Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. I enlarged the taillights a bit...Not sure how big they are so this might give you an idea one way or another

l lights.jpg

2. Thanks moose!
    I think the split window looks better than the one piece.
    I also think those corvette tailights look better on a corvette :)

The willys window looks to be a symmetrical oval, meaning top curve equals bottom curve.
    Is it much trouble to flatten the bottoms out some ( like the grey 37 buick sedan) maybe drag the outside corners down.

Incidentally, and totally irrelevant but I've discovered a very important "why" as to the manufactures use of split windows. With flat glass fit in a curved steel panel, the depth of the "tunnel" from skin to glass setting surface gets really deeeep. If the widow is 2 pieces one can move or "cant" each 1/2 and reduce the depth of the tunnel. It's so deep with 1 piece flat glass that it would be hard to stamp IMO.

3. perk30

perk30

Thanks Moose looks good. Can you make the flames a little lighter, more like ghost flames. I am amazed at what you can do with Photoshop. Thanks again.

4. perk30

perk30

Thanks Peanut 1959

5. How's this.....

model a ghost  flames.jpg

6. Modified rear window...
    31Vicky windowFlat.jpg

31Vicky with a hemi and madfish like this.
  7. tltony

tltony
    from El Cajon

Wow, ha ha, that's a pretty good look. I had thought of something similar before for the car in the past, but more of a T type fender, but those look bitchen. It's cool to be able to see it.
    Thanks a lot.
    Tony

8. perk30

perk30

Perfect Moose! That's what I was looking for. Thanks

9. Rustomiser

Rustomiser

47emeraldsmall.jpg
    I googled emerald green images and got quite a few. I hope this is something close to what you envisioned.

themoose likes this.
  10. Well Winzy, Rustomiser did such a great job with his rendering I thought I'd better update my version to your color choice.

chop and green.jpg

Rustomiser likes this.
  11. Winzy

Winzy

Wow you nailed the color themoose thank you

12. Thanks moose!
    How about a few more choices for taillights? What ever you think you might like.

13. crob1

crob1
    from Colorado

This thread is so cool. Moose, you and the other Photoshop gurus are amazing.

14. To be honest I've tried a number of tail light options and the ones that I think look the best are the ones that you supplied on the above version. Everything else seemed to detract form the nice lines of the car. I don't think that the taillights need to make a statement on their own but should play well with the other components....After all you don't want the trumpet to drown out all of the other instruments in the orchestra. The only time the taillights need to make a statement on their own is when your on the brakes. :)That being said as you know you're the one who needs to like them above all else so I've tried a couple of other styles for you to take a look at. If you see something else that you think would work post the and well give them a look. 31Vicky windowFlat lights2.jpg 31Vicky windowFlat lights3.jpg

15. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

Could you remove the "Flying A" decal from the door?
    [​IMG]

16. Maybe I'll just mount some bullet shaped units on the frame horns and leave the body alone:) I can't find much that works and that's probably because tailights aren't supposed to go there in that tail pan.
    But If I could make my own ????
    image.jpg

17. madfish

madfish

31 roadster.jpg

18. Autodave

Autodave
    from Menifee,Ca

19. Daniel Clifford

Daniel Clifford
    from Australia

I'd really appreciate if someone could do something with this, maybe lowered with a couple of inches taken out of the roof, a metallic green paint job and some steelies with hubcaps, or even a gasser.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  20. green.jpg

Rustomiser likes this.
  21. Moose, can you move the back window down some ?
    Maybe 55 chevy parking lights
    These would be reversed left and right narrow to the outside on the car.
    Then I need to learn how make the lenses red:)

image.jpg

I also saw these on the google images but have no idea what they are from. Very cool though sort of bulbous

image.jpg image.jpg

22. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

They kinda look like 39 Hudson....

23. I think maybe 39 Plymouth
    image.jpg image.jpg

24. Daniel Clifford

Daniel Clifford
    from Australia

25. atomickustom

atomickustom

I really need to paint my car. Problem is, I can't figure out what color? Could I please see what my car would look like in an ivory and in a champagne gold?

I'm open to other color suggestions but the interior is lipstick red and off-white with black carpet and dash, which limits my choices, and I don't want it black.
    I can download a higher-res photo if these are too small?
    Thank you in advance! The work that goes on in this thread is just incredible.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  26. Here's the 55 Chevy and google version with a lower rear window..
    55 lens.jpg ebay.jpg

27. Barn Hunter

Barn Hunter

28. Bansmaniac

Bansmaniac

Hey guys!

Been looking at your work for quite a while - You guys rock!!!
    I dable a bit myself but not near the "black-belt" skills of moose, james D and others.
    A friend of mine asked me to make his car glossy brown.
    Anyone care to take a stab at it?
    FL.jpg