Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs hemi grasser

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemi rodder, Nov 12, 2014.

1. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

100_5861.JPG 100_5866.JPG 100_5854.JPG I have 3 hemi's that I want to get running this winter, will sell at lest one the wife say's, all are suppose to run. I was going to build a normal engine stand, then I came up with the ideal to use a lawn tractor just for fun (with my 10 year old son) and I could push it out of the garage. of course like usual it got out of hand, got a garden tractor from a friend that is heavy duty enough to hold the weight, once I got the hemi in I realized that I could connect the drive shaft that runs the pump, it is hydrostatic. now my son want us to put in a small radiator so it can run longer, I was just going to use without and run only a minute or two. so now I got a small rad from a 4 wheeler a fan and a water pump from a travel trailer that pumps 1 gallon a minute, won't run for long but wanted a little circulation so not to get any hot spots, should run for 3 to 4 minutes now. that will go under frame, tried up front but no room. using many hot heads hemi parts, adapter plate to mount the starter, oil filter adapter, header flange to make my pipes, intake for my 4x2 set-up and more. 100_5863.JPG

2. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

my question is. I was going to pump the coolant from the front of the heads and out of the back of the heads, was going to use the block off plates and tap fittings to hook up coolant lines, block off the water pump outlets. does this sound good, like said it won't run for long but don't want to get hot spots in the top end.

3. Time to find some 12 inch slicks !!! Lets go mow some lawns !

4. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

should cut the grass under 10 seconds
    my son wants to paint it lime green with heavy metal flakes and letters saying( say no to grass )
    wants me to bring it to car shows for him when I go with the roadster, either I will need a hitch on the roadster to tow it or a hitch on the tractor to haul the roadster to the shows haha

kiwijeff likes this.

5. Make sure your health insurance is paid up!:D HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. 73RR

73RR

If you only force water through the heads then the block will get hot. How hot?? For how long?? good question...

7. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Why not pump water into the front of the block and out of the heads like MoPar did?

8. Cuttin' grass and kickin' ass.:D

9. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

will only run a few minutes either to move around or to load on trailer, I can also pump in the 2 water pump holes in the front of block and out the rear head ports. in all I have 6 ports to play with, 4 in heads and 2 were the water pump use to be, I will have a remote water pump to go to rad. just looking for opinions on witch port to enter and exit. most of the heat is generated in the heads(combustion chamber) in the first few minutes of running. 100_5862.JPG

10. Jiminy

Jiminy

Would be fun to see this in John Deere colors with a roll cage, and wheelie bars. Even more fun to watch people get brain cramps trying to figure out if the hemi was connected to the rear axle.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  11. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

It's true that you want your heads cool and your oil warm most of the time. If you are only running it for 2 minutes or so, why not just run water in the heads, if that is what you want to do. The 'liner I have helped at Bonneville the last two years, has no water in it and runs for 5 miles under power with no ill effects. 60 psi boost too. Burning alcohol.

12. Slopok

Slopok

And all this time I thought Dixie Chopper was the Worlds Fastest Mower.:D

13. Slopok

Slopok

You meant Life Insurance Policy didn't ya?

14. Are you trying to go one better than Moriarty? :D
    His mower was awesome, but this is definitely on another level.
    I'm with ya boy on the metalflake green. I'd paint that Hemi the same.
    I wouldn't bother with cooling if only running for a few minutes at a time. :)

15. 36DodgeRam

36DodgeRam

That is the coolest engine stand!

I had my 331 on a stand for years in the barn. I would fire it up, with open exhaust manifolds, just for kicks when friends were over. If you block up all but the highest water outlets, it holds several gallons of water. I could run mine for about five minutes before it started to steam, then shut her off!

16. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Steering will NOT be effortless!!

kiwijeff likes this.
  17. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

got it running, wish I could post video 100_5903.JPG 100_5904.JPG 100_5907.JPG

Attached Files:

kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  18. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

come to find out that the engine rotates opposite off what the original engine did(my friend how owned the tractor told me diff, now he looks at his other tractor and oops I made a mistake)
    any body know what I could use to put in the middle of the shaft to revers the rotation( some kind of gear box). I don't have much room to play with. shaft connect to the center of flywheel and runs to a hydro. pump on the rear end.

19. HUGHES AUTOMOTIVE

HUGHES AUTOMOTIVE

I would turn the motor around and connect the transmission drive shaft to the harmonic balancer. I think you could switch your headers side to side.
    Bill

20. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

We ran two aluminum water fillers in the heads. Run an overflow to each front header pipe. When it starts blowing the water out, shut it down.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

21. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

I got bored a couple of years ago and had an extra Nailhead and Cub Cadet Hydro tractor sitting around. Wanna race?
    [​IMG]

22. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

cool, I like that buick powered tractor, well done
    a friend is going to give me a gear box from a small pave-roller, about a foot square and input and output in line at both ends, box has neutral, forwards and revers, will take a foot out of the middle of my drive shaft and make couplers , just need to fit it all in small space.

23. On a somewhat related note:

1954 MASSEY HARRIS 44 Special tractor (Shelby Ohio craigslist pic 2).jpg 1954 MASSEY HARRIS 44 Special tractor (Shelby Ohio craigslist pic 1).jpg
    1954 MASSEY HARRIS 44 Special tractor (pic by checkedgoldtop).jpg
    1954 MASSEY HARRIS 44 Special tractor (HEMI pic by checkedgoldtop).jpg
    1954 MASSEY HARRIS "44 Special" with 392ci Chrysler HEMI​

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  24. Lol WOW. I am so heavily overpowered as it is here....and you guys have mowers that will do wheelies. What the hell land is this ?

John Deere appears to be quite a pussy in Hamblandia. Amen.

You fukrs are all crazy. Gotta' love it ! Anyone else ? I cannot imagine anything better then these three. Then again.....whose next ?

25. I wanna make a engine stand out of a 33 willys

kiwijeff likes this.
  26. So is this tractor '64 or earlier? just had to ask...ha ha ha tim

bald_and_grumpy likes this.
  27. sheeeeeeeit! to everything above! wow!

28. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

got in some metal flake paint this weekend, still 6 more coats of clear and pinstriping to do. installed my last spare hemi 354 with edelbrock 2x4 intake and bigger tires. 100_6386.JPG 100_6385.JPG

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    kidcampbell71 likes this.
  29. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

found some 10.5. actualy tire that I raced with 20 years ago on my 57 chevy, had stored in a friend barn, had forgot about them