Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration <<<< Friday Art Show 9/26/2014 >>>>

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Sep 26, 2014.

1. robber

robber

I will be starin' at this one awhile, Ruben Duran... I got a place in my heart for James Dean and the little bastard Speedster ;) Very cool scene! :)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2014
  2. image.jpg V8 awards we made here in the shop for our non-profit golf scramble....

JBurt and Jigger like this.
  3. robber

robber

I took that shot in Windsor, Colorado on Labor Day weekend, e1956v. It did have some faded lettering on the panels but I dont recall what it might have said... I just thought that it would make a cool image to have both of these ol' girls together. One a GMC and one a Chevrolet; they truly are some of America's "Country Cousins" :)

Spoggie likes this.
  4. robber

robber

cp 220.jpg ... "A Look Into The Past"... :)

JBurt, Jigger and Spoggie like this.
  5. ^ That's way cool Robber

robber likes this.
  6. robber

robber

Gallons of thanks, Spoggie! Comin' from you, that means a lot, mate ;) The reflection is on the side of my buddy Leon's '34 Ford...:)

Jigger likes this.
  7. 2nd Chance, I like the tractor disc signs! Well done.

larger scale Pontiac emblem ...

[​IMG]

8. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411779464.184530.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411779478.466194.jpg

Photography not art

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

TOE, JBurt, Spoggie and 1 other person like this.
  9. randyfloyd

randyfloyd

Davkin, totally digging these sketches today. Makes me want to put the complicated work away for a while and just do some drawing for a month or two.

10. So Good to see you posting again! You've been missed.....Stunning work as always.....Centurion9

11. Very late but I made it… Great show everyone!

Nothing new other than a clean up of this piece of a larger composition… This is also designed for use with the cell phone shells I'm hoping to sell...

"Ginger" (not from Gilligan's Isle…)

[​IMG]

and how about a picture from a big car show I went to with my son last Sunday...
    [​IMG]

Merlin, KCsledz, Ruben Duran and 2 others like this.
  12. Another from the show…

1960 Edsel

[​IMG]

13. ...all great stuff this week, Davkin, love those sketches.

14. Mark, do you think they put the hubcaps on that Pontiac after they parked it, so they would match? Great show, everyone! :)

15. Probably. He seemed like the type. Nice enough fella and the car was absolutely stunning inside and out. Very clean and true to the "Art Deco" originality rather that the trendy overuse of tan burlap and billet. One thing that was funny to me but I let it slide, he didn't even know the small block tunnel ram engine was a Chevy block… It was out of a Firebird after all… I'll send you more pictures of it in a PM. Plan to make a post on main board once all edits are made…

16. Sage

Sage

It's an old car show trick. Park it, jack it up & rotate (find some photos of Mumford's 2013 AMBR winner ~ all 4 tires are perfectly aligned).. But, in this case, it looks to just a happy coincidence (the chief isn't completely level).

Jigger likes this.
  17. Hey Tim Sutton- super Model 40/ 59A engine shot in the last ever Rod & Custom.

19. Ruben you never, NEVER, disappoint. This is fantastico!

Reminds me of one I will be sketching out based on a big hit song from the 60's… (that's all I'm saying for now) … and thank you for the comment!

20. rollie

rollie

IMG_3934.JPG IMG_3935.JPG IMG_3936.JPG Yard Art

JBurt likes this.
  21. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

from a recent show;
    [​IMG]

JBurt and Jigger like this.
  22. Here's the most "arty" part:
    60Edselcrop.jpg

Jigger likes this.
  23. What ever happened to the guy that used to weld up little dogs, bikes and cars? Always liked what he did and how his work progressed.

24. I agree completely but I couldn't resist that chrome puss…

25. Cool show, thanks all. Thanks Jigger. Groovy chick- I look fwd to '60's hit song thing..

Jigger likes this.
  26. Sage

Sage

You mean Brown Dog Welding ? It seems that he's been out of commission for the past 13 months or so undergoing several arm surgeries.

27. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Damn Ruben!

28. You can find him on Facebook.