Interior was awesome, paint was state of the art,
    high end chrome plating, expensive engine stuff, etc. etc.
    Now maybe 31 pickemup has spent a bundle already and
    can't afford to do a restoration to the standard it was built to in the first place.
    Doesn't make the score any less great. The car is back out, and he should
    enjoy it in whatever way he can. The car is no less legitimate if it's just cleaned up,
    made safe and driven like it deserves to be. The car doesn't drive better if the
    paint is perfect and the chrome shines. and he becomes a history teacher
    about the 59 build even if it's a little ruff.
    Put another way, there are plenty of damn sexy 50 year old women
    around. They don't necessarily need plastic surgery to be HOT!
    My $.02

23. bigorangetruck

bigorangetruck
    from TX

EXCELLENT !!!!!

Tony Martino likes this.
  24. studebaker46

studebaker46

I think I am going to write a book of tony quotes, pretty smart feller tom

25. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

Great car, is that firewall reversed ? it has front blinkers too!

26. 31HotRodLincoln

31HotRodLincoln

Great coupe, is the stock firewall reversed ? nice front blinkers!

27. Thanks guys!
    I try!

bigorangetruck likes this.
  28. Ya looks like the firewall is reversed.
    The more you look the more you see.
    High end build.

volvobrynk likes this.
  29. StrickV8

StrickV8

Dude I love it as is...Nice score!

30. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

It aint much we hear from the owner?

I love the ideer of a untouched survivor driving, I love to restored car that look like when it was build.

Both will make me happy, but If it looks like it was build last year would make me unhappy and unsubscribe.
    I know that aint a big a big loss.

But I know its hard to go time specific, with out change something that you dislike. Like the headlight stands. They are a part of the right look.