Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 302 Ford dowel pins

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coololdcars, Oct 30, 2014.

1. I can't find where there are any dowel pins for the heads on a rebuilt 302 I have. Can I get by without them?????

2. craftscustoms

craftscustoms

If I remember right, they are rings instead of pins. They go on the lower corners of the heads and block. I would not go without

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

4. rjaustin421

rjaustin421

The dowels are absolutely necessary on not only the 302 but any engine that has them. They are available, do an internet search for Ford 302 Cylinder head or block dowels and you will find a lot of vendors, The company that used to dominate the market for specialized engine parts such as these was Pioneer Automotive products. They never sold direct to the end user but in today's internet world who knows??? Undoubtedly they will be available, perhaps from a local custom engine machine shop

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    loudbang likes this.

5. squirrel

squirrel

a machine shop should have them...

6. Ok, I saw there were some recessed areas around the outside head bolts, I guess thats where these rings need to be. And are they avail. at the local parts store???

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

If not, like Jim said, try your local machine shop. They have probably removed and saved a bunch of these.

Don

8. 65COMET

65COMET

I bought a box full at my local NAPA store! ROY.

loudbang likes this.