Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Saved another one......

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by txturbo, Sep 27, 2014.

1. txturbo

txturbo

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Found this 49 Styleline Deluxe sitting in a field. Still has the 1966 license plate on it. Complete car except for 1 missing hub cap. The guy even had the crash repair parts he threw in.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    patmanta likes this.
  2. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

Where's that 'useless without pics' gif?
    :D

3. txturbo

txturbo

Right next to the "why won't it let me attach a file" .gif

31Vicky with a hemi likes this.
  4. txturbo

txturbo

There....finally took a file

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Interesting find.

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

looks like many hours of fun

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Nice find! Good luck with the project.

8. txturbo

txturbo

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Out with the old bent parts....in with the nice straight ones.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The previous owner of that car must have been one lazy SOB if it could have been fleshed out with no more effort than you put into it. Now, don't get me wrong, I realize you've got some sweat equity into the rebuild but no where near if the damage had required a fews hours on a frame machine before you could start bolting on parts. Looks like you'll end up with a real decent ride when you finish the rebuild.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  10. biscaynes

biscaynes

nice find....more pls!

11. txturbo

txturbo

Found a nice front splash apron inside the car and installed it as well. All that's left is to put the good hood on and put the bumper back on. The passenger side of the radiator support is pushed back about 3/4" but no big deal to fix that. I noticed yesterday that the block has a freeze crack behind tge generator that someone patched with fiberglass. The motor is stuck anyway. Not sure where I will go from here with this one. I have several going already and I lost my job last Thursday. So.....I may just have to haul it to the next swap meet.

12. good save tx.... most likely - he moved up to a nice used early 60's model in 66'

13. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

14. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

There was a threads on here a few days ago from a fellow with a 216 he wanted to dispose of........cheap.........might look for that thread.......

Ray

15. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

Good score! 216s are cheap and relatively easy to find. My '50 avatar still had the '62 tags with '65 decal on it when I got it.

16. txturbo

txturbo

Saw those....but they were old threads from 2012 that someone replied to. I doubt he still has it.
    It may just be an outside crack. I'm soaking it now to see if it will break loose.

17. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Oops! :oops:.................gotta remember to check those dates!

18. txturbo

txturbo

There are a couple for sale in the Houston area but they want $400 for them.

19. sdrodder

sdrodder
    from Houston TX

if you decide you want a 216 and your not in a rush, i got one in a 46 fleetline. Not sure if it turns but many good parts still. I just gotta pull off the front motor plate once i get it out of the car. If your interested make me an offer and ill pull it out when i get a chance get the parts i need off of it(mainly front motor plate, water pump and bellhousing stuff).

Good score on the car though. I was looking at that one for a while but to many projects already...

20. 59Apachegail

59Apachegail
    from New York

Last edited: Sep 29, 2014
  21. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

^ ^
    Whew, When I first read this, I started putting on the brakes about rite here^ in hopes you werent gonna say what I thought you were gonna say and then I was relieved it was going to the next swap meet and not to the junkyard.

Sorry about your job man, I will also be losing my factory job of seventeen and a half years next month due to it going overseas. Thanks Buffet!
    That sucking sound ole Ross Perot talked about is getting louder and louder all the time but hey I still feel fortunate at this point to know I can still just about walk out my door and find another job of some kind ,maybe not as good or maybe better, who knows?but a job never the less.

22. txturbo

txturbo

well.....Ive only scrapped a couple cars in my lifetime. And doing it is like asking me to choose which hand I want amputated. All I can think about is all those hard to find bolts, clips, special screws I'm going to be looking for someday....lol. If its an old car and I couldn't sell it....I would give it to someone before hauling it to the scrapper.

23. txturbo

txturbo

Thanks....I would be interested if its not locked up. I already have one that is. I may have some stuff to work a trade with also. Hell...since I'm jobless I could even come over and help pull it.

24. txturbo

txturbo

25. txturbo

txturbo

Got the new face all put on.
    49 Styleline Deluxe.JPG

26. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

27. chevy54man

chevy54man
    from NC

Looking better.....best to you man with the job search! Would love a project like that one!

28. gaga4toyz

gaga4toyz

Love the way it looks from the front. Good luck on the job. I've been there and it is stress full, but always seems to work out better in the end.

29. aldixie

aldixie

Nice two door.

30. txturbo

txturbo

hey Alex.....know anyone with a running 216?