Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1934 Ford Tudor Sedan Seats?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jmdrake, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Im doing a complete restoration on my 1934 Ford and its time to choose what seats I will use. Does anyone have some suggestions as to what make, model and year of car seat will fit in a 34?
    Thanks

2. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

2008-2010 Honda Accord 4 door fit perfect and are old looking if you remove head rest.

3. In this case, I would suggest 1934 Ford sedan seats. ;)

MAD 034 and clem like this.
  4. clem

clem

For a restoration ?

5. His '34 is not a restoration.

Curious, do these seat tip forward, being from a 4dr originally?

6. DeucemanLt1

DeucemanLt1

He said he was restoring. Why do you say he isn't, are you a mind reader?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have a gennie rear seat wood frame for the backrest. PM me if you're interested.

Ed Angel likes this.
  8. fordcpe

fordcpe

9. No, just saw some of his other posts previously.

10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Sorry, I misread your post. No, Honda seats won't work for a restoration. Original seats are not hard to find from Hot Rodders. I see them at Pomona all the time. They need work to be comfortable but are correct for your application.

11. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

I don't have any original take outs at the moment but I often have them so if your not in a hurry check in with me from time to time. Your asking for what years will fit in your car so I'm guessing that its a loose restoration and not being graded for being original? If your looking for something comfy and close to original in looks when upholstered check out our new 33 /34 Ford winged seats. Follow the link below...

12. Sorry Guys, I used the wrong terminology. Im not restoring the car to original, It was rodded very poorly about 30 years ago and I'm redoing everything properly.
    I think the Honda seats are probably just what I need. I went to Goodguys a couple of months ago and talked with another 34 owner that used some Hyundai seats but, I forgot to ask what year and model they came out of.

13. Thanks for the tips Guys, I will chase some of them down!

14. 47ragtop

47ragtop

Bucket seats from a mid 60's T-bird are perfect for a 33/34 2 door. The drivers side is often power as well. These are the seats from cars with the wrap around rear seats. I had a set in a 33 2 door years ago and I loved them. They are the right height and width and have folding backs for rear seat entry. The newer seats have head rests and look street" roddie" to me.