Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. ^^^ Finally got ahold of Burnout and he is not going to make it this go round. :( Has anyone heard from Tim (Stewed)???

2. MoparTobi

MoparTobi
    from Macon, Ga

How is the Swap Meet portion of this event? Looking for 1935 wires and a few odds and ends for my banger!!!

3. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Tobi, unfortuneately the swap meet end of this event hasn't been all that great. Very few vendors show up at all, even though there is no vendor's fee, and no limitation on space used. Just pay the general admission of ten bucks and first come first served on space and location.
    More of the swap meet stuff is brought as an aside by racers than anyone else. But hey, you're in Macon? It ain't far to Reynolds, come on over, circulate and ask around. Never can tell who might have what at home they didn't bring!

4. MoparTobi

MoparTobi
    from Macon, Ga

I plan on coming, I was just wondering about the "swap meet". Maybe I can find what I need at the meet in Moultrie, Ga this year.

5. captmullette

captmullette

enjoyed the visit scot and thanks for towing jody back to the pits, also sorry again about the tires, my bad, by the way we changed the 4 link some more and jody said I needed to burn out a little better, and differently,trans was a quart low, , after all that, I went from a 8.18 to a 7.48.....also my burnout on that last run my left side tire did not spin....guess my posi is going out and it was cold as crap

6. MoparTobi you may also want to check the Perry Swapmeet on the 14th & 15th at the fairgrounds.

Dang Bobby take one step forward and two back :eek: Was that 7.48 was the best of the weekend for you? No worries about the tires brother, it was worth it to get out and hang with good people and watch quite a few passes :cool:

7. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bobby, are you running a cluch type posi? or what? Mine is aTrack Lock or something like that, it's much like a Detroit Locker, just a little less noisy and somewhat smoother. Sorta aggravating in that when driving in town and turning to the right from a stop sign, if you get just a little bit of a hurry it's gonna spin the inside tire in the turn. But it can't slip, as it's got dog clutch, sorta like a ratchet. If you don't bust the whole dang thang it ain't and can't slip once it locks.

8. BAD A

BAD A

Do the gates still open at 11:00? And what time do we start racing? Just trying to figure out what time, we need to leave to get their. And I hope we get to race, until 4 or 5 in the evening.

9. Gates open at 10 and track will be ready for us at 12.

10. Shirts are in. However the NO8 should have been NO9. He can not get them remade before Saturday.Please give me feedback ASAP! IMG_5125.JPG

11. The shirts were delivered tonight. When I got home I looked them over and found that the design had No.8 still on it instead of No.9. I called him and he cant get them remade before Saturday. What are your opinions on this?

Attached Files:

12. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

Run with it, call it the race to back up your time from last year....

Redsled likes this.
  13. drtybiker

drtybiker
    from florida

It is run what ya brung so RUN WHAT YA GOT......

14. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Jimmy, not your fault on the 8 vs 9. Far as I'm concerned go with these, as the datye is correct.

Redsled likes this.
  15. thunderplex

thunderplex

X2

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  16. It's all good Jimmy
    [​IMG]
    Days to go

17. No big deal on the shirts for me. The purpose of them and shoes is so you can get service o_O

18. captmullette

captmullette

it's all good scot....I had a ball reguardless.....yep 7.48 my best befor that was 7.39 at shadyside, probably a little shady.....lol

19. captmullette

captmullette

the shirts are fine.......does anybody keep getting these ads ?

20. Great pic of the Hoodlum Brad :cool: Thanks for covering up my mug :D

Bobby what browser are you using? I don't get the ads because I use Firefox with adblocker plus.
    I like getting serviced :D So the shirts are fine :cool:

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I'm using Microsoft 7 browser and not getting any ads either, but I do have some sort of pop up blocker, I think.

22. My ex wife is a pop up blocker

23. A sneak peek of the trophies. I hope they turn out good.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Far wood, fat lighter and paper plates - Check
    Few more coats of stain and put the finishing touches on trophies - asap
    Check coupe fluids, fan belt, tar pressure, u-joints, etc - asap
    Load truck with all of check list - asap
    Get coupe here from there - asap

Redsled likes this.
  24. captmullette

captmullette

dammit...... im laughing my ass off....I just realized I was married to one also......outta here

25. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. Then there was

[​IMG]

tylercrawford likes this.
  27. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

The SEG Finals at Greer was postponed til this Sat.! Thats gonna hurt.

28. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Yeah, we're losing at least one regular attendee from the Sock Fuckers to the SEG event. Dogpatch has decided to go to Greer for their finals. Sorta understand, 'cause he's working his ass off building a gasser to run with them. They do put on a helluva show. Wish we could get them down to RWYB next year, think I'll get Tony to feel out what it would take to get them down here next year.

29. They (SEG) get paid to show, so that would be out unless they or some of them show up on their own.

30. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Yea,Iunderstand too Dave & Scot. Maybe next year if nothing else,Tony can get some of them to do some test and tune runs if it doesn't conflict with there race schedule.