Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New united pacific 32 anyone buy one?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grahamsc, Jul 4, 2014.

1. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

Just wondering about the quality, and fit of the new bodies considering the $20,000 + price tag.

2. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

Got one in May thru Hot Rods and Custom Stuff in Escondido, CA. The quality of the body was fantastic, door gaps were really even and tight. The body probably costs less than buying an original and spending $$ bringing the old metal up to snuff...but it is a repop. UPacific has a fantastic array of pieces also, all seem to be high quality. However, it isnt $10,000.....try about double that.

1927graham likes this.
  3. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

he said 20k. Do you have any pictures? Would love to see it.

4. I'm sure you could google it and find what your looking for, or, google REALDEALSTEEL.com..they sell the bodies also. they also assemble the Dennis Carpenter '40 coupe as well as tri five chevy bodies. Tim

5. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

Thanks for the info mike.
    I figured that for Ford to put their stamp of approval on them they must be good, but with what I have seen and heard about some aftermarket body parts I was curious for an unbiased opinion.

6. thequietwon

thequietwon

United Pacific stuff is top quality. I have used their subrails & Sheetmetal parts and it was all excellent. I have got some stuff for other guys as well and they were all pleased with the quality...

7. Kevinsrodshop

Kevinsrodshop

I've seen one in the flesh (from the S0-Cal dealer in Spruce Grove). I was impressed.

8. Torana68

Torana68
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Australia

was chatting at work about these, just how close to original are they? Ive only seen photos.

9. swifty

swifty

If I lived in the States I'd have one but by the time you ship one to Australia you're looking at close to $30,000. A local shop had one and they were asking 30k. I looked at one at GNRS last year and where the top meets the rear quarters there was a big gap. Don't know if they've fixed that yet.

A shop local to me is assembling the Swedish 32-5w and it came flat packed and was about a foot high. They're talking 25k for a finished body.

need louvers ? likes this.
  10. Here is one missing 4"

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

11. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

Thats a nice looking body!!

12. 40Vert

40Vert

Built by Brizio for Edelbrock using the UP Body.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1404602759.950816.jpg

13. It belongs to a friend, the quality is top notch.

14. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I have seen several in the shops in LA. They all look great to me! Edelbrock's coupe is a true knockout for most who see it. Walden has built a beauty for SEMA and the Kennedy Boys have chopped a couple for SO-CAL. All bodies original or reproduction require lots of work to make them paint ready but you would be way ahead of the game with a reproduction from UPI. My 2 cents.

photo.jpg
    This is the Walden SEMA coupe that was on one of their chassis and was perfect in detail and metal work.$$$$$$$$

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  15. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I still can't forget Ford putting their 'stamp' on the 'glass Model A roadsters with the Pinto drive trains.
    Since then, I always wonder who was sitting in the CEO chair when that decision was made.

falcongeorge likes this.
  16. DD COOPMAN

DD COOPMAN

The Ford "stamp" is not an "atta-boy" from Ford as to design and quality. It's an expensive licensing agreement permitting the reference to, and using the name of Ford (as in:1932 "Ford"), without fear of Ford's legal dept big boys paying a visit to the user of Ford's name. DD

LOU WELLS, rer_239 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  17. Keither

Keither

I have one but are still collecting parts. It came with cowl vent, garnish mouldings and all the little pieces except window regulators and all the wood installed. Door gaps are good but not great. The 4" slice is right up my alley. Got most of what I have planned for it so it will be a winter job, but will start the chassis in September.

18. We have swaped the doors and the windscreen frame with the ones from our original 5 window and they are a perfect match. New32CoupeBody20.jpg

19. MAD 034

MAD 034
    from Washington

That red 5W is very cool.

falcongeorge likes this.
  20. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I am putting a hole new floor from united in my original body. So far it is working very well, accept for my dedication of time in the shop. Every part that I have purchased has been spot on and fit like original. Thank god they were able to produce these parts in time of my purchase of this channeled body.

Attached Files:

21. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I feel I should chime in here. I bought a body and took delivery in Jan. After I bragged about the quality previous to getting my body I was a bit disappointed with mine. The overall sheet metal was straight with good door and trunk fit. My complaint was where the top was welded to the 1/4s and where the cowl was welded together. Those areas were very rough and uneven. When I called UP I spoke with the man in charge and he acknowledged that he does not inspect every body and that about the time mine was built they were having some welder problems. I asked him why my body did look like like the bodies I had looked at at the Nats and LARS and he did not have a reply. I think my body was an isolated incidence that slipped through the cracks. I have since seen several bodies produced later in the year and the quality was good. I moved my body down the road and am hoping to try again later. There is a company that is going to stock them in the area and I will wait until I can inspect before I buy.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  22. rexrogers

rexrogers

I spoke with Dave at UPAC yesterday they are moving the assembly of the car to Long Beach I think that way they will have better control over the finished product. We just became a dealer for the complete bodies and ordered our first one it should be here in 8 weeks. I have purchased just about every other part for the coupe and I have been very impressed with how the parts fit and line up with the original bodies. these new panels that we have gotten in have helped get 4 original 32 5 window back out on the road, wear as before we would have had to piece them together and make two cars out of the 4. I am slowly getting parts for my personal 5 window from them one piece at a time is my budget, it will be good to get a complete body in the shop we are going to chop the car 4" i will post that project when we get going on it, it will kinda be nice to chop a new body and not have to spend the time doing all the rust repair first.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  23. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Delighted to read that the bodies/parts work so well with interchanges with Gennies!

I worked on 356 Porsches for years, those cars were fitted/assembled one at a time. I ran into Coupes with door length variances to 3/8" (6 mm!)
    (This was synonymous with WWll German tanks, Panzers/Tigers. Field repairs were difficult, as parts couldn't be merely replaced...Our U.S. Shermans were 'retro-friendly', because parts were interchangeable with other Shermans)

The Deuce body is out of the window in my $$ allotment, but it is what I'd do without question.
    I'm sure I'll get my chance to 'massage' one or two, though.
    I marvel at the concept...and the outcome.

24. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

I see coupe bodies offered by AMC...American Muscle Car on Ebay......are these
    the same we are talking about ??? OR ???? Good / Bad ????? I've always been
    curious ????

25. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Those are Brookville Roadster company, and a 3 window. United only makes the 5 window.

26. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

BIG DUECE......Thanks, have always wondered

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I have looked at these at L.A.R.S. and G.N.R.S. a couple of times, and just can't get past the gaps and attachment techniques used at the rear of the roof and at the front pillars. With a rear roof gap like that on a prepared body for a major sales event, how bad is the one that would be unloaded at your house? If they can solve this mess, I think this would be a nice piece. At L.A.R.S. I walked a couple of booth spaces down and saw the Swedish built 5 window bodies and must say I much more impressed with them.

28. No shit ? Swedish built ? Is there a name, for those ? I've never heard of these. These threads kill me. My little parts pile needs a kick in the butt, and realistically...a new body may not arrive in it for me....but I can always read about 'em.

29. big duece

big duece
    from kansas