Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The 2014 Revival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Ryan submitted a new blog post:

The 2014 Revival

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Eric H and seatex like this.
  2. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

That says it all!

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice coverage, again, much like the "Jewel" entry but with that twisted "thing" you seem to do quite often. And I say that (type that?) with all due props. So we got the impression from you of the Jewel, but past that which car really rolled your socks in a wad? Of course it's not possible to pick only 1 but usually an event like this leaves a mark in the memory so which was it? BTW, thanks for the coverage, you and the others as well. With the date so close to Hershey and time being as hard to manage as money I can only see like this right now.

DaveC28 likes this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Pick one? Hell yeah, I can do that:

[​IMG]

5. BLAKE

BLAKE

Condemned to Hell by a Mobtown nun... (sigh).

Great shots, my man!

Ryan and lothiandon1940 like this.
  6. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Went to a Catholic grade school. Mean mean women. But I must admit, I sent my kids to the same school.
    Great pics thanks. Killer Riv!

7. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Ryan,
    You and Blake should get an eastern hot rod and drive from Texas.

Ago

Ryan and BLAKE like this.
  8. seatex

seatex

Once again excellent coverage! Now, I'm sure you two are well aware that the road to repentance begins at the confessional, so you need to get the rest of the story off your chest before the guilt eats you both alive. You and said attorney both know that the attempted running down of a woman of Habit (intentional or not) was only the beginning of your misguided and debaucherous two man crime wave perpetrated upon the East Coast. So please, do share........................confession is good for the soul.................
    upload_2014-10-1_8-15-44.jpeg upload_2014-10-1_8-15-44.jpeg

gwhite and BLAKE like this.
  9. I see what you did there, hahaha. Good stuff!

10. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

What a weekend !! So much incredible stuff up there. Hats off to Steve Coonan, Curt Iseli, Michael, Stella , Audrey and the rest of The Rodders Journal staff and the Street Survivors for making a 1,600 mile drive one way so justified. Perfect weekend and great having all my Texas Bros in the hood up there.

11. HelmuthBrothers

HelmuthBrothers
    from New Jersey

Beautiful photos Ryan. Did you shoot with the cinestill film or digital?

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

13. Well, you were riding in Satan's chariot with him...

Great pics and story!

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

These are just digital snap shots... Look at Blake's and Tom's threads for really good images.

15. 'Mo

'Mo

"I mean, when was the last time that an honest-to-goodness Valley Custom was shown east of the Mississippi? Beats the hell out of me."

I don't know, but a good bet would be the Ralph Jilek Ford, at last year's event!

[​IMG]

Eric H likes this.
  16. I literally almost ran into you on two different occasions Ryan, but being the socially awkward fellow that I am, I didn't introduce myself. You got a piece of my 40 in one of your shots, now I have to figure out how to steal it! :)

17. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The fuck? Dude... you should have stopped me. I would have loved to have met ya. I totally dig your car.

18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Just admit it, Man....your shots kill no matter what you are clicking with!

BLAKE likes this.
  19. Yup that car is sick! Nice pics Ryan

20. flamingokid

flamingokid

^^^I'm with Buford...

21. @Ryan - Nice snapshots! ... Thanks for sharing!

BLAKE likes this.
  22. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice pick. I get a really warm fuzzy from the red 61 Caddy Cpe Deville too. Too many to choose 1 for me. I tried to ignore the nun reference but I can't. 10 out 12 school years, nuns. The HS pricipal (Cabrini High in AP, MI) was refered to as "spook" because she was so pale. I think her name was Sister Mary Cyanide. In 8th grade the english teacher wacked me in the side of the head for reading CarToons during break instead of something "good". No appreciation for the art form. Speaking of art, also in elementary years I seemed to do art assignments that always related to cars. So, Sister Mary Guilt trip gave us a "spring time" assignment. "...trees, flowers, rain..." and singled me out saying cars had nothing to do with spring. I did my own version of a "Spring Nationals" drag race event poster and turned it in with a grin. She failed my work that day. Perhaps I'll see you 2 in "Damnation Alley" some day...

23. OK, if I see you in Wildwood I'll say hi. You are going to Wildwood, aren't you? And seriously, how can I get a copy of that photo? That's wall hanging stuff right there and right click, copy doesn't work. :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  24. jeta12

jeta12

Great shots!!.....Thank you!

25. I always dig the attorney stories...

Such a great weekend! It started with a few too many beers at Max's in Fell's Point on Friday night. After the hangover subsided Saturday morning, we were treated to some of the nicest cars I've seen in one show. The best part was speaking to the more than kind "gray beards" at the show.....There was literally not one "gold chainer" vibe that stereotypically is associated with some dudes owning such high caliber cars.

My favorite goes to Dave Dirico's '49 Merc....Happy to finally see it in person!

26. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

Thanks Ryan... ;). Hope to see you at the shore this weekend.

-Jerry

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

It was great to meet you Ryan and Blake.

BLAKE likes this.