Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. jt306

jt306

We're not gonna make it either. I have already made a comment to SEG to run with them.

2. jt306

jt306

Oh I also paid for two event t-shirts, please just give them out as prize or to some deserving Hamb members.

3. BAD A

BAD A

We are still planning on coming. Hope you guys are not going to the gasser event, because you heard the BAD A was coming. TO RUN WHAT YA BRUNG.:):):D

tylercrawford and GAOldsman like this.
  4. captmullette

captmullette

they get paid to show ?.....sounds like a job instead of fun......at Atlanta they wouldn't let their times be posted......??

5. See you guys at the Silver Dollar wooooo - can't wait.

6. Yep the tracks pay them to put on a show. I think that would be the best job ever ;) They never post times. Some are slower than others so they pair them up as to make a close race.
    Me either Josh, this is gonna be a blast! Woooooo!

Quain Stott likes this.
  7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm aware that they get paid to show, and although I prefer not to divulge anything here, I know how much. My thoughts are to get some of the guys who have pics and video of them running in their events to send the pics and video to Ed to look at the show they put on and the crowd they draw.
    I sincerely believe that with the right promotion from the track, an event of nothing but SEG and hot rods doing nostalgia drags and show, would bring in a profitable gate.
    I'm fairly sure some of the other events run at Silver Dollar get paid.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
    Quain Stott likes this.
  8. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Lots of tracks pay groups or match race guys to show up,it jacks up the gate receipts if the event is promoted correctly.Fantastic idea Dave! Maybe next year,tie the SEG's and the 10th Annual RWYB togather,could make for a huge day!Not to mention a good day for Ed as well.All we need now is a good PR rep,say someone who is building a gasser and will be at a SE Gasser event this weekend to put the wheel in motion! Know anybody?(wink,wink,nod,nod)

Quain Stott likes this.
  9. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah(wink, wink, wink,wink) know somebody who is gonna be @ Greer this weekend who's building a gasser. Don't wnt to name any names, but his first name starts with a "T", and the make of his gasser under construction starts with a "D". And he is also a PC wizard who can easily perform the operation of electronicaaly gathering a bunch of pics and video of SEG in action, along with some crowd shots taken at their events and transmitting it to Ed and Dorothy Swearingen so they can take a looksee!
    Who knows maybe thru him it would be possible for me to transport he and an SEG official down to Reynolds over the winter if said official was already in metro ATL and willing to expand his visit to include a side trip to Reynolds.`
    Dang, Floater03, get the two of us on the same track and we're dangerous!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also, was buying groceries yesterday and bought a big bag of charcoal.
    YALL DON"T FORGET TO BRING CHARCOAL1111111111111

10. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm BAAACK!!!!!!!!! Just checked Accu-Weather mfor Reynolds and when the light rain we're getting around parts of GA clears out later today, no rain is forecast until Thur. 11/13/14 NEXT WEEK! Low At am about 44* High around 66*, mostly sunny- Low Sun. am 39*.
    So a little cold when those of us who camp for the night get up. But on the positive side, at least no rain anywhere even clos, and the gnats will be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!.

11. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Thats what im talkin about Dave! The flyer for Greer says grudge racing all day too,thats us!Throw in a car show(hot rods,customs,traditional),and a swap meet,hell,that would be a heck of an event! Maybe even find a club that would be interested in hosting,hit up the local communities/business's for sponser support...Whoa,Im getting light headed!You're right Dave,it's getting dangerous!

12. 48fordnut

48fordnut
    Member Emeritus

I have a 3/4 bag of charcoal. Now to fit it all in the roadster. :) see you soon.

13. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The biggest "fly in the gravy" to this idea is the fact that Ed & Dorothy have Silver Dollar Raceway for sale and prolly wouldn't want to obligate a paying event for when they might have moved on into retirement.

14. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

I understand that,Don't really know much about the costs involved versus the return.

15. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Guy's I,m so sorry that we made the mistake of putting our race on top of y'alls. My plate has been so full the last few years that I don't keep up with what's going on around me (someone told me about this thread today). We was worried about it getting to cold if we moved it too far forward. The track had the 8th set aside for a rain date. We had our race later in November the last few years and felt lucky to get it in so we moved it to the 1st and got rained out. I'm in full support of y'all deal and will help in any way I can. Some have talked about having them together, that's something we can talk about this winter it could be possible but in no way could I lose the Greer event. Again I very sorry and we will stay in contact to make sure it don't happen again. Quain Stott

loudbang likes this.
  16. captmullette

captmullette

thanks quain, hope ya'll have a good turnout........
    good idea dave........

loudbang and Quain Stott like this.
  17. Sounds good Quain :cool: We'll fare well enough like usual and have a decent turnout and more than enough fun than the law ought to allow ;) :D

Been thrashing on the coupe all day and it's about ready. I had an unexpected stick in the spokes with my fuel lines and fuel pressure regulator, but I got it all changed out from the tank to the carb. It is a temporary fix with rubber all the way until I can scrape up the dough to do it right. Changed the 710 after all of that and now tomorrow I will try to persuade my better half into taking me down to the shop so I can bring the Hoodlum home. Can't wait fellas :cool:

Quain Stott likes this.
  18. captmullette

captmullette

good deal scot.....whats a 710 ?

19. OIL upside down :D :D :D

20. Quain - That's really cool of you to come over and say that. Totally understand you guys rocking on and I hate I am going to miss your finals. I enjoy nothing more than watching you guys THRASH!!! It's the coolest thing ever. Gonna miss Tony too!!

The Reynolds Run What you Brung also holds a huge place in my heart. Nothing like the hospitality of the Silver Dollar and the good times that are had running and hanging with all the people that show up for that event. Like Scott said - It's more fun than the law should allow. HA HA!!!

See all you mullet heads in a couple days!! woooooo hooooooo

Redsled likes this.
  21. Quain Stott

Quain Stott

Thank's so much for understanding. I think the distance we are apart that it won't hurt ether of our fan count's. Let's just stay in touch to make sure it don't happen again next year. Again it's my fault for not doing my research.

Tudor and Redsled like this.
  22. BAD A

BAD A

Man had bad day all the way around. Making a few minor changes to BAD A. Then it started missing. And the tranny stared leaking. My buddy Mike thinks he has the miss fixed. Bad connection on one of the, fuel injectors. I hope we have it fixed. the trans leak turned out to be the over flow tube. I had a tube on it, and vented it out the back of the truck. that way if I did have any blow by. it would not get under the tires. For whatever reason. The tube was blocked, and causing the fluid to puke at the trans. New tube tomorrow, install the tires. And we are ready to go.

23. I got all the shirts tagged, bagged and in the truck tonight. I will pick up the grill tomorrow. See you guys Saturday.
    Scott and Dave thanks for all the hard work.

Tudor likes this.
  24. Bad A. Put a MANual in and lets race

Just kidding. Hope you get her all together. The Can is getting prepped tomorrow and will be available for you to run behind. See you there brother.

GAOldsman likes this.
  25. Then there was

[​IMG]

See y'all there K:cool::cool:L

tylercrawford likes this.
  26. captmullette

captmullette

ima dummy....

27. Nah it was an inside joke, I didn't expect many to catch on ;)

Un día más!

Bobby Turner Sedan 1.jpg

28. Ya'll have a good time. I'm out for this year. I have too much going on to dedicate the weekend this time. I'm going to see SEG race Saturday and then use a long weekend to work around the house and on the wagon. It needs to make it to Florida with the family in a couple weeks. I sure was looking forward to a different venue and getting to know some more of ya'll. Party down, have fun, ............oh and don't forget that charcoal!

29. GAOldsman likes this.