Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. 1414697806913.jpg WTH is everyone?

Anywho I got the far wood Dave

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  2. captmullette

captmullette

damn nice scot, im a logger just in from coos bay Oregon, headed to sdr tomorrow, got your tires ill call, ill be there until Monday morning ought to be fun in the 1/4 sat. with 20 mph winds........yeeeeeehaaaaaa

3. Thanks Bobby. Give me a shout when you get in town brother.

A quick check and yup the far wood does like it ought to... ;)

4. Oops forgot da pic... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

The oak firewood I intended to get from a neighbor hasn't worked out as yet. Sorta keeping a eye out. Griffin has lots of trees, prides itself on it. Lots of tees usually means lots of broken limbs at curb waiting for city pickup, easy pickings when you find it.

6. captmullette

captmullette

hope it's a little warmer next week.......

7. Yup should be a hoot Bobby :eek: TWC is reporting 25 mph sustained winds with gusts into the 30 mph range :eek:

Dave if we burn all of the wood I plan to bring, then it'll be time to hit the sack or just wait for the rooster to start crowing. :D

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just checked accuweather extended forecast. Prediction is low Sat am of 52, high Sat. 67, possible shower.

9. BAD A

BAD A

Yes, if the rain holds off. Sorry. I have not been on in a while. Having lots of test done. Just found out. I am going to need, knee surgery. It is scheduled for nov 11th. Plus when me & my buddy Mike, were going over the truck. Getting it ready, for the event. We found the oil cooler, was leaking. So did some checking around. And found out. If I am not road racing the engine. The cooler is not necessary. So I removed it. All is good now, truck is ready to go. Ready for the punch, from can of worms in the 1/4, and the punch thru the 1/8 from Tyler's FED. Just been a bad couple of weeks. Plus my work put me out on, an FMLA. So I have been, out of work for over 2 weeks now. So we are really looking forward to, this event. Since I will be out of commission, for several weeks. After the surgery.:eek::eek::(:(

10. Glad to hear you're still in Speedy and sorry to hear of all the recent issues. Here's to a speedy recovery after the surgery Speedy.
    Now Dave there are children present, there is no sense in using the four letter "R" word :eek:

11. BAD A

BAD A

12. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad you are getting things in order there Speedy. The damn shingles threw me for a loop, but I'm just about fully recovered now. Should finish my driveshaft loop tomorrow or Sunday, then adjust the valves. Don't know if I'll get to the line loc or not, but starting line pad at Silver Dollar is concrete, smooth and level, not worn out and rutted asphalt like the right lane at Paradise, and I shouldn't have so much trouble either rolling thru or back out of the lights.

13. Great pic of the Can Brad :cool:

That's right guys and gals, seven days till Run What Ya Brung. Hope ya brought enough ;)

14. Just brought to my attention the tech card will run $25 this year to race instead of the advertised $20. Sorry for any inconvenience, but if you are ready for a fun day at the track $5 extra shouldn't make or break you.

I understand this has been the normal price throughout the entire year. Looking forward to seeing everyone there and meeting new friends as well. 7 days till go time guys and gals

15. BAD A

BAD A

Yep that is one cool coupe.

16. Had a great time hanging out with Bobby and Mr. Blalock out of Commerce with a '49 Hudson out at Silver Dollar Raceway. I hate that Mr. Blalock sheared his high $ aluminium driveshaft clean into. :eek: And that Bobby got put out of the 1st round of eliminations :( Still had a great time despite all of the wind.

17. Not many pics taken by me but here is a decent one of Bobby's sedan and the Hudson in the background along with a pic of the carnage.

Attached Files:

18. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Its looking like I'll only be available for a foot race :(

I've got the source of my blow-by problem down to the heinous cylinder wall in #1 and #2 in my block.

Apparently I let some alcohol sit up in the cylinder once for awhile and it rusted my bore . . . got a nice ridge in there. Gonna try and hone it this week but its not looking super good right now. If it doesn't clean up well then I'm out as far as bringing the dragster is concerned . . . not gonna waste a set of rings and bearings for some junk that will come back apart when I get home.

19. Sorry to hear that Tyler.

20. Summit has Dart blocks on the shelf ;)

21. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bad news Tyler, and yes methanol is quite corrosive, requiring extra care on shutdowns.
    My only first hand experience with the stuff was on racing go karts, and we all had a method of running gasoline thru the whole system, including actually running the engine on gasoline for final shutdown at the close of that events racing. Some guys actually sprayed WD40 into the air intake with the engine running as it burned out the gasoline. Myself I'm not a big fan of WD40 for.rust protection, preferring a more oily spray.
    Shameless plug for Amsoil here in that they have a "foggong spray" intended for that purpose on power equipment shut down after the season of use before storage.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  22. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Just checked accu-weather forecast for Sat. 11/02/14 in Reynolds, GA and am low of 45*-High63*, partly sunny with previous possible showers now removed from forecast. :)

23. I surely hope someone brings pickles

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

"NOTICE"
    We request that individuals who are going to be within 100 or so miles and are so "p^$$y whupped" they can't come to the event, PLEASE REFRAIN FROM CLUTTERING UP THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. BAD A

BAD A

Sorry to here about the trouble, with the FED. But it is better to take your time, & fix it right. You can always kick my butt some other time. And with me having knee surgery, on the Tuesday after the event. I would be no good at all, in a foot race.:)

26. BAD A

BAD A

MAN THAT SOUNDS GREAT. my buddy Mike, & my oldest grandson Kolt. Are coming with me & the wife.