Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Adjusted the valves yesterday evening and found a mislocated valve cover gasket on the left side, was allowing a small oil seepage. Gotta stop @ parts store today and pick up a gasket. Then put the valve cover back on, and bolt on the wheels with slicks already mounted, then she's ready to go.

GAOldsman likes this.
  2. captmullette

captmullette

3. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Someone from the SFCC grab my shirt please :D

I wish I could make it but I've got to start cleaning up the $1,800 worth of damages my tenant who I just evicted left me this weekend. I'll be mowing, pressure washing, cleaning, vacuuming, drywalling, and painting the entire weekend. NOT looking forward to this at all, would much rather split and head to the track.

loudbang likes this.
  4. Good luck to you all! Be safe and have a blast. Hope to see some pictures and or video.

GAOldsman likes this.
  5. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Thanks for coming over and posting here Quain.We are not what you would call an "organized event"
    Just a fun bunch to hang out with and... run what ya brung! Dave,Im thinking again..."2015 RWYB 10th anniversary Dan Ross Memorial(thats how this started right?) featuring the SouthEast Gassers!
    Comments?

Quain Stott likes this.
  6. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

dave will they have racing fuel at the track season is over here in n. al. no one has any thanks Papa tom

7. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Papa Tom,not sure about the fuel,I know they are also having a reunion/race for the old Warner Robins Dragway the same day so its possible they will be selling gas too. Is that the 'vette I have seen at the Billetproof Drags in Lakeland in the past?

8. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

sure is a little different got a big block with a 6.71 blower looking forward to running with you folks fuel is no big deal just smells better

9. captmullette

captmullette

im gonna leave my junk at home.......

10. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

not that fast just a good time I have seen you run may be I need to stay at home

11. They sell an assortment of VP fuels there.

12. Kinda shot myself in the foot yesterday with a Mr Gasket fuel pressure regulator I had on hand and going the entire way with rubber :eek: :rolleyes: So this morning my better half was kind enough to swing me by the shop to fetch the coupe and halfway between there and here is a nice secluded 2 mile stretch of straight running. Low and behold it fell on it's face about second gear and 4 grand. :mad: So today I rounded up a Holley fuel pressure regulator and went about 80% of the way with hard tubing. Thrashed on that and took her for a stroll to fill up and test... Bingo. Back in business :cool: Now maybe I can make a decent pass....

See y'all at the track K:cool::cool:L

loudbang likes this.
  13. captmullette

captmullette

good........see you there.......

GAOldsman likes this.
  14. captmullette

captmullette

dave ....hope you've got a good coat for the drive...

15. Yes sir :cool:

16. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah Bobby, it's gonna be sorta cool for you FL boys, I guess, and when we get up Sun morning it's gonna be cold as a well digger's ass for ALL of us. BGII is on the trailer, strapped down and ready for the trip down.
    Papa Tom, I just called Ed Swearingen (the track owner/promoter) and yes the full line of racing fuel will be available I don't run enough compression to need racing fuel! My engine is a street engine with only 9.7:1 comp. ratio.

loudbang likes this.
  17. BAD A

BAD A

Well guys, got some bad news. We burnt up my tranny on the Dyno. Trying to squeeze, out a few extra horses. So we are out.

18. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Dang, Speedy, I'm really sorry to hear this. I've been looking forward to meeting you and getting a good look at that truck and it's powertrain. Oh well,there always next year.

19. Papa Tom

Papa Tom

thanks dave see you tomorrow

20. We are at the track see y'all in the Am

21. We had a good time back home now unpacked unloaded and the sedan is all cleaned up

22. captmullette

captmullette

home now myself great weekend , good people, killer food......enjoyed the race brad....I need to get with you on the rockers

23. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Man! I had a blast! Those of you who are reading this, but didn't come missed a great time. Lots of cars and lots of people. Yes, you had a little wait in the staging lanes with so many there, but not a long wait except when a friend of mine, from Griffin also, stuffed his sbc powered Fox Body Mustang in the wall and they had to clean up the mess.I ran at least 6 times and had time to run many times more, but I found BGII's got a few problems to sort out before she can perform to her potential best.
    The company, and the racing were great, and all who tried my son's BBQ seemed to enjoy it.
    Sat around the campfire till close to midnight, then went to bed and slept the good sleep till about 8::00 and got up to a beautiful, sunny, but cold morning.
    Stopped in Butler, GA on the way home for a good ham, egg, grits and biscuit breakfast @ "Miss Julia's" restaurant and we headed home.
    At my age I was tired once I got home, unloaded BGII from the trailer and put her away in the shop and took the trailer home, parked it and took necessary stuff inside. The rest can wait till the morrow, too tired to mess with it! I envy the energy of the younger guys, it'll be a week before I recover and get it all squared away!.

24. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

A Good Time Was had By All. Can't get better than that.

25. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

The big boys were taking pics. I didn't have a camera. Scott, or Jimmy had the cameras.

26. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I found a 46-48 Ford tudor on the way home, and you said you wanted a closed car to build. Interested? PM me a phone number the new HAMB calls it "start a conversation" now.

27. Great times were had, awesome food and amazing people I am honored to call my friends. :cool: Thanks again Jimmy for all you do brother.

A few pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]