Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Run What Ya Brung Nostalgia Drags- Reynolds, GA Nov 8,2014

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirty old man, May 30, 2014.

1. captmullette

captmullette

dave, a mechanic friend is going to give me one when he gets back in town next week, I talked to my friend jody who built the motor in ' 85 he loosend all the rockers when he put it up in storage but they still had pressure on them ive only got 1 race left this year and RWYB so ill be o.k.. ive got a set of crower springs I may change em befor RWyB

2. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Sounds good if you're sure about their pressure and also, watch out for coil bind. What kind of lift do you have on the cam in engine?

3. Bobby Turner and Tyler Crawford please let me know what color you wanted on shirts? I cant seem to find it and shirt company is needing to know. Jimmy

4. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

What are the choices? I didn't know I had options . . . :D

5. Black and gold or gray with the blue!

"Dave I got the air bag setup working on the wagon today. Console, shifter clean engine and put tag on it and take it for a drive tomorrow afternoon."

6. captmullette

captmullette

jimmy, i'll take 1 of each color......thanks

7. Tyler, Black and gold or gray with the blue!

8. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Glad you got it straightened out Jimmy, electric gremlins can be tough to find sometimes.

9. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Put me down for Gray with blue, thanks

10. done!

11. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Bump for the afternoon guys.

12. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Scot,any word on how big of a crowd the WR drag guys are anticipating?

13. From the facebroke page, it looks to be one heck of a convoy *if* they all show that is.

14. Went by Reeves today in hopes of procuring a free Dyno run to give away again this year, but the owner Steve wasn't there. I did however run into Jim (48fordnut) while I was there. Anywho I am awaiting a phone call from Steve to see whether or not he will donate again this year or not. I would like to do this myself and I know Bobby has mentioned the same thing.

The truth is these hometown speed shops are hurting for business and have been like everyone else has since the economy crash of 2008. It would surprise me if in fact he goes ahead with the Dyno donation. That doesn't matter, but what does matter is that we support our hometown speed shops, dragstrips and the like every chance we get. Once they are gone....... You know the rest.

loudbang likes this.
  15. captmullette

captmullette

good try scot.........i agree... tires loaded, as it stands now ill be in Reynolds this weekend....stay tuned

16. Sounds good Bobby. Give me a ring when you get close. ( Four 7 Eight ) 8 Three 2 - Three 5 Four o

17. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

RWYB_2014_flyer_v2.jpg Bump for the morning crowd. Just in case anyone is following this thread and thinking about showing up to run,it is $10 to get in the gate and $10 to race. Didn't know if the flyer had people confused.

18. Yea I guess we should've put an "OR" between the rod caps :)

19. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

You, know, it never even occurred to me to take the "$20 to race" as to be on top of admission, but I guess it could be read that way.

20. Less Than

[​IMG]

Days Guys & Gals

K:cool::cool:L

21. Day 10 is roundin the corner with day 9 on his heels....

[​IMG]

22. captmullette

captmullette

23. Thanks Bobby :D

Yup 10 knocks out the other two and 9 swerves out of the way just in time to avoid the pileup :cool:

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

That #10 should be lettered #22, cause that's how I drove, LOL!
    Folks, don't forget charcoal for that big ol' grill Jimmy brings for us all to use, and you can use the space you didn't need for a gril to throw on a few sticks of firewood.

25. captmullette

captmullette

charcoal..... got it......

26. [​IMG]
    Days to gooooooooooo

27. Great pic right there Brad :cool:

28. Speedy you still in brother?