Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Repairing a bad top chop or I need a roof

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nailhead terry, Sep 29, 2014.

1. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Repairing a 49 chevy top chop the best way I can describe it kinda looks like a cows ass that someone sewed up with a log chain .I am in need of a 49 to 52 fleetline roof and deck lid peferably in east texas 4 or 2 door just P. M. me a price I will post pics when i get it fixed

2. Terry, think I know where 1 is up here in Duncan that's a RUST BUCKET, but got a good roof. I'll check it out 4 ya and let ya know.

3. good luck with that; your first sentence cracked me up!

4. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

CTC Auto Ranch has a couple, in Denton, TX, don't know their pricing. Let's see some awful pics!

5. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love your description. Let's see the bad please.

6. DC43

DC43

^This^
    Much can be learned from crappy work!
    (As someone who has had to fix more than one crappy, cobbled chop job, I speak from experience..........)
    It'll truly help the guys that are novices or at the "apprentice" level.
    Good luck in your search!!!!!!!!

7. Thought for the day.
    We all have had ...... let's just say "unpleasant experiences" with "cobble job work" done by previous owners.
    But, we are all previous owners to those who now own what we sold.
    Let's hope OUR WORK was better than the work we read about, performed by other previous owners!;)

8. Kiwi 4d

Kiwi 4d
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not to hijack this thread but keep it alive . This was a crappy attempt by a now out of business nz shop at a top chop and just guess the window opening size. Ok so it's only 3/4 inch too big. But we needed to Put our hands in there to keep the rear window up. Crappy work.
    image.jpg