Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Border Bandits Gas class builds to the Southeast Gassers rules.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by II FUNNY, Nov 5, 2014.

1. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

I think if we all rode with Joe, gave him a Iv of caffeine he could easily get us there in 11 hours?? ....... Lol would love to come back but these cars don't build themselves and you can't earn $ with out working better luck next year!!

II FUNNY and powrshftr like this.
  2. powrshftr

powrshftr

I feel your pain man....I'm either too busy working to build the car,or have plenty of time but no cash cause I'm not working....lol

Scott

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

beebee78 likes this.
  3. Saxxon

Saxxon

I'll be tuning up the snow blower

Oh hey... never drive on 2 extra strength 5 hour energy and a Red Bull. Doesn't get you there any faster... you can see sound and your teeth itch, but you're so busy counting molecules that you don't drive any faster. In fact, 2 minutes seems like 2 hours... don't do it !!

Same goes for truck stop Burritoes and extra large coffee. One of our guys damn near had his ass hanging out a window the entire time between Wisc Dells and Rockford. We felt pity and stopped when he asked.

volvobrynk, loudbang and beebee78 like this.
  4. I'll be tuning up the Margarita mixer Davie.., maybe you could send some snow my way so we could have Margarita Snow Cones at our block party, since its gonna be in the 80's..,aaaaaagain!

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. Defiantly watching this thread

6. I know that feeling we drove 9 hrs. but with an understanding wife we are headed back this weekend. 13 would probably make me think. Plan on making a lot of trips next year. Gasser racing at its best.

volvobrynk, 91whitestang and beebee78 like this.
  7. Love what y'all are doing

8. Mac30

Mac30
    1. S.F.C.C.

Quite a few SEG cars being built... Gonna be a great 2015! I'm watching this one.

9. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Ok guy's I'm going to be checking y'all out. Thank's so much for building these cars to fit our rules. My long term plan is to have cars all over the country so we can come together and have races that will help preserve Gasser history like it really was. False advertising is killing the Gasser name but it looks like y'all are doing it right. As y'all already know I'm here if you need anything.

10. 9sectruck

9sectruck

What a great thread, good luck with your builds guys and hope to see you all again in July :)

11. beebee78

beebee78
    from illinois

image.jpg Tore back apart to finish welding... Then paint and assembly!!! Or as Kip would say bling it out lol

12. powrshftr

powrshftr

Mmmmmmm........That is gonna be one light,zippy little Deuce now.
    Better hang on tight when you stomp that loud pedal Brother!:D

Scott

volvobrynk, 30dodgeboy and beebee78 like this.
  13. Did some more cutting on the ol ford the last few days now build the new front half and mount the axle. Even caught the wife checking progress she gave it 2 thumbs up

Attached Files:

14. deto

deto

If you guys ever end up setting something up in CA I'm gonna end up back in debt building a gasser

15. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

You guys still have drag strips out in CA?!? I figured they were all paved over for parking lots or turned into museums :p

16. In that first pic I was like - that suspension looks really heavy - then it got real light real quick :D

volvobrynk, beebee78 and II FUNNY like this.
  17. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

The way the South east gassers are growing it might not be long, We already have one car there now,

18. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Nice group of cars. BeeBee are the new frame rails 2X3'sX 1/8"? Going to cut off the front frame of my Hj and am thinking of using that size rec tubing. Thanks, Henry.

19. Looks like some serious commitment here, so I'll just say this once. Chromoly, Aluminum, fiberglass & Aluminum only!, no mild steel anything! That starts with the front stub too, you can buy 2 x 3 chromoly. The Pale Rider is barely more than 2700 with a big block & Shannon in the seat! That's about 2550 without him! This isn't counting the 23-2400 lb. Willys & Anglia's. The instant you start welding mild steel back in, your going backwards. I've been watching several new builds, and seeing enough mild steel to build cruise ships!

20. While we are on the subject of cutting out steel an putting back aluminum - the rear 'firewall' what is the requirement? If the gas is in a 2 gallon jug on the front, can the back be open to the trunk area?

21. The only issue might be the battery, but circle track cars run the battery behind the drivers seat all tme with no issues, so I don't see the need for a rear fire wall if your using a tank up front.

22. powrshftr

powrshftr

I would at the very least run the battery inside a sealed box.

I never thought about what a mess it could make in a crash til I asked a restoration guy why Bob Bondurant's 289 USAAC Cobra race car had a Buck knife zip tied to the parking brake handle.
    Apparently he got a Porsche 356 upside down once at Riverside or someplace,and he was hanging in the belts upside down with battery acid burning the shit out of him while he waited for the track guys to cut him out of the belts.

The next race car had the Buck knife conveniently located to un-ass himself from the thing if shit went off the rails.

Ouch.

Scott

loudbang and volvobrynk like this.
  23. Some would whine that chromoly/lighter components are too expensive.., well, so is horse power, so your gonna spend the money anyways. May as well give the clutch, trans & rear end a longer life span

OahuEli, volvobrynk and II FUNNY like this.
  24. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Nothing like free horse power or for say the lack of.

25. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

That sure puts a wrench in my plans...I was going period correct low-buck with gas pipe and NPT elbows:D

26. 55belairx2, beebee78 and II FUNNY like this.
  27. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

28. These cars with long ladder bars & modern slicks, nose up etc
    don't usually have the traction issues they had back in the day, so I think its a good idea. 10-20lbs on the nose can also be the difference between manageable & unmanageable wheelies too.

29. Going for the 1959 Garlits look Kip?

55belairx2 and II FUNNY like this.
  30. powrshftr

powrshftr

That's cutting edge technology up here Ric.

We've got a current Pro stock national champion running a Weiand tunnel ram with 2 660 Holleys and an Accel super coil:)

Carbon fiber hasn't made it's way up here,but I acid dip everything on the car.....Guess I should try that BEFORE I paint it next time,huh..?

:(

Scott

enloe likes this.