Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Ultimate Jackstand

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM, Sep 24, 2014.

1. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

1920’s Fearless Freddie, Studebaker Mechanic, uses latest in automotive equiptment. SHORPY-GN-studebaker-1919-garage-3A.preview.jpg

2. psshhht.... I did that once with my truck on a uneven gravel driveway with no e-brake just a log or two behind the rear wheels:D:D:D

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

that was in the good old days where if an employee did something stupid at work and killed or crippled himself he did not sue the business owner.

4. 69fury

69fury

In Mexico and i think he was welding on the gas tank. -rick

Attached Files:

5. oh wow, only in mexico right?

what I wanna know is how in the hell do you even get a vehicle up like that? there's no jack that can get up that high and I don't see a crane in that second photo

6. 73RR

73RR

Ace, your Avatar reminds me of a Veteran's day parade back around 1970 where a National Guard tank cut a corner a wee bit too short and rolled over a parked car.

7. that sounds awesome. id be laughing so hard if I saw that. the actual pic is from a roadkill episode when they crushed a prius with a tank.

8. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

I was waiting for that pic to turn up.

9. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

I see a chainfall on a rail system ,but why not keep the hook on the car as a backup , who knows

10. clem

clem

( post 1). Cars weren't as heavy back then. Not as bad as it looks.

11. I drove my '64 Ford up on a snow bank one time to change the starter. Bitter cold and the snow was hard-packed from the snow plow. I dug out under it, laid on some cardboard and swapped out the starter with only the street light to see what I was doing.

12. The Observer Daily News..
    December 3,1922

Floyd (Fearless) Freddie a local Mechanic died from injuries he sustained in a freak accident at the Studebaker Dealership when a state of the art piece of equipment failed and he was trapped, his co-workers were able to us a chain fall that was close by to raise the car and extract Freddie.

He was pronounced dead at the Hospital. HRP

13. FASI

FASI

The truck was raised on its side by momentarily lighting a match under the leaking tank. The brief explosion was just enough to insert the props under the side to hold it up. A second explosion when the welder ignited the fumes was enough to remove the props. The welder was...... ....??????