Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Are biggest cruise scene was a campus........wich was the streets surrounding the University of Illinois (UofI).Them college kids didnt know what to think of all the "townies" and their loud cars!:D

2. BUCKY59

BUCKY59

Berdoo ''E'' st in my Hot Rod '68 Bird.

3. kcbeardclub

kcbeardclub
    from KCMO

The great thoroughfare of Antioch, Overland Park, KS. Just wish I had the 'ol 51 fleetline back then.

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I ran delta port, Viking, Mitchell island, tilbury, Latimore, 200th down by the rose & thistle pub, Harvey rd., was too young to run boundary bay, but went there to watch. Viking was quite the scene.

5. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Ahh...memories.

Back in the late 70's/early 80's on home turf in Reedley it was G St and 11th. From the high school to the Foster's Freeze. Usually after doing bad things at the Midway Drive In. Park it in front of the Guarantee Bank. The old '70 Plymouth Fury III is long gone but I still have my TUNABOT license plates.

When we were feeling rich and had gas money it was Mooney in Visalia or Blackstone in Fresno.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. jodell

jodell
    from Irvine, CA

Main street of course in Abedeen SD!

7. dodge35

dodge35
    from kentucky

Dixie hwy and 3rd st, anywhere there was a frischs big boy.

8. jimcolwell

jimcolwell
    from Amarillo

Main street in Amarillo, Texas, Polk Street. We had two drive inns at one end. It was two lanes each direction, lined with store front glass and two theatres. The Airmen walked the side walks and the bars were a block or two off the drag. An abundance of neon. Times were good.

9. cs39ford

cs39ford

Dog N Suds Wheeling Il. Rt 83 in a 63 2dr 327 Hard top Impala in 1968 or in my buddys orange 4dr 57 chevy

10. frdsuperduty

frdsuperduty
    from Lewes De

Cruised the Ritz in Allentown Pa 61/62.Down Hamilton and back out Linden.Lots of lite to lite fender to fender racing.What can I say,we were young and stupid.Later moved to Media,Pa and cruised from Scotties in Springfield to the Charcoal Pit in Wilmington and back to the Moe in Chester.Neat thing is in the past 10 years I connected with a bunch of guys who were there and we are crusin again.Only difference is our cars are much faster and we are way slower.

11. I did central ave in the early 60's till 66/67 used to race on the sprainbrook parkway when it only went to the end of the golf course. when were you there Micky one .

12. 4tford

4tford

I remember stecker that was an industrial area cars coming down to match race big crowds both sides of the street and the Detroit cops coming down there to bust everyone. Also the same thing college road in Dearborn that ran from southfield to evergreen that was some great drag racing going on there also.

13. 4tford

4tford

I had a nasty silver 63 split window in 1965 I use to cruise telegraph between big boys at Plymouth road to Daly's at cherry hill. Also to Robbies little skipper drive in on warren ave west of outer drive. Did a lot of drag racing on telegraph and also on woodward.

14. Bellflower Blvd. in my buddy's 55 Nomad mid 60s.

15. Taken at the Sonic a few weeks ago on Dodge street. Dodgecruisehotrodroadsters36.jpg [ Dodgecruise14joegaitros54.jpg

16. CrazyVern

CrazyVern

Camp Bowie/ Hwy 80 in Fort Worth
    Cooper Street in Arlington
    80s and 90s

17. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Mobile, Al....Hwy 90 and Azaelia Rd from Krystal to Shoney's Big Boy, Ozzie's then to Chicks and back to Krystal....Krystal was 3/4 mile from Shoney's and it would take 20 minutes or so to get in and find a parking spot....every Fri, Sat, Sun and Wed night.....Shoney's was the Place...had a dirt parking area behind the building....you only pulled in the car hop area to order food...the dirt area was for the Street Racers......when you got asked to park on the dirt, you had been accepted.......that was '67' to '77.......then it all kinda went away......Viet Nam took a lot of the Cruisers away...some returned, but it never was the same......I'm Blessed I came along in the Best Years to Cruise in the South......Street racing was every night on Japonica Lane, Half Mile Rd or Lloyds Lane........first date my wife and I had we went to the local Stock Car races, then we went to Lloyds lane to race a guy in a Mustang..made her wait beside the road with friends...must have been 50 people out their.....my Buddy dropped his arms and Blue lights came from behind......we all split and I left her on the side of the road.....the law just wanted to scare us off...about 45 minutes later I showed back up at the Krystal...she was smiling from ear to ear...I knew she was a keeper.......that's been a while back...seems like a couple months in my mind

18. j3harleys

j3harleys

Denver in the early 60's, We would Start off at the Scotchman on North Federal, Then head down town and cruise up and down 15th and 16th then back to the Scotchman. Sometimes had to make a trip out to 56th Ave at the end of the runway for some racing . That's where the guys I grew up with went to race. On Sunday it was always City Park. And 50 years ago I picked up a young girl that was cruising 16th with her sisters. Still have her wish I still had the car

19. gtolarry

gtolarry
    from Texas

Port Arthur Texas (boyhood home town of Jimmy Johnson football coach/commentator) Gulway drive. Very different now sad to say.

20. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Franny Lew in an OT Impala or 240. Only two of us had cars and we always ended up at Cherry Valley for a late night snack. Later we'd be off to the square.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  21. oldcars.acadia

oldcars.acadia

High Street in Ellsworth Maine. Main and Cottage Street in Bar Harbor Maine. 1960 to present !!!

22. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

V street washington dc

23. squidnut12

squidnut12

Nolan road in Independence, MO - Main Street in Richmond, MO from the square to DQ, and Excelsior Springs, Mo on Broadway from the lot to the police station in the mid-late 80's in my 63 Impala 2 dr hdtp. Richmond got shut down due to a stabbing death over 50 cents in 87. The other 2 hot spots just kinda went away.

24. bobjob55

bobjob55

WHITTIER Boulevard ,, WHITTIER California .... 1967-1972 ....lots of fun ,, tons of great looking girls ... till the popo pooed all over it ...

drive em like ya stole em

25. Kickstarter

Kickstarter
    from NC

Asbury Park in high school, then Summer ave and Presidents Island in Memphis TN.

26. JimSibley

JimSibley

In high school we cruised main st. In Keani Alaska. A good night had 15 cars. From there I went to Salem Oregon in the late 80s. A good night there was measured in the hundreds. We called it the Salem gut. Good times.

27. Backage

Backage
    from New York

231 Deer Park NY

28. 55Brodie

55Brodie

Late 60's Richmond, VA. Bill's BBQ crawl, starting on the Boulevard, across the Nickel Bridge to Bill's in Southside, fart around Hull Street Road and Jeff-Davis Tnpk, then back over the bridge and head to Bill's on West Broad Street. Might as well check out Shoney's while we're here and catch Virginia BBQ on the way home. My bud Billy and I were usually in either his baboon-ass red 69 Mustang Sport Roof or my black 62 Impala SS 327 4-speed. Good times for sure although the City and Henrico County cops had a field day with us.

29. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Driver's licences only at 18 in South Africa, so no high school cruising. In the years immediately following, though, Pretoria in the early '80s, it was between the drive-in restaurant at the end of Church Street and another one in the centre of town, in Vermeulen Street. There'd be some impromptu street racing in Vermeulen Street sometimes. It was the age of Grand Apartheid so the cops had no qualms about bringing in the riot squad to break it up.

I think there was some more happening in Pretoria West, Skinner and Soutter Streets, from time to time, but that wasn't really my stomping ground.

30. 69-73 Sturgis, South Dakota (Home of the Sturgis Bike Rally) Main Street/Junction Blvd. was the Cruise, A&W, 4 Winds Drive-In, 56 Nomad, 61 Chevy Impala, 67 Buick GS, 67 GTX, 55 Chevy Post, just a few of the cars that roamed the streets back then. When we got bored we'ed run down to Rapid City (Speedy Village) and curise 8th Street, life was good back then !!!!