Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shed find 51 Suburban

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tetanusshot, Nov 18, 2013.

1. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

All that's left is just finishing it up.....

2. Model T1

Model T1

[​IMG]
    Love those panels and suburbans. Here's my 1948. I do have all the window stainless and rubber.

3. Cut and buff.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Is that panel chopped a few inches?

5. Folks, we have the beginnings of a floor! Slowly gathering more parts.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1397331935.101445.jpg

6. No more Flintsone mobile?

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

That's a start.

8. She's dried in!

9. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

How about lowered, a fine silver metallic (in lieu of bare metal), black steelies with spider caps, and wide whites?

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Bingo!

11. Read my mind. I might go a slightly darker pewter color on the fenders for little contrast. Wheels and wide whites are spot on.

I got the see my old wagon today and Jason put spider caps on it. I Knew It Would Look Good. Spider caps are the deal.

12. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Any pics of the wagon? Jason seems to be holding out on us.

13. None today. He decided to buy my third seat conversion. So we met downtown. I think he's putting the trim on next.

He may roll into Union styling a cool ride. It was kind of bittersweet seeing the old girl.

14. Model T1

Model T1

Is that panel chopped a few inches?

No! Sorry I didn't get back sooner. It's only lowered by removing rear leaf springs. MMII on front with cut coils. Nuthin fancy.
    I do have the stainless for around all windows, including those two rear ones. It really changes the look.
    There's a Ford Taurus third brake lite above doors and trailer hitch behind Monte Carlo license tag.

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Is this thread dead? Did you sell it?

tetanusshot likes this.
  16. CGkidd

CGkidd

Curious minds want to know. The work up to now was looking good.

17. Way to rattle my cage Andy! Not dead, but maybe an induced coma? My indecisions, coupled with work and home life have things surging at a glacial pace. I have collected all the correct patch panels, a front 3/4 bench, new grille, scored a nice little 283 sbc to replace the 307, spotlight thank to a neighbor @ Charlotte, and some questionable inner fenders. Here's a few pics of the progress out at Albro's Garage.
    photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG

Attached Files:

18. Oh, need help with locating brackets to accomodate the early sbc heads with no front mounting holes, to accept upgrades to Power steering (low mount left side), alternator above PS, and A/C upper right side. Sanden style compressor.

19. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

On those older engines, the generator was mounted on the exhaust manifold and the power steering pump drove off the back of the generator.

For future reference, a vehicle is worth much more if you say you found it in a barn. Wayne Carini on Chasing Classic Cars even calls vehicles he got out of a garage a barn find. LOL

20. How about if I say I found in a tractor shed, next to a barn, on a road full of farms?

rockable likes this.
  21. The frame got a bath in POR-15, brakes rebuilt all 4 corners, brakes plumbed, new Emergency brake components, rebuilt leaf springs, trans in with new crossmember. All patch panels secured and ready for someone with more time and talent than I!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413939419.901812.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413939445.397909.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413939468.810471.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413939494.118008.jpg

22. I was delivering a sign job to a client and this Indian motorcycle rolled in. I may go with this paint scheme eventually.
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1413939858.390463.jpg

23. good job so far and i like those colors.
    good work like that deserves a grilled salmon and a cold beer at Grahams landing.

24. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Is that a fade paint job on the motor?

26. Overspray is traditional.

27. quote; ever try russel's seafood ?
    no, but we stumbled upon Grahams landing, after a long boring drive on our way to charleston. we had a great meal, chatted with some fun people [including a guy who lived in his grandmas buick] we decided to stay over at the sportmans lodge. next time we will try Russel's.

28. The Russell Burger with deep fried potato balls. Smack ya momma good. Also the she crab soup I judge all others by. Enjoy!

29. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415584050.516981.jpg

De-rustification continues. This inner well was rusted through in a 20" x 3"
    area. No patch panels available and used parts are unbelievably scarce. Because of factory contours, the repaired area will be noticeable from inside. Upholstered side panels will be in the plans now.

30. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415584758.938759.jpg