Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1932 Ford Cabriolet

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by AULIZ, Jun 16, 2014.

1. AULIZ

AULIZ

I sold 2 of my hot rods and now have bought new project from CA. Car is 1932 ford cabriolet. I was not so interested in cab, but some of my friends turned my head and maybe that was good investement for next hot rod project.

car is old 60´s hot rod.

Have somebody 1932 ford cabriolet hot rod pictures?
    Im interested in to see different height tops and windshield frames.

Aulis
    Finland

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Just do a Google image search You will be able to study the differences. Just bear in mind that the person posting the picture may not be correct in the labeling of the make and model. [​IMG]

kiwijeff likes this.
  4. AULIZ

AULIZ

You´r right.

Need to chop frame and top when car arrive to Finland.
    these two are rather good looking cabriolet deuces:

aulis

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.

5. lucas doolin

lucas doolin

Except photo #2 is a deuce roadster, NOT cabriolet. Just saying.

6. AULIZ

AULIZ

You´r right. I was attached wrong pic,... I mean this pic , black fendered.
    Brown one is my next winter project.

Aulis

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  7. riccard81

riccard81
    from Sweden

Good luck with the new project.
    It will be very good!

So you got the fendered roadster sold..?!? You said to me that the engine was broken and just junk.. But you promised me that I could buy the roadster when it was fixed... But is this the one you now will sale to me instead??

/Rickard

8. AULIZ

AULIZ

1932 Cab arrived yesterday to Finland and I drive it home 200miles.
    Runs great and hard to belive how good condition body, fenders, runningboards etc are.
    No rust at all.

Need to adjust those old 97 carbs, learn Nash Twin-8 distributor etc. before winter and snow is coming.
    1932-33 studebarker roaster SW gauges work good, and car was even better than I expected.

Maybe not "cut" windshield frame, and not shop top. Too good car to change it too much.
    60´s hot rod, interior brown truck´n´roll, cromed pedals, steering column (39 deluxe) etc.
    Cylinderheads are made by ex.owner. He cast 3pc and now I have one "semi-ready" head in my working room and I bolt it on the wall. Maybe needs better camshaft, I have 3-4 old cams waiting for use.

Original rear must open and change 3.25:1 ring and pinion, make all machinery jobs what that change needs and drop springbrackets, so that frame/body is 2.5-3" lower than now. Car was very good to drive, original steering box feels good when have speed 60-70miles hour.

Aulis
    Finland

Attached Files:

kiwijeff likes this.
  9. agshelby

agshelby

Wow - that is quite a find. Congratulations !

10. I like cabs.....I have a guy in our club with a gnarly old 32 cab survivor rod too. His is not chopped either, but it does have a cowl relief to lay it back a bit. It's bad ass. EDIT- actually was told that yes, it is chopped. 2 or 3 inches. Will have to see if I can dig up some pictures. So chopped, and leaned. Sorry.

So what's up with the heads? Any info as to who made them ? Dunno' if you want to divulge your seller's name......or maybe he was the owner before the last? Interesting. Nice score on the cab.

11. 1947vert

1947vert
    from Minnesota

Very nice score. I like your plan for it. Drive it as if you stole it!!!

12. AULIZ

AULIZ

Hello,
    Thanks. I was first think that I chop same 2-3" , but I like how it is. There is brown Truc´n´roll interior and brown fenders, so maybe if I use fenders while looks more better with original heigh top? Car is so unbelieeble condition, that I just fix paint problems and keep it like this include all patina,.... This winter is coming bigger project, which takes nearly all of my resources.It takes 3-4weeks more, when my 1940 panel delivery is arrive to Finland. I buy that from CA too, but car is originally from Pennysylvania and not 100% rustfree + 8ba engine , brakes,..are project condition.

Heads are EWH (Ernie W. H.) and made to 21bolt Flathead. This engine is 1937 and seller (older rodder) made those heads long long time ago. I asked before bought car "who has made those heads, I didn´found any info from Google. He answered "Aulis, do not try to find there. I made only those 3pc long time ago. There is 3 heads with car, 2 bolted on and one extra, if You need some day.

Distributor is Twin8 Nash and there is 90dec angle mounting bracket with distr.
    Intake old Thicstun PM7 and same brand 2carb aircleaner.

I was dream that I buy that kind of distributor some day, but prices are something "not from this world". I have had some years Eelco 24-bolt Twin Plug heads waiting for distributor.
    This 21bolt twinplug engine is more rare and specially why car comes from man who made those heads,.... He also made those lakesters with mufflers inside. There is ceramic coating over headers.

This winter "mainproject" is this 1940 and before it I have one 1929 Tudor (customer´s car) "under construction". Need to change, engine, tranny, hydr.brakes, increase 1932-kmember, boxing plates etc.

Aulis

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    kiwijeff and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. v-v

v-v
    from Finland

Looks fine!

14. Sweet look ride...

15. Asphalt Demon

Asphalt Demon
    from Australia

those heads are awesome!johnny

16. Glad it arrived and hope you enjoy it. I'm having a ball with mine!

17. cool, saw the 40 when i was out in cali in june.

18. PRIMER STUDIO

PRIMER STUDIO
    from Bozeman,MT

Love your cabriolet. Hope to own one someday.

19. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thank You Sirs.
    I need to sell 2 Roadster to get Cabriolet and for my hot rod shop panel delivery.
    I opened Autolite-Nash twin-8 distributor and Ernie (ex. owner) was installed there Ingitor elecr.modules.
    One positive suprise again. I was order for this car 3.25:1 ring and pinion. It takes 3-4days to fit it inside of orig. 32 rear, but now I desided o leave rear end like it is. Runs great 60-70miles/h and very quiet, no extra backlash,....
    Maybe turn ends or turn backing plates bolt circle to the horizontal or only change rear spring. I have one orig. 32 rear spring which main leaf (we say here in finland = norra) is turned, so rear drops approx. 1"-1.5".

some detail pics.

I have never seen as good original 32 V8 radiator like this !

Aulis

Attached Files:

rexrogers and kiwijeff like this.
  20. chiro

chiro

Just...Holy Crap.

21. Mart

Mart

Great car, Auliz, Ernie is a very talented guy, even if he did name it his "shit box" LOL

Mart.

Andy likes this.
  22. That's Ernie Hammons Old Car

23. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Best of both worlds, open or closed car with the benefit of windup windows.

24. You got that right,,great looking car. HRP

25. AULIZ

AULIZ

Thank You, I like it too.
    This is first time I have bought hot rod which is not junk or something like that.
    Normally need to work one long winter before start engine up and test drive, but this car I drive up to home from South-Finland when car was arrived country.

Yes, its Ernie´s ex. car. I had big plan to piece car and make it 40s style hot rod using own vision, but
    I like all that patina,... Cabriolet looks also good if chop top 2-3".

Aulis

26. AULIZ

AULIZ

Im welding my 1940 panel delivery, but one week ago I changed rear spring to my 1932 cabriolet.

Last winter I bought that spring for future projects. Ends are turned and same time somebody has forged all leafs little more straight. First time easy to install rear spring and feels very good, not too hard.

Bushings are junk and before driving season I need to lathe new leadbrass -flanged pushings.
    Im selling bearings to industry (dayjob), so material was "sample priced" for me.

Cabriolet looks now very much better. Rear is3" lower than earlier with Original spring.
    Patch panels I have made new and door panels are nearly ready too. Original panels were so bad condition (wet).

AULIS

Attached Files:

27. AULIZ

AULIZ

Now changed another front axle to cabriolet. Drilled 48/4" P&J axle and 1940 Ford brakes are sold.

Okie Adams 50"/4" drop axle is now painted and installed + 1939 Lincoln brakes rebuilt and bolted in with new bearings etc. Same time I checked over 1940 rear brakes and adjust all corners. 40s houdaille shocks needed only little more oil and shorter "dog bones" after I have droped rear 2.5-3" lower as original.

Now car is that level where i want it to be.

AULIS

Attached Files:

28. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Looking good!
    Keep workin'
    Al