Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Tech School Students Doing Good

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by anthony myrick, Nov 7, 2014.

1. IMAG1161.jpg 23 T roadster firewall IMAG1159.jpg 23 T frame
    140206_001.jpg 40s stroller 140220_001.jpg jeep tailgate Photo421.jpg jeep 140307_001.jpg 49 GMC hood IMAG1141 - Copy.jpg dropped and shortened school bus

These are a few projects we are doing in my shop class. All work is being done by high school students

2. Awesome.....from a one time tech student...I still do work with our local vo techs collision repair classes

els and 31Vicky with a hemi like this.
  3. shop teacher

shop teacher

Thats awesome. I just retired after 30 years in high school auto body &auto mechanics. If you ever need some advise, let me know. I have a killer project packet for Intro Auto Body

chryslerfan55, brEad, els and 3 others like this.
  4. thanks I would be very interested on info on that packet
    I've only been teaching for 3.5 years and have almost 50 students in 3 periods.
    I hope to be posting more pics as we progress on projects and I get better at uploading pics

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Cool stuff! The bus project seems to be moving along, I will be looking forward to future post on this thread.

els likes this.
  6. loudbang

loudbang

Great to see some students into our stuff ..from a "trade school" graduate.

7. shop teacher

shop teacher

Consider yourself lucky with only 17 students a class . When I retired class size was about 25-30 with 5 classes a day.The best way to get that packet to you would be by snail mail. You only have 27 years left in your career. I would always count down the school year - you have 26 weeks left, your about halfway at Xmas time. Good Luck Buddy

chryslerfan55 and els like this.
  8. Wow! And to think the coolest thing I ever did in my shop class was fill a classmate's crack up with chassis grease. (We had been warning him to pull his pants up).

Great stuff here!!

9. 101_5550.JPG 101_5559.JPG another Taylor Tot stroller. Hot rod style
    Photo118.jpg Photo119.jpg Sportster tank painted with school logo

10. model T.jpg
    Students started assembling the modelT chassis

11. One of my students painted these fenders last month. Some may not like this type of paint but I think he did a good job.

Attached Files:

12. we got the wish bones and front axle installed. Should have most of it done after Christmas break

Attached Files:

13. Anthony,

Hit up "Dan" here on the HAMB. He developed one hell of a program, that he implemented/teaches in Miles City Montana. Here is an old thread of his.

Keep at it Anthony, the US has lost more technical programs than can ever be replaced.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/shop-class.136616/

Last edited: Dec 11, 2014
  14. thanks
    Im trying to rebuild one here, need all the inspiration I can find

15. unnamed.jpg bus.jpg I’m
    working on stance
    changed the front axle to a lower and narrower one. Working out details on how to mount. Thinking about fabing some beefy radius arms
    changed the rear axle to a dana70 HD with 410 gears. Will be a lot better than the 720s in the old axle
    should be able to run 1/2 ton sheet metal now on front

Last edited: May 15, 2023
  16. yruhot

yruhot

To all you atuo shop teachers thank you. I'm 60 tears old now and if it wansn't for Auto shop.drafting.metal shop wood shop arts and crafts,band I never would have made it through school. I feel sorry for kids today and try and share what I've learn with them all the time. It;'s a great feeling and they really eat it up. YRUHOT,doug

chryslerfan55, lc1963, els and 4 others like this.
  17. Finally a cool short bus!
    Is a haircut in the plan too

els, LostBoy and volvobrynk like this.
  18. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Consider radius arms similar to the 4x4 Ford broncos from 78-85.
    Keep up the good work!

els and anthony myrick like this.
  19. no for now
    were going to finish the rear frame section soon and reinstall the butt. will make that decision after we roll it off the lift and after front sheet metal is installed

chryslerfan55, els and volvobrynk like this.
  20. going to check those out
    me and our welding instructor are thinking about febing a set
    working out steering and spring/bag options
    will have a taller rear tire hopefully soon

els likes this.
  21. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

They're doing a great job . I'm certainly diggin' the old stroller .

els likes this.
  22. Stu D Baker

Stu D Baker
    from Illinois

Some really cool stuff!!!

els likes this.
  23. buss2.jpg buss1.jpg
    we set the front clip on to check out fender clearances and to see what the fenders looked like
    going to install 1/2 ton fenders soon, they will probably look better
    it still roles at this low height, and should be able to set within an inch from the ground
    thinking about a reverse tilt hood

24. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

How about cuttin down another same kind of hood, more narrow, to put on top of that one to make a one of a kind cowl hood of sorts or you could just make it a tall centered hood kind of like a the cowl hood., Let the cowl part hang back over the back of the hood to get closer to the windshield especially if you are thinkin of doing a flip forward........lookin good and sounding good with what you are doin without my .02 but anyway.......
    Just a thought, hope you dont mind my pitiful artwork,tryin to illustrate:rolleyes:
    buss1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    chryslerfan55, els and anthony myrick like this.
  25. thanks for the art work
    those hoods are hard to come by around here but I'm hoping to have multiple carbs poking thru the hood and exhaust just under the rear part of the fenders

els and low budget like this.
  26. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Sounds good, It does sorta seem like it needs something there, it will be cool either way.

els likes this.
  27. I got a tunnel ram but don't think it would like tugging this beast around

els likes this.
  28. IMAG1512.jpg DSC_0514.jpg

got the butt back on

enloe, deadbeat, rab71 and 1 other person like this.
  29. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Been awhile but lookin good, Not much happening since school is out I guess.
    I like the looks of the little kickback detail in the rear fenderwell.

els likes this.
  30. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Anthony, Well done! Your students are fortunate to have you as a teacher.
    I hope your principal gives you enough money to keep your program alive.
    When I was teaching, I would have loved to have your class load.:) Make sure you publicize your program to the community so that it won't be eliminated by your school board as a cost saving measure. In these days of disappearing high school vocational classes "PR" is crucial.

els likes this.